Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    No mention of the 2000-2001 tv series? Shame, I liked that remake series.

At 71 and 67 respectively, I doubt Ford and Jones be the leads. My guess is a remake. I won't complain, how many Dracula films have there been?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited May 2015 Posts: 45,489
    No mention of the 2000-2001 tv series? Shame, I liked that remake series.

At 71 and 67 respectively, I doubt Ford and Jones be the leads. My guess is a remake. I won't complain, how many Dracula films have there been?

217, second only to Sherlock Holmes with 223. (Counting tv films as well)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    SF's very own cinematographer Roger Deakins will shoot Denis Villeneuve's 'Blade Runner 2' next year. This is some of the greatest movie-related news I've heard in a long time.

http://www.slashfilm.com/roger-deakins-blade-runner-2/
    That IS good news, @Creasy47. Thanks for the info.
    Ahh... Sounds good. :)
    edited May 2015 Posts: 40,368
    You're very welcome, @Thunderfinger. Deep down, I've wanted a 'Blade Runner' sequel, solely out of curiosity, but I know it won't begin to match the excellency of the first one. However, with Villeneuve directing and now Deakins shooting, I have higher hopes.

EDIT: Here's a first look at Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian':

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/first-look-matt-damon-as-an-astronaut-in-ridley-scotts-the-martian-20150523
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    On the first look, I thought he had ARSE written on his shoulder...

• edited May 2015 Posts: 2,081
    There are so many movies coming out this year/next year that I'm really looking forward to and sort of drooling here going "Gimme!" absolutely ready to buy my ticket as soon as possible (and some people that I'd like to beg to start making movies again ASAP)... and this one... well, isn't one of them.
    People say the book is good.
    I'm pretty meh about Matt Damon - is he the lead? If so... well, meh.
    I like Jessica Chastain quite a bit.
    I hope poor Sean Bean's character doesn't die again.
    Maybe I manage to get interested enough in seeing it before it comes out.
    Despite rumors of shooting this fall, 'Tron 3' is now "dead" at Disney:

http://www.slashfilm.com/tron-3-dead/
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Despite rumors of shooting this fall, 'Tron 3' is now "dead" at Disney:

http://www.slashfilm.com/tron-3-dead/
    Good! So they can use the money for something worth it.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2015 Posts: 4,415
    Disney using T Project/Tomorrowland not bring in enough money, just for fun i wil predict Universal wil take over the project with Joseph Kosinski as directer after big hit of Jurassic World. Joseph Kosinski directed Tron Legacy and for Paramount/Universal he making Oblivion.

I think there are mabey a couple of reasen's why Disney mabey quite: 1./ Fans whant to see this movie in 3D. A whyle a go it like the Avengers 2 wil not be released in 3D on BD by Disney in The Netherlands. So mabey there whant to quite with 3D or / 2. I get feeling Warner, Fox and Disney going to look like bad sisters because sometimes i get feeling whant to quite with BD and not because of new format at end of year. That wil flop, because celling BD already be pushed back/limited stores by them.
    Bond is already taken over by Universal and Fox take over some animated parts of Universal. Pushing back on bonus material or the package. (Fox not release Night At Museum 3 without slipcover in The Netherlands) Both Warner/Fox take over the bad thing from Disney to re-release some movies without the sleeve/slipcovers.). Worse thing of them all some movie are not released at all on BD by Fox and Disney. Fox: The DC cut of X-men Future Past, Speed 2 - Side Effects - Hitcock are not avaible on BD in The Netherlands. Sad thnig is that Trance BD include BD spot for Hitcock on BD with Dutch subtitels. I also notice the strange behaviour of the earlier dvd times when we only sharing releases with French or/and Italy only slidy is coming back.
    / 3. Paramount/Universal suport Dolby Atmos, Disney don't/not yet and if point 2 be case.. 4. Disney whant to spend money on Indiana Jones/Starwars (Not realy understand why Paramount and Fox give a way so easy.)
    Dwayne Johnson to headline the remake of Big Trouble in little China.

