Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Watched a Jean Claude Van Damme called 6 Bullets. I'm a sucker for these efforts that he keeps churning out so quite enjoyed it. Its nothing spectacular but the stories ok and Van Damme does Van Damme.

I liked 6 Bullets, it's in my top 10 JCVD films. It's from the same director as Assassination Games, my favourite JCVD film since Hard Target, and also directed JCVD's upcoming Pound Of Flesh.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 6,432
    Watched two great movies last night Usual Suspects which is to me one of the best films of the 90s. Also watched which still retains the MCU top spot IMO Captain America Winter Soldier
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2300975/ JESSABELLE - One of the better modern horrors. Decent reminded me of Bag Of Bones. Worth a watch.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2015 Posts: 13,894
    Lawn Dogs

Mischa Barton & Sam Rockwell star in this drama about the innocent friendship between a 10 year old & a 22 year old man, and how it's misperceived by the local community.
    Watched two great movies last night Usual Suspects which is to me one of the best films of the 90s. Also watched which still retains the MCU top spot IMO Captain America Winter Soldier

two of my favorite movies.

Tried to watch a Bmovie Supercroc with my brother. I may have lost the will to watch and make fun of bad movies.

A Kubrick trio

Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
    Fear and Desire (1953)
    Killer's Kiss (1955)

I have now seen all of Kubrick's films
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 2,081
    John Wick - Lacks substance, and is basically just about fighting, stabbing, punching, shooting and killing lots of people and making it look cool... which it does. The action is well done and the movie looks good. As revenge stories with lots of glorified violence go, this was pretty good. I haven't seen Keanu's movies much for a while, the last one I saw was Street Kings and didn't like it, but there's something about him I've always liked and I liked him here. I expect I'll see part 2. And the next time someone says how silly it was that John Preston (Equilibrium) killed several people because of a puppy (missing the little fact that if he hadn't, he'd have been killed himself, too), I think I'll mention his namesake John Wick... ;) Cute puppies rule! :D
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Also watched which still retains the MCU top spot IMO Captain America Winter Soldier
    That movie is beyond awesome IMO.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 11,189
    Gone Girl

I wasn't entirely sure at first but I ended up enjoying it more than expected. Definitely has the typically bleak feeling of a David Fincher film (as well as the moody, dark cinematography).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2015 Posts: 15,692
    Nuit Blanche (Sleepless Night)

A french action/thriller, very tense set during a single night in a night club. The main guy was quite good, great fight scenes, story was interesting, if a little predictable, but I throughly enjoyed it. When french thriller/crime directors are inspired, they sure make some epic films.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Sea Wolves, with Roger Moore and Geoffrey Peck. A diverting film, to be sure. Sir Rog is always a hoot. Incidentally, Syd Cain, Maurice Binder, Martin Grace and Bob Simmons all worked on it aswell.
    Just rewatched a Peter Watkins double-bill : "Culloden" and "The War Game". Still excellent, and still nightmare-inducing after all these years. Highly recommended.
    Conquest of the planet of the Apes The unrated cut. I have never seen this ultra violent version of the film previous to now, and what I have just watched certainly will stick will me for while. This version is even darker and more chilling, the alternate ending pulls no punches at all and renders the fifth film defunct. Roddy Mcdowell perforamce is excellent, whoa that film was good.

Also must say the menu designs for the Bluray versions of the first five films are superb.

the alternate ending pulls no punches at all and renders the fifth film defunct.
    Why?
    :-??
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 6,432
    @chrisisall A death took place that in the theatrical version did not take place, also the intent of the Apes is very different at the end of the Unrated version.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Not having seen the original Ape films is one of the things I need to fix in my life. I was too young during their original run, but I loved the comics.
    Not having seen the original Ape films is one of the things I need to fix in my life. I was too young during their original run, but I loved the comics.

First time in several years I have revisited the films, having just watched the first four over the last few days they realy do stand up well. Each film offers something different within the over all narative, highly recommend them on Bluray.

Will buy them if I find them. Have you read the comics? Drawn by Bill Sienkiewicz, a true master. You may know him from Moon Knight.
    Will buy them if I find them. Have you read the comics? Drawn by Bill Sienkiewicz, a true master. You may know him from Moon Knight.
    Oh yeah, I was into Moon Knight.
    I love the Apes movies, but I also love the TV series. It was cut short at like 13 episodes, but it was so high quality for TV at the time. I just have to imagine my own series finale...
    Off topic as usual, but please Disney. If you love me as much as I love you, make a Moon Knight movie. The series is a cinematic gold mine.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 17,691
    Off topic as usual, but please Disney. If you love me as much as I love you, make a Moon Knight movie. The series is a cinematic gold mine.

marvel_preview_21_inside_cover_bill_sienkiewicz_moon_knight_marvel_march_1980.jpg
    @chrisisall, any idea for who should play Jake/Marc/Steven/Moon Knight?
    @Thundefinger I'll go with Chris Pratt- because he gets picked for every new project real or imagined now.
    Furious 7, worth my every penny. This did a great justice with late Paul Walker
    chrisisall wrote: »
    @Thundefinger I'll go with Chris Pratt- because he gets picked for every new project real or imagined now.

Hmmm, or Idris Elba? As long as it is not Ryan Reynolds, I guess we are good. How about Josh Brolin? Or maybe Karl Urban...
    edited May 2015 Posts: 17,691
    I like Brolin a lot, actually.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I like Brolin a lot, actually.
    After Jonah Hex, I was sold on him. He was also terrific in W and Men in Black Tights.
    Black Hole In HD the visuals are at times striking and quite compelling, John Barry's unusual score adds to a very atmospheric movie.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed, watched it a few weeks ago on sky movies. Barry's score is
    Fantastic.
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Agreed, watched it a few weeks ago on sky movies. Barry's score is
    Fantastic.
    First time I had seen it in decades, remember having toy figures of the robots as a kid.