SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Yeah, more like 177 than 77

@JCRendle Good one :)
    or maybe the shot is from earlier in the film, foreshadowing that the boats are there.
    Have you seen that the number close to the filming date is 007? Previously, all clapperboard numbers were increasing like the shooting timeline: this one doesn't really make sense.
    Not directly leak related, but this is the only place I could post this.

I had a dream about Bond 25 and I want to write it all down before I forget:

-I remember it starting out with Bond and Madeleine living somewhere like Monaco, they were both happy but there were bits where you begin to doubt if Bond can live a "normal" life. Scenes of lassitude and deliberately putting himself in danger during everyday tasks. I dreamed a bit where Bond was up at night, sitting in the dark watching CNN with headlines of terrorism on the rise and a terrorist prisoner gone missing. Madeleine turns off the TV and tells him something like "Let someone else fight the war. Come back to bed."

-Then I remember another bit where Bond and Madeleine are driving home from the beach and they are followed in the DB5 by Tilda Swinton who steers Bond into a car accident which kills Madeleine.

-Then there was another scene where Bond returns to London, barges into MI6 wearing casual clothing like from the QoS finale, basically storms into M's office announcing that he wants back in. It seemed like it was setting up the classic Dench era Bond vs. M fight, but M looks at him silently and says "You're back on active duty. Report back here tomorrow." followed by a "Welcome back, 007" as Bond walks out the door. Sure, M is reluctant about sending Bond out there without being sure about his state of mind, but he knows that Bond at 50% has a better shot at taking down Spectre than any other operative.

- Then what proceeded was not a QoS/LTK angry "This time it's personal" Bond, but he had this really intense focus and a tightness that causes a moment of indecision during an action set piece (all I recall was it starting out with a halo jump) that pretty much blows the mission. Felix was supporting Bond during the set piece and on the military freighter flight back he asks Bond if he could give him a piece of advice, which was a very Flemingesque monologue about how very few people have the privilege of seeing all sides of humanity, and that he loves that he gets to see true evil up close and personal. That they're bad men who have to make a sacrifice (love, happiness) to keep the worse men at bay, but he couldn't imagine living like a civilian and he wouldn't have it any other way. You only live twice, once when you're born, once when you look death in the face. They have the gift of being able to stare death in the face every single day, so they should enjoy their probably short lives to the fullest.

-Basically after that he begins to develop into a re-energized, re-inspired Bond who basically goes into "Goldfinger" mode.
    What footage will we possibly see in the trailer?
    Not directly leak related, but this is the only place I could post this.

I had a dream about Bond 25 and I want to write it all down before I forget:

-I remember it starting out with Bond and Madeleine living somewhere like Monaco, they were both happy but there were bits where you begin to doubt if Bond can live a "normal" life. Scenes of lassitude and deliberately putting himself in danger during everyday tasks. I dreamed a bit where Bond was up at night, sitting in the dark watching CNN with headlines of terrorism on the rise and a terrorist prisoner gone missing. Madeleine turns off the TV and tells him something like "Let someone else fight the war. Come back to bed."

-Then I remember another bit where Bond and Madeleine are driving home from the beach and they are followed in the DB5 by Tilda Swinton who steers Bond into a car accident which kills Madeleine.

-Then there was another scene where Bond returns to London, barges into MI6 wearing casual clothing like from the QoS finale, basically storms into M's office announcing that he wants back in. It seemed like it was setting up the classic Dench era Bond vs. M fight, but M looks at him silently and says "You're back on active duty. Report back here tomorrow." followed by a "Welcome back, 007" as Bond walks out the door. Sure, M is reluctant about sending Bond out there without being sure about his state of mind, but he knows that Bond at 50% has a better shot at taking down Spectre than any other operative.

- Then what proceeded was not a QoS/LTK angry "This time it's personal" Bond, but he had this really intense focus and a tightness that causes a moment of indecision during an action set piece (all I recall was it starting out with a halo jump) that pretty much blows the mission. Felix was supporting Bond during the set piece and on the military freighter flight back he asks Bond if he could give him a piece of advice, which was a very Flemingesque monologue about how very few people have the privilege of seeing all sides of humanity, and that he loves that he gets to see true evil up close and personal. That they're bad men who have to make a sacrifice (love, happiness) to keep the worse men at bay, but he couldn't imagine living like a civilian and he wouldn't have it any other way. You only live twice, once when you're born, once when you look death in the face. They have the gift of being able to stare death in the face every single day, so they should enjoy their probably short lives to the fullest.