I must say, not the worst choice. Johnson as lead doesn´t allow any comparisons with Kurt Russell in the first place. And Johnson´s not so bad in funny roles, I believe if the project is handled well (especially how the characters are built) and they don´t try to pay too much hommage to the original, it could turn out not too shabby.
    Needless to say, it´s technically, physically and spiritually impossible to top John Carpenter´s original.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/445921-dwayne-johnson-to-headline-big-trouble-in-little-china-remake
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

A film with the words cop and car in its title and starring Kevin Bacon cannot be bad.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    A film with the words cop and car in its title and starring Kevin Bacon cannot be bad.

I was kinda thinking the opposite... ;)

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2015 Posts: 4,415
    Some day there whant to make Airwolf movie there should hire Ethan Hawke and Kevin Bacon for the lead. Bacon as lost brother, Hawke as Stringfellow Hawke.
    Viral clip for Ridley Scott´s The Martian.

When I read the first synopsis a week or so ago I didn´t care much. Now I´m not so sure.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sh** I´m afraid I really want to see this.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Ridley Scott and space go together like wine and cheese. Damon and Chastain never let you down (in fact, both were in Interstellar, interestingly). Should be great.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I can imagine what people will say and the original with Albert Finney as Poirot is a regular fixture in our household.

I didn't mind the Suchet version despite him being the definitive Hercule I'll always prefer Sidney Lumet's 1974 version, what a cast including our very own Connery amongst a quality roster.

Though it seems a remake of Murder On The Orient Express is on the horizon produced by a director who has seen better days, yes Ridley Scott and possibly Kenneth Branagh directing. The thing is who do you get to play Poirot?

I'm not saying I agree with this but if you had to cast the Belgian again I vote for Mathieu
    Amalric, how you fill out the rest of the cast anyone's guess, maybe there is a role for Daniel here? One things for sure this will need to be a serious A list filling these roles.

http://collider.com/kenneth-branagh-may-direct-the-new-murder-on-the-orient-express/

On the subject of Christie my Wife and I have booked tickets to see a production of Murder For The Prosecution but it will be a Leeds Civic Hall but will be set out like a court room with the audience as jurors. Having grown up with Agatha Christie from an early age I really am looking forward to this.

I've seen a production of this before but this setting really excites me, we caught a production of The Mouse Trap a few years back to celebrate Diamond anniversary which was very entertaining.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited June 2015 Posts: 11,139
    New Trailer & Poster

WNyLnSi.jpg

This is going to be awesome.
    /\ Wow! Didn't even know about this film?!!
    Two actors with the same name playing twins, what are the chances?
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 5,767
    Two actors with the same name playing twins, what are the chances?
    =))

That poster looks as cool as the teaser.
    Ok, I'm practically drooling here...

So, the weather is absolutely crap anyway, and there's nothing worth seeing in the cinema - apart from, well, Mad Max Fury Road, funny that - so can we have "the fall" ASAP, please?
    What´s wrong with watching MMFR another five times :-)?
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 2,081
    Oh... well... nothing, I suppose. :))

It's just that there are so many movies coming out that I'm really, really looking forward to seeing. Autumn and winter should be very busy once again. Summertime at the cinema tends to be so boring in general, some summers I haven't gone at all. It's frustrating to wait for a whole bunch of movies and not having anything new to see. Things should start picking up in a couple of months I guess...
    Well, over here we´re having a film festival this and the next week :-).
    Plus there´s Victoria, a full length feature film with supposedly just one long take, no cuts. No idea wether it´s going to be good or not, but the technical experiment makes me curious in any case.
    And the film with the huge dog posse, shot with real dogs and no CGI.
    And then M:I 5 will be next.
    After that, thing s could get a bit dull...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm smelling Oscar nom for Hardy with Legends, based on that trailer.