SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thanks for that, @aaron819! Keep us informed!
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 849
    Yes, thanks @aaron819 , so I have wrong.

BTW, we need to do something with the fans of Seydoux who flood instagram by using the tag #spectre wrongly... They are just insupportable...
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @moneyofpropre2 I know right. They are crazy.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    I can see how that can be annoying to people trying to find information on the SPECTRE shoot. What can I say, Léa has a lot of loyal fans especially in Asia. I'll post an on set photo I found on the Bond Girl thread.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 849
    Yes there are, I ask gentilliy to some fans to block me or stop using this tag for nothing have to do with the movie (is the best method that I found), the most have block me so i doesn't see their flood anymore, but no "leaseydouxfr"... She make me crazy.
    Insta sucks too, why we can't just block the flux of certain people ? When you block someone, you always see his flux if he has not block you, is shoddy.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Yes, thanks @aaron819 , so I have wrong.

BTW, we need to do something with the fans of Seydoux who flood instagram by using the tag #spectre wrongly... They are just insupportable...

they are insufferable
    This is a MAJOR spoiler but being a big Bond fan, I'm finding it very hard to keep to myself. This was told to me during a meeting regarding an unconnected work project by pretty much the best possible source for such information, a KEY creative member of the SPECTRE team.
    SPECTRE will be Daniel Craig's last Bond. My source said that "something happens" during the film that will make it "impossible" for Craig to return. I don't know what that something is. Source also said that Craig's knee injury was much worse than people think and that this has changed the way they've had to shoot the film - shorter takes, fewer wide shots. This doesn't seem to be the reason for Craig leaving, though - it seems that was decided right at the beginning and it was the main reason Mendes agreed to return.

I know this goes against what we've been led to believe about
    Craig's contractual obligations
    but it might explain recent news stories. In any case, this is what was told to me. I don't want this to be a "scoop" or I'd have taken it to some "news" site. I just want to discuss this with some other Bond fans, as it's boggling my mind wondering what that "something" could be.
    Not the first time this was brought up but nice to see another source corroborating on this - makes an awful lot of sense and exactly what I thought - if you've read the script(s), and also with the whole Sony losing Bond rights after this.

Seems like this is indeed coming true...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    dmwalker wrote: »
    This is a MAJOR spoiler but being a big Bond fan, I'm finding it very hard to keep to myself. This was told to me during a meeting regarding an unconnected work project by pretty much the best possible source for such information, a KEY creative member of the SPECTRE team.
    SPECTRE will be Daniel Craig's last Bond. My source said that "something happens" during the film that will make it "impossible" for Craig to return. I don't know what that something is. Source also said that Craig's knee injury was much worse than people think and that this has changed the way they've had to shoot the film - shorter takes, fewer wide shots. This doesn't seem to be the reason for Craig leaving, though - it seems that was decided right at the beginning and it was the main reason Mendes agreed to return.

but it might explain recent news stories. In any case, this is what was told to me. I don't want this to be a "scoop" or I'd have taken it to some "news" site. I just want to discuss this with some other Bond fans, as it's boggling my mind wondering what that "something" could be.

You're full of shit, mate.
  • Well unless they've changed the ending, it's not impossible for Bond to come back at all. I'd take that info with a grain of salt.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 5,745

@dmwalker
    A few things.
    1. You created an account and made one post just to share this with us, but only after recent news stories of Damien Lewis being considered for Bond? Hmm..
    2. How did your conversation come up? A KEY creative member for SPECTRE wouldn't just go around talking about Craig leaving, especially BEFORE the big release later this year. That isn't a casual conversation, especially with someone not on the SPECTRE team, like yourself.

I know you wont, but if you provide any other sort of information on how you came to "know" this and why you just now wanted to share it with people, I would be very gracious. At the moment I'm considering this a trolling comment, and I am not blindsided by my not wanting Craig to leave, I just think you're post is very suspicious.
    I agree 100% with @JWESTBROOK. The story sounds very fishy @dmwalker
    Ok, I can see how this is going to go. I really didn't want to get into a whole load of posts attacking my credibility. I just wanted to discuss the information.