-Basically after that he begins to develop into a re-energized, re-inspired Bond who basically goes into "Goldfinger" mode.

Cool
    or maybe the shot is from earlier in the film, foreshadowing that the boats are there.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    I don't know, but I hope we get lots of the OHMSS snow footage, cable car and clinic stuff from Austria, and of course car chase footage from Rome, plus all Bond Girls, posed very coy, especially Bellucci.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 4,622
    I don't know, but I hope we get lots of the OHMSS snow footage, cable car and clinic stuff from Austria, and of course car chase footage from Rome, plus all 3 Bond Girls, posed very coy, especially Bellucci.[/quote]

@timmer I hope we see something like that too.

This is the description of what was scene at CinemaCon, possibly this montage will be featured in the next action packed teaser trailer:

1. Bond presses Lucia Sciarra against a wall and she says, "If you don't leave now we'll die together, Mr..." He responds, "Bond. James Bond".

2. A plane bursts through snow, not in a crash landing manner, but almost as if it were being used as an enormous sled.

3. Car chase

4. One car eventually has it tail end engulfed in flames.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @aaron819, then again, didn't they show the same kind of packaged footage from SF at a convention in 2012 and we only saw it in some horribly-captured cam form on YouTube? That extended trailer shown was never released to the public, I don't believe.
    @Creasy47 Yes it was.

Here is an article from 2012 CinemaCon on the description of the teaser trailer that we later saw in May.
    Here is the link: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/89628-cinemacon-sony-previews-first-skyfall-teaser-trailer
    @aaron819, apologies, I could've swore they showed an extended trailer at some convention that we never managed to see in a proper way. My mind has failed me once again.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @aaron819, then again, didn't they show the same kind of packaged footage from SF at a convention in 2012 and we only saw it in some horribly-captured cam form on YouTube? That extended trailer shown was never released to the public, I don't believe.

We never saw it even in cam form, only descriptions. It was a 4 minute trailer at CineEurope I believe.
    @antovolk, I remember a poorly-shot cam version of a trailer hitting video hosting sites at one point - not even sure that it made it to YouTube without instantly getting deleted - that I don't believe ever received a properly released HD version.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @antovolk, I remember a poorly-shot cam version of a trailer hitting video hosting sites at one point - not even sure that it made it to YouTube without instantly getting deleted - that I don't believe ever received a properly released HD version.

That was the IMAX trailer that debuted with The Dark Knight Rises - which believe it or not is online in HD now (the agency that did the SF trailers uploaded it on their site months after SF opened)

@antovolk I loved that IMAX Trailer, I hope there will be one for SPECTRE too, specially made for IMAX
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 3,164
    @antovolk I loved that IMAX Trailer, I hope there will be one for SPECTRE too, specially made for IMAX

That'd seriously be cool. Gonna shamelessly repost a slightly updated version of my initial teaser trailer idea based off the script:
    FADE IN ON panning shot across a lake in Austria, towards a lone snow covered cabin
    Bond entering the cabin...slowly, we seem him search around, and carefully finding a hidden door...which then opens to reveal Mr White, bearded and in a wheelchair, connected to drips, in a panic room with TVs all around him playing news coverage

BOND: "It's time to get out"

MGM/COLUMBIA logos

Bond and White across each other at a chess table (still at the cabin clearly) -
    White: "I always knew death would wear a familiar face...but not yours".
    Bond: "I was at a meeting and your name came up..."
    White: "I'm flattered London are still talking about me"
    Bond: "It wasn't MI6..."

Bond slides the SPECTRE ring to him, White picks it up, shocked expression, FADE out and...

Sharp flash cut to overhead shot inside of a great hall in an Italian palazzo, a meeting taking place, with lots of on lookers around a big table and on the gallery upstairs...candles are snuffed out as we see a man, in shadow, approach the head of the table and take a seat as we fade to black...

