Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It was only till recently that I found out Suicide Squad was being filmed in my city. :)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I think a lot of 'Suicide Squad' looks a little too cosplay to me.

I have to agree with you. The only, only bright spot in this is that the actress playing Harley Quinn looks damned good as a Harley Quinn cosplayer. She's about the only one of this cast that interests me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I have to agree with you. The only, only bright spot in this is that the actress playing Harley Quinn looks damned good as a Harley Quinn cosplayer. She's about the only one of this cast that interests me.

I'm right there with you, and even though Jared Leto is one phenomenal actor, I don't know how I feel about the look of his Joker, either.

I'm right there with you, and even though Jared Leto is one phenomenal actor, I don't know how I feel about the look of his Joker, either.
    Which actually nobody has seen yet, since the previously released fotos were decoys.

edited May 2015 Posts: 40,468
    @boldfinger, well, that isn't technically true, as the only 'decoy' is the officially released photo of him, but even then, it's only considered one because the tattoos were fake and won't appear in the film. There are quite a few other BTS photos of him in character.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Suicide Squad has me excited! First of all: Harley. Shall we finally get a live action Harley Quinn? I can't wait! Second, I'm already something of a Suicide Squad fan since I saw Assault On Arkham and started reading the Suicide Squad comics in the N52 series.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Suicide Squad has me excited! First of all: Harley. Shall we finally get a live action Harley Quinn? I can't wait! Second, I'm already something of a Suicide Squad fan since I saw Assault On Arkham and started reading the Suicide Squad comics in the N52 series.

I mean no offense with this but... wasn't Assault on Arkham only released last year? That's... not a lot of time. Go back and watch the Justice League Unlimited episode "Task Force X" and the Arrow episode "Suicide Squad", right now.

I'm glad to see another Suicide Squad fan (they're a great team, when they're done right), however this movie doesn't have me the least bit excited. Even more than Justice League, this movie should have been DC's Avengers. We should have seen these villains pop up in other films, and then team up. There's just not enough time for the film to introduce them all.

Though I do want Harley Quinn. I don't care if she's in the movie or not, I seriously want to snog Harley Quinn, she's g*ddamn hot. Hopefully she nails the voice as well, because she looks exactly like Harley Quinn popped right off the comic book page, and that is wonderful to me. Considering the rest of the characters look 100% like sh*t (save for, and I cannot believe I'm saying this, Will Smith as Deadshot), the fact that Harley Quinn looks so damn good amazes me.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Agent007391, how long does it take to build fandom for something? ;-) Indeed it's only been a few months since watching AOA but I've doing quite a lot of reading since, I assure you; ;-)
    @Agent007391, how long does it take to build fandom for something? ;-) Indeed it's only been a few months since watching AOA but I've doing quite a lot of reading since, I assure you; ;-)

Like I said, no offense. I'm glad that wasn't you're only exposure to the Squad (despite how damn good that movie was).

Now that I think of it - Rip whatever script you have for Suicide Squad up, Warner Bros.! Just do a live action version of Assault on Arkham, you'll please everyone!

From personal experience I'd say a few months is plenty. :D (Talking about fandom in general here, not Suicide Squad - I'm not a Fan, but very interested.) For me it tends to take a a bit of time to even realize that I've become a fan, it's something that creeps up on me, and then I'm like, wait a minute, how the heck did this happen? And indeed, the amount of reading and other research tends to be enormous. I hope no new fandoms attack me this year, I'm knee deep in movies and cds and books here, and the poor laptop is overworked. :))

Anyway... guess I'll go and check out some BTS pics or something, hmm... And Ayer's twitter for a change...
    There's a set video up on YouTube that appears to be a flashback to when the Joker first met Harleen Quinnzel, and damn but does it look stupid. You can't hear any dialogue (if there even is any), but just Leto's motions as the Joker look like he's trying too hard. I hope that doesn't come across in the film.
    @Agent007391, are you talking about the one posted late last night, with him and Harleen standing in front of the sports car? Agreed. There is also a video of Jared at one of his band's concerts where he apparently uses the voice he's using for the Joker, and I didn't care for it whatsoever.
    That is the one I'm talking about. The only part about it I like is the Joker driving a purple sports car.
    I'm really hoping that once we see the first true bit of footage, it'll change our minds, but I have to say, none of this is shaping up to inspire excitement for me.
    Better Look At Jared Leto's 'Joker' & Margot Robbie's 'Harley Quinn' In SUICIDE SQUAD Set Pics

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=120709
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2015 Posts: 28,694
    Joker driving a purple sports car? What the hell is this movie... And those tattoos are still there, especially that stupid "damaged" one. Ayer, you gots some 'splainin' to do.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Joker's Millions. :))
    Not sure if these images are official, but someone took two Batman & Superman images from comic books and retouched them to match the movie. Looks pretty cool!

Originals:
    original.jpg?w=800&hget?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F236x%2F2e%2F86%2F11%2F2e861153718f1b8cd3443abe0e8875ee.jpg&key=nNgFyEfwW1E65pqdGkOs4w&w=800&h=360

BvS:
    bvs2_zps69x5dwzw.jpg
    bvs_zpstgbxzgzt.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Astounding! =D>
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Omg, who will win?
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    Better Look At Jared Leto's 'Joker' & Margot Robbie's 'Harley Quinn' In SUICIDE SQUAD Set Pics

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=120709
    I don' t know what people are complaining about, I think Jared looks cool. Still haven't got the slightest idea where this is heading.
    Trying to reserve judgement with Suicide Squad though my gut instinct is saying this could end up not working.
    Those designs are simply stunning! :-O
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 2,081
    Not sure which thread this belongs to... probably the other one, sorry...

• edited May 2015 Posts: 4,813
    SO COOL!!! Batman is in top of the Joker's car! Looks like he's in Suicide Squad after all!

11222707_724943587614402_426305267533405083_n.jpg?oh=ec1e88954ecb3c2448686daa83c40155&oe=55F293CC
    11220916_842049839205917_8209998864540662314_n.jpg?oh=d3437b309083d9a87f9f33fee04de17d&oe=55F9C3FD
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 6,432

@Master_Dahark YouTube footage of your spoiler.

The reaction is brilliant!
    @Master_Dahark,
    Unfortunately, it looks like he'll be sporting a CGI cape, for unknown reasons. That Batsuit, though...
    @Master_Dahark,
    Unfortunately, it looks like he'll be sporting a CGI cape, for unknown reasons. That Batsuit, though...
    Probably just for that scene-- make it flow pretty, lol
    @Master_Dahark,

I do hope you're right! When they start CG'ing stuff like that is when I start to get worried.
    @Master_Dahark,

I do hope you're right! When they start CG'ing stuff like that is when I start to get worried.

*Cough*GreenLantern*Cough*