I do agree that it was an odd thing to share in the context. I was more than a little surprised myself. All I can tell you is that I work in the industry and colleagues are not as discrete with each other as you might think. Disclosing my source or giving you my name would not convince you I was legitimate, if you've already decided I'm a liar: Quite the opposite.

I'm a sane person in my 40s and I don't make things up and post them on the internet. I'll take your word for it that some people do but I can't see any reason why one would. In fact, I already posted this information on a small forum several weeks ago and got a load of abuse for it there, as well: I posted it here because I thought genuine Bond fans might be more interested in discussing it.

Is that not true?
    @dmwalker What industry do you work in? I know that people who work with EON are signed on a life contract not to share that kind of info, actually no info. The info you shared I'm sure wasn't shared with you.
    Well unless they've changed the ending, it's not impossible for Bond to come back at all. I'd take that info with a grain of salt.

The thing about the ending is that it would work perfectly either way if Craig leaves or not - it would work with both SPECTRE being the last film, and if B25 is a YOLT re-make that people suggested
    aaron819 wrote: »
    @dmwalker What industry do you work in? I know that people who work with EON are signed on a life contract not to share that kind of info, actually no info. The info you shared I'm sure wasn't shared with you.

I simply don't know what you want me to say. That may be the case: Nonetheless, this i what I was told. I know the information contradicts many things we've heard: Nonetheless, this is what I was told.

Not sure what I can add. I'm happy to provide information that doesn't compromise anyone but I didn't really want to have a discussion about my credibility. I don't see how anything is going to convince you if you're sure you know better.

• antovolk wrote: »
    Well unless they've changed the ending, it's not impossible for Bond to come back at all. I'd take that info with a grain of salt.

The thing about the ending is that it would work perfectly either way if Craig leaves or not - it would work with both SPECTRE being the last film, and if B25 is a YOLT re-make that people suggested

That'ss true, but it would be a stretch to say it makes it "impossible" for him to return. And if it was decided from the get go when Sam decided to come back, then we would've seen that in he scripts.
    antovolk wrote: »

Let me just clarify - nobody said that Bond wouldn't be back. That's what's messing with my head. They said "something happens" that would make it
    impossible for Craig to come back
    . I can't figure out what that would be unless they're going to
    embrace the idea of the "code-name" theory
    . But I find that very hard to believe.

• edited June 2015 Posts: 5,745

It makes not sense to introduce whoever Waltz's character is (Blofeld or not, he's still the head of SPECTRE) not kill him (like in the latest draft) and then reboot and ignore all of it or rely on the audience to be that forgiving.

1. The audience WILL NOT be that forgiving to just continue the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. stuff - Craig's Bond lost Vesper, Craig's Bond fought Quantum, and Craig's Bond will now be fighting S.P.E.C.T.R.E... no other actor will be able to cary on any sort of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. storyline and not completely confuse casual viewers.

2. It would be completely wasteful use of resources to not continue on with S.P.E.C.T.R.E. The last time they were used, we got five films out of them. We'll have one (three if you count Quantum) with Craig. That's such an ignorant money-grab use of them, and such a waste.

3. I refuse to believe that Criag simply just wants out. His paycheck has doubled with every film, he was willing to sign a contract as early as 2012 to continue the role, he's the most successful Bond of all time now that Skyfall hit a billion, and he genuinely seems to enjoy his creative input on such a huge franchise. I can't accept what there is absolutely no evidence for.

4. Sony has absolutely nothing to do with Bond 25. Craig isn't contracted with them as an actor. Who distributes his Bond films does not effect him in any way in the creator role for the franchise. @dmwalker already said it is not his knee injury, and that leaves me with nothing else to suggest he is leaving. Even the producers claim every chance they get that they want him for as many Bond films as possible.

What I think is happening is this - Since the Sony email hack, it has been apparent that they is some level of discussion as to who will replace Craig - the emails detailed Idris Elba. Now a betting odds agency has adjusted its list of replacements to better favor of Damien Lewis. They base their reasoning on his career currently, as well as shifts in audience favorites and rumors in the industry. I think whoever @dmwalker contacted truly believes this will be Craig's last, but I think the original source is a rumor. The whole "word of mouth" game in full effect. One person says Lewis would make a good Bond, so someone assumes he is considered to be Bond and talks about it, and that person assumes they are looking to replace Craig so they share that, and that person reasons that Craig is out and they share that.