Bond: "What did you do..."
    White: "I disobeyed him..."

FADE through to shots of our familiar MI6 team, Moneypenny at Bond's apartment, Tanner and Q at an underground facility that's clearly Q-Branch, M shaking hands with Andrew Scott's Denbigh in his office, then Bond and Lucia (Bellucci) pressed up against a wall inside an Italian villa, then Bond's DB10 approaching a magnificent Palazzo (Blenheim), all as we hear:

White: "He's everywhere...sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating with your family..."
    Lucia: "These people...the power that they have...if you go there you are crossing over into the darkness, to a place where there is no mercy."

Fade back to the meeting as we see Bond amongst the gallery looking down at the proceedings, trying to blend in as we hear from the head of the table:

A voice (we know it's Waltz) "Welcome stranger. It's been a long time... but finally here we are...can you hear me? I can hear you breathing..."

He leans in to reveal his face (audience holy shit moment because Waltz)

"Bond, James Bond".

Bond looks around as security trains onto him and he legs it to the window, crashing out of it, CUT TO BLACK then smash back to Bond running out of the palace, geting into his DB10, engine roaring as he speeds out of the grounds flanked by Hinx's Jaguar and showered by gunfire and we cut to

THIS NOVEMBER

And a montage featuring something like what was in the Skyfall teaser or music in this spot along the lines of
    - Reveal of a sleek new building right across the Thames from the derelict old MI6 offices
    - a stark glass building amongst the mountains (IceQ hotel in Solden)
    - Madeleine looking out the massive windows at the Alps
    - Lone train in the midst of the Sahara
    - Bond approaching the funeral in Rome (that we saw set pix of) and meeting Lucia
    - Shots of the DB10 v Jaguar chase in front of the Vatican
    - A plane crashing through a snowy barn at Obertillach
    - A large group of military personnel and a big APV approach M at a barracks at dawn
    - Aerial shot of London blacking out

CUT TO BLACK

Bond: "This organization, what is its name?"
    As we FADE IN to see him, Madeleine and Q inside a hotel room, camera pulls focus on Madeleine as we cut to-

SPECTRE logo forming like in the title reveal video as we hear the DUNDUN,DUN, 007 logo at the bottom

NOVEMBER 6 - gunshot/octopus logo in the background
    EXPERIENCE IT IN IMAX
    Do you think it will be a rain scene in the finale in London, as it was stated in the early drafts.

@slyfox did spot fire engines spraying water on the bridge.
    What scene numbers are they filming today? Any ideas?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    mnhettia wrote: »
    huh?!?what is Monica Belucci doing in Morroco? has her character been changed back to Irma Bunt 1.0?
    I doubt it, we know from scenes filmed that she is still the Lucia Sciarra from both scripts - the Irma Bunt character was a separate entity in the earlier draft

Things change. Filmmaking is not stuck in stone, a production is, sometimes, far more fluid than many people might think.

but when scenes are filmed with a specific character, and that character appears in the trailer - and it's part of a scene that many of us who read the leaked script drafts, know what is going on (ie: the funeral scene).. it's obvious that Monica is Lucia..

you're right about filmmaking, it is fluid, and often times scripts will be adjusted or altered depending on numerous factors - ie: dialog and logistics... but rarely does a character change happen 80% of the way through production... especially when said actress was announced at the December presser as playing Lucia Sciarra.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    HASEROT wrote: »
    huh?!?what is Monica Belucci doing in Morroco? has her character been changed back to Irma Bunt 1.0?
    I doubt it, we know from scenes filmed that she is still the Lucia Sciarra from both scripts - the Irma Bunt character was a separate entity in the earlier draft

Things change. Filmmaking is not stuck in stone, a production is, sometimes, far more fluid than many people might think.

but when scenes are filmed with a specific character, and that character appears in the trailer - and it's part of a scene that many of us who read the leaked script drafts, know what is going on (ie: the funeral scene).. it's obvious that Monica is Lucia..

you're right about filmmaking, it is fluid, and often times scripts will be adjusted or altered depending on numerous factors - ie: dialog and logistics... but rarely does a character change happen 80% of the way through production... especially when said actress was announced at the December presser as playing Lucia Sciarra.

