Batman

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I received a partial refund on Bats. I could have had a replacement, but the new one might have had more than just the loose elbow. If the Gotham Knight Bats uses the same body, which looks the be the case, I won't bother adding it to my collection.
    Here's a tip: if you ever find yourself fighting Batman with a group of your friends, just do what the guy on the far left does!

a10f8a2b229d650e9418ca921ee11481.gif
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Gotham goons are so bloody useless.
    Here's a tip: if you ever find yourself fighting Batman with a group of your friends, just do what the guy on the far left does!

a10f8a2b229d650e9418ca921ee11481.gif

:)) Quality!!!
    Ha ha that is funny, prob tripped over his shoelaces. :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2015 Posts: 13,882
    My guess, black ice. Or should that be Bat Ice?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    My guess: He fainted from fear.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think he was pushed down by a Hans Zimmer BWAAAAAAAAA! =))
    I thought Batman 5 was to be titled Batman Triumphant?
    http://batman-news.com/2015/06/24/report-ben-affleck-to-star-in-and-direct-the-batman-in-2018/

So first solo batman film with Ben Affleck to be titled The Batman and is coming November 2018

thoughts?
    High hopes.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Wait, "Star in and direct"...?

I'm not sure about that. Can the titular superhero of a film direct himself. I'm somewhat afraid that might lead to a lot of self-indulgent stuff.

I could be wrong of course.
    Ben is a good actor and director. I am sure he can pull it off, just like Chaplin and Eastwood.
  • RC7RC7
    Ben is a good actor and director. I am sure he can pull it off, just like Chaplin and Eastwood.

I agree with you. He's seems like a much smarter guy than he's perhaps given credit for and a very talented director. If it turns out to be a bag of excrement I'll happily eat my words, but this has me more excited than most things on either of Marvel or DC's current slates.
    I must thank Kevin Smith for having grown to like Ben.
    Be certainly interesting how dark he makes him? I guess we will get a good indication when Batman v Superman comes out?
    OH! @Dalton12, you just made my day, sir!! The Killing Joke may very well be my favourite Batman comic EVER.

I hope they bring in Jay Oliva to direct and definitely Christopher Drake to score. Also, the animation has to be of the same level of quality as The Dark Knight Returns and Year One. This is adult stuff, not cartoon network stuff so I want the fine, delicate, polished style like this:

batman-year-one-movie-image-02-600x336.jpg

and not the "five pencil strokes and some simple colouring will do" type animation of the Justice League films:

VI8ZgFqf2S70bb_2_hd.jpg

Also, for a story this great and legendary, we absolutely must bring in Conroy and Hamill.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    OH! @Dalton12, you just made my day, sir!! The Killing Joke may very well be my favourite Batman comic EVER.

I hope they bring in Jay Oliva to direct and definitely Christopher Drake to score. Also, the animation has to be of the same level of quality as The Dark Knight Returns and Year One. This is adult stuff, not cartoon network stuff so I want the fine, delicate, polished style like this:

batman-year-one-movie-image-02-600x336.jpg

and not the "five pencil strokes and some simple colouring will do" type animation of the Justice League films:

VI8ZgFqf2S70bb_2_hd.jpg

Also, for a story this great and legendary, we absolutely must bring in Conroy and Hamill.

I completely agree with everything you said .
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Love him or hate him, but Affleck is a highly competent director and I can't wait to see what he brings to the table. But first, his new film 'Live By Night' starts shooting in November. I've been anticipating his take on Lehane's novel for a long while now.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Affleck as batman/bruce in the new trailer for bats vs super is just...

2qkhsva.gif

He's going to be awesome when he writes, directs and stars in the solo bats movie.
    Bond connection: Lewis Wilson, the stepfather of Michael G. Wilson was Batman in the 40s. Wouldn t Gregory Peck have been better suited?

And if they made a Batman film in the 70s, I think Ted Danson would have been the perfect fit. Thoughts?

You can think thoughts, but no need to let them overcome you. Thunderfinger can think them for you.
    Frank Langella, with a haircut, could have been an amazing Bruce Wayne, Batman in the 70s.

600full-frank-langella.jpg
  • Well, Langella did play a different sort of bat-man in the '70s opposite Bond alum Donald Pleasance. Sure could have used a haircut though...
    What film was that, @Some_Kind_Of_Hero and do you recommend I watch it? :p
  • My memory is a bit hazy, @DarthDimi...think he played a doctor of some kind...name of Ackulaw?
    He would have been great, now that you mention it!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Frank Langella, with a haircut, could have been an amazing Bruce Wayne, Batman in the 70s.

Wow I just came across this, and I don't know how I never thought of it myself! They should absolutely do this from now on!!

84671190.jpg