Right now there is no evidence to suggest anything about Craig leaving.

I've now created a thread to discuss the more mysterious rumors that come up:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12303/the-problem-eliminator-thread-daniel-craig-quitting-after-spectre
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    The gentleman who fixed Daniel Craig's and Rachel weiz' squeaky bed says he overheard Daniel Craig telling his dog walker that he's staying.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Well unless they've changed the ending, it's not impossible for Bond to come
    back at all. I'd take that info with a grain of salt.

It makes not sense to introduce whoever Waltz's character is (Blofeld or not, he's still the head of SPECTRE) not kill him (like in the latest draft) and then reboot and ignore all of it or rely on the audience to be that forgiving.

1. The audience WILL NOT be that forgiving to just continue the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. stuff - Craig's Bond lost Vesper, Craig's Bond fought Quantum, and Craig's Bond will now be fighting S.P.E.C.T.R.E... no other actor will be able to cary on any sort of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. storyline and not completely confuse casual viewers.

2. It would be completely wasteful use of resources to not continue on with S.P.E.C.T.R.E. The last time they were used, we got five films out of them. We'll have one (three if you count Quantum) with Craig. That's such an ignorant money-grab use of them, and such a waste.

3. I refuse to believe that Criag simply just wants out. His paycheck has doubled with every film, he was willing to sign a contract as early as 2012 to continue the role, he's the most successful Bond of all time now that Skyfall hit a billion, and he genuinely seems to enjoy his creative input on such a huge franchise. I can't accept what there is absolutely no evidence for.

4. Sony has absolutely nothing to do with Bond 25. Craig isn't contracted with them as an actor. Who distributes his Bond films does not effect him in any way in the creator role for the franchise. @dmwalker already said it is not his knee injury, and that leaves me with nothing else to suggest he is leaving. Even the producers claim every chance they get that they want him for as many Bond films as possible.

What I think is happening is this - Since the Sony email hack, it has been apparent that they is some level of discussion as to who will replace Craig - the emails detailed Idris Elba. Now a betting odds agency has adjusted its list of replacements to better favor of Damien Lewis. They base their reasoning on his career currently, as well as shifts in audience favorites and rumors in the industry. I think whoever @dmwalker contacted truly believes this will be Craig's last, but I think the original source is a rumor. The whole "word of mouth" game in full effect. One person says Lewis would make a good Bond, so someone assumes he is considered to be Bond and talks about it, and that person assumes they are looking to replace Craig so they share that, and that person reasons that Craig is out and they share that.

Right now there is no evidence to suggest anything about Craig leaving.

I've now created a thread to discuss the more mysterious rumors that come up:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12303/the-problem-eliminator-thread-daniel-craig-quitting-after-spectre

Let me be clear: I really like Craig as Bond and don't want to see him go.

Also, I didn't contact anyone. The information was given to me without solicitation. As I said, the source was a KEY member of the team. I can't really stress that enough. This is not someone who might be mistaken. And whilst this will no doubt pour oil on the fire of my plausibility, I also know some people who are very close to Craig (though they did NOT give me this information - the two are unrelated) and I can offer my view on point number 3:

Hard as it is for us to imagine anyone wanting to give up the part of Bond, Craig's been a part of this for ten years. They are tough films to make, he doesn't like the publicity aspect and he's already very rich. The knee injury doesn't seem to be behind this decision but it's not likely to change his mind either: He's been injured several times now. He wants to go out on a high; he wants to do other things; and there are some personal considerations, too.

I've no information on his replacement. I think Lewis is very unlikely but I don't know. But the information I posted here is bound to be leaking out which has probably sparked the betting. I'd wager it's the wrong bet for the right reasons. I've a sense there's more enthusiasm for Elba but, again, that is NOT based on any inside information.

Unless I got what I heard severely wrong - and I really don't think I did - this IS happening, however odd it seems in the face of everything else.

• edited June 2015 Posts: 39
    The gentleman who fixed Daniel Craig's and Rachel weiz' squeaky bed says he overheard Daniel Craig telling his dog walker that he's staying.