Don't think he was suggesting Belucci's character had changed name, rather that her role may have now been expanded to include some of the old Irma Bunt stuff in Morocco

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited May 2015 Posts: 4,399
    HASEROT wrote: »

Don't think he was suggesting Belucci's character had changed name, rather that her role may have now been expanded to include some of the old Irma Bunt stuff in Morocco

hmmm.... if it does, it does and i'll be the first to admit i am wrong - but that would require a complete character change then (not in name or actress mind you, but in terms of motivation and plot).. the character of Lucia isn't really a baddie (at least in the draft i read), so suddenly flipping her to becoming Irma Bunt (or like her) I don't see happening - not this late into production..

admittedly though, it would be an unexpected twist were it to happen... so i am not against the idea. lol.
    Bellucci in Morrocco, most likely means press ops.
    Nothing more. Similar to Lea in Mexico.
    Lucia's story finishes in Rome.
    There is nothing in script about her hanging about or around Obehauser's African base.
    It would make no sense.
    With the recent London filming, especially Trafalgar Square tonight, aspects of the London climax are still in flux. and Moneypenny spotted with that personal effects box by the Foreign Office and from descriptions of the CinemaCon footage they may be changing a few scenes early on up too, but I think the plot is still generally the same.
    @antovolk

I must confess, all those pictures you posted in the other thread have me confused.
    Great job staking out the London shoots and getting the pics, but could you help with where these recent shoots figure in the script.
    The bridge, chopper, and boat stuff is obviously the Bond chasing Oberhauser scenes at end of film, but what about the other London stuff, involving Bond?
    What are M and MP doing, out walking about?
  • Hi guys. I have been thinking about these new pics, with Daniel, Lea, Tanner and Q outside and driving cars in London. As far as I can see, there is nothing in the script this relates to, so either the ending has changed (it appears Daniel is wearing the same clothes as we saw him on the boat on the Thames), or maybe they are doing some filming now for the start of the next one??? I recall last week that when filming the cars people in the pub were warned of gun shots...
    In the script, Bond and Madeleine meet with M and Co before he goes after Denbigh and Oberhauser. So I think these are those scenes. Nothing has changed in the script.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 44
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    In the script, Bond and Madeleine meet with M and Co before he goes after Denbigh and Oberhauser. So I think these are those scenes. Nothing has changed in the script.

Ah yes, forgot about that bit, thank you! Maybe the army barracks reference has changed

What about all the scenes with Q, Tanner and Moneypenny at Admiralty Arch and Trafalgar Square. We are those scenes in the film. Or Ralph and Craig in the car and stunt drivers in the surrounding streets. Changes have been ma to the 3rd act and mostly to the finale.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 95
    Hi,

New guy here. Been following the MI6 forums on SPECTRE since last September and have found it completely fascinating to watch all the pieces of this massive film coming together (pics, video, et). I had never actually followed a film from pre production thru actual filming like this. Really an eye opener and gives me a huge appreciation for all the hard work that goes into making a Bond film. All of them.

Like all of us, I'm a huge Bond and have been for 30 years. So earlier this year I managed to get a look at the outline from late October - a rarity that will probably never happen again where we actually have an "insiders' knowledge" of what they are filming. Though no one Bond film can please us all, I truly feel this one looks as though they are really trying to tick as many boxes as I could personally hope for, realistically speaking.

One thing I am puzzled by and perhaps someone here has an idea. In the outline there is mention of a blackout in London right before Bond goes to see "C" at the CNS. But all the filming we've seen in London the past couple weeks at night like on the Thames, Trafalgar, et are as brightly lit as possible. Even street lamps are fully ablaze that one would think could be turned off if they wanted to make the blackout look authentic and less work later. I realize the lighting is necessary for filming and in post all this can be darkened, lights digitally removed, reflections, but it seems a shame to remove all the beautiful lights and background of London - especially since it is really the first Bond to have a London-heavy third act. I just hope Hoytema's cinematography has such great backgrounds to capture to make this ending one to remember.

Is the blackout integral? Outline doesn't say what it's for.