• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I base all my voting decisions with politics, on minor celebs and
    Of course ladies with big boobies ! :D
    So you're voting for Eric Pickles then?
    =))
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    It Allways seems to me that the electorate have in the main short memories if you look back over the last fourty or more years the Country has Allways been in a much poorer condition after a period of Labour being in power just look at the mess we were left in before the last General Election .

Post of the day. Here here.
    No matter who wins, I really hope that any " Celeb" who states that if party A, or B
    Wins they'll leave the country. ARE made to leave after the election. :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DrGorner wrote: »
    No matter who wins, I really hope that any " Celeb" who states that if party A, or B

That is not limited to the UK.

Before our 2013 elections, a LOT of people said they would flee the country if the Progress Party entered government. They did enter government and all those people are still around.
    I assume you're talking about a certain ex-Apprentice?
    I'm talking about all of them, do they really think they're so important that the
    Country would fall apart without them ? It's all bluster no matter who wins they'll
    Still be here.
    So as a bonus for the rest of us it would be nice to see various "Z" list celebs
    Being forced on to ships and told to sod off, you self important, self obsessed
    Self lovers.
    I don't care who they support.
    I will be very surprised if their is a clear winner come the end of the Election?
    Nicola Sturgeon perhaps ? :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    If that insufferable turd Katie Hopkins has threatened to leave the UK, should Labor be elected, then let's all vote for Labor. I would even hold the boat steady for her to climb aboard, and then push it right out into the channel.
    If that insufferable turd Katie Hopkins has threatened to leave the UK, should Labor be elected, then let's all vote for Labor. I would even hold the boat steady for her to climb aboard, and then push it right out into the channel.

One good reason to vote Labour. Maybe the only one so far. I still cannot forgive them yet for Iraq.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    JCRendle wrote: »
    So you're voting for Eric Pickles then?

:D :D :D

That's what I miss most about the UK. British satire rules ok.
    One question for all my overseas UK-neighbours: Is there a serious possibility of a 3-party coalition government of:
    --> Labour
    --> Scottish National Party, &
    --> Liberal Democrats
    ???

We all know for a majority there needs to be a HM Government of 326 seats or more. These are the current seat projections:
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2015/feb/27/guardian-poll-projection

And so far the SNP is stable at around 55 seats, while Labour is stabile at 271 seats. Tories are now slightly loosing seats the past days, and are now also at 271 seats. But even if the Conservatives gain again, due to the "PM-bonus"-effect, they can never form a comfortable majority government.

So if this trend lingers in, a coalition government of Labour and SNP, perhaps with support from LD could very well be happening.

In any case, the Conservatives are right now with all options on the loosing side. Could this mean that the