I know you're joking (there is no dog) but this isn't as unlikely as you'd think. NDA's and the like are designed to keep people from talking to the press, not colleagues, family or friends. Otherwise, everyone (except producers) is quite indiscreet: If there's anyone else in the industry on this forum, I'm sure they'd back me up on that.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Troll.. doesn't work that way anyway ..and besides Columbia is still in the running. Eon isn't dumb enough to make a decision before release against the studio with a financial stake in the movie.

And no newcomers its not a code name. Get real or go away. You've already gotten the attention you were seeking.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I think @dmwalker might be right.
    I don't understand why you should attack him like this.
    I like DC, it's the best Bond in my opinion, but I can see him gone after SP.
    he has had his time, has his legacy, I think he want to leave with style.
    And also, I don't think the next one will be Elba. He's too different from Bond canon, and he's way too old to start a series of film. I think they will choose an english actor in his 20s
    Big point to remember - the 4 films we have with Craig are really a self-contained timeline exactly like Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, and I do not see them carrying on with the same cast/timeline etc. once Craig is out, whenever he is out.

That is unless there is another iteration of Blofeld/SPECTRE, as there ideally would be, after they reboot with a new actor. Look, if SPECTRE is the last Craig Bond, I think they won't have SPECTRE the organisation and Blofeld be involved again until say Bond 26/27 (which would be in the 2020s probably) and honestly, like with Joker, and hell, even Batman, 'rebooting' from 2008 in The Dark Knight to the 2016 iterations in Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad, IMHO it will be perfectly fine to introduce a new SPECTRE and a new Blofeld for the new actor's timeline around 8-10 years from now.

A massive factor to consider in all of this, and I already tried to explain this once before - is whether the new distributor, whoever they may be, will pick up future theatrical/home media distribution for CR, QoS, SF and SP. This is extremely important in terms of bundling the films together. At the moment this is all fine because Sony and 20th Century Fox co-distribute the Craig films on home media while Fox do all the of the earlier films. If the new distributor solely has theatrical/home media distribution rights for films AFTER SPECTRE - it would be extremely hard if not impossible to bundle any future Craig film that carries on in the same timeline as CR to SP together. Best example of that issue is Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk which Universal distributed instead of Paramount - this is causing issues for Marvel creatively too as they can't make a solo film with the Hulk without having to negotiate with Universal. In Bond's case it would be much safer to end Craig's story with SPECTRE and have Bond 25 with a new actor, if the worst comes to worst and the new distributor does not have rights to CR-SP.

The two super likely outcomes in all this IMO is either SPECTRE is the last Craig film or Bond 25 (which given SPECTRE's ending is perfect for a YOLT remake which would also work absolutely brilliantly as an ending to Craig Bond's story). Both options are absolutely fine in terms of ending Craig Bond's story, it's not like SPECTRE has something that would force them to carry on the story in 25. While it isn't "impossible" for Craig to return after SPECTRE, the script does allow for this to be an ending, and the early email conversations revealed in the Sony leaks, believe it or not, do talk about this "one last mission" for Craig's Bond being the hook of the film. In fact this is what I love about the ending - it works incredibly well as an ending to the last 4 films, but also it does allow for, if they end up making it, a continuation.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Troll.. doesn't work that way anyway ..and besides Columbia is still in the running. Eon isn't dumb enough to make a decision before release against the studio with a financial stake in the movie.

And no newcomers its not a code name. Get real or go away. You've already gotten the attention you were seeking.

What possible real-world use would I have for this "attention" you think I'm seeking? Even if it wasn't for ignorant people like you throwing insults, you think I wanted/expected praise for this information? Is that what you crave? That kind of attention?

Does nobody want to discuss the content? Is it that you think you'll feel stupid if you discuss it and it turns out not to be true? How will you feel about all your pontificating and insults when you find out that it is?

mcdonbb wrote: »

What possible real-world use would I have for this "attention" you think I'm seeking? Even if it wasn't for ignorant people like you throwing insults, you think I wanted/expected praise for this information? Is that what you crave? That kind of attention?

Does nobody want to discuss the content? Is it that you think you'll feel stupid if you discuss it and it turns out not to be true? How will you feel about all your pontificating and insults when you find out that it is?

You didn't insult me. Just made me laugh. Go away lol

Big point to remember - the 4 films we have with Craig are really a self-contained timeline exactly like Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, and I do not see them carrying on with the same cast/timeline etc. once Craig is out, whenever he is out.

That is unless there is another iteration of Blofeld/SPECTRE, as there ideally would be, after they reboot with a new actor. Look, if SPECTRE is the last Craig Bond, I think they won't have SPECTRE the organisation and Blofeld be involved again until say Bond 26/27 (which would be in the 2020s probably) and honestly, like with Joker, and hell, even Batman, 'rebooting' from 2008 in The Dark Knight to the 2016 iterations in Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad, IMHO it will be perfectly fine to introduce a new SPECTRE and a new Blofeld for the new actor's timeline around 8-10 years from now.

A massive factor to consider in all of this, and I already tried to explain this once before - is whether the new distributor, whoever they may be, will pick up future theatrical/home media distribution for CR, QoS, SF and SP. This is extremely important in terms of bundling the films together. At the moment this is all fine because Sony and 20th Century Fox co-distribute the Craig films on home media while Fox do all the of the earlier films. If the new distributor solely has theatrical/home media distribution rights for films AFTER SPECTRE - it would be extremely hard if not impossible to bundle any future Craig film that carries on in the same timeline as CR to SP together. Best example of that issue is Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk which Universal distributed instead of Paramount - this is causing issues for Marvel creatively too as they can't make a solo film with the Hulk without having to negotiate with Universal. In Bond's case it would be much safer to end Craig's story with SPECTRE and have Bond 25 with a new actor, if the worst comes to worst and the new distributor does not have rights to CR-SP.

The two super likely outcomes in all this IMO is either SPECTRE is the last Craig film or Bond 25 (which given SPECTRE's ending is perfect for a YOLT remake which would also work absolutely brilliantly as an ending to Craig Bond's story). Both options are absolutely fine in terms of ending Craig Bond's story, it's not like SPECTRE has something that would force them to carry on the story in 25. While it isn't "impossible" for Craig to return after SPECTRE, the script does allow for this to be an ending, and the early email conversations revealed in the Sony leaks, believe it or not, do talk about this "one last mission" for Craig's Bond being the hook of the film. In fact this is what I love about the ending - it works incredibly well as an ending to the last 4 films, but also it does allow for, if they end up making it, a continuation.

Ah - I haven't actually read the leaked stuff: Read some and then stopped - didn't want to spoil it (ironically enough). What is this "one last mission" stuff? Is there anything in the screenplay that might make sense of what I heard?

And that's a very good point about the new studio. That does make sense.

Also - thanks for at least discussing the issues. I appreciate it.

Would if definitely knew new studio... but umm we don't.

And if you are an insider... shame on you for lack of professionalism and leaking.

They want to sell tickets not kill their property.

Believe what you want. If Craig leaves then so be it ...doesn't prove you. My guess is Mendes will leave ..especially after preproduction and the threat to walk out ..rumored at least.

I think the dog told me that.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,164

Ah - I haven't actually read the leaked stuff: Read some and then stopped - didn't want to spoil it (ironically enough). What is this "one last mission" stuff? Is there anything in the screenplay that might make sense of what I heard?

And that's a very good point about the new studio. That does make sense.

Also - thanks for at least discussing the issues. I appreciate it.

Yes - basically (I know you don't need spoiler tags but anyway)
    the ending is Bond seemingly leaving MI6 (retiring or just for a while - thankfully that's unclear and that's how they can get Bond to come back for the next one) with Madeleine. Earlier drafts (the October one to be precise) had Bond killing Blofeld, while the December version and the finished film should have Bond arresting Blofeld and handing him over to M's men. One part lots of people have an issue on is Bond throwing his gun away symbolically in the Thames after, remarking that "he doesn't need it anymore".

The very early conversations between Sony execs and MGM (late 2013/early 2014 when it was just Logan writing this and before Purvis and Wade came on board to completely rework the story) definitely had "one last mission" mentioned as the hook of the film. Here it's more vague and that's why I like it to be honest, like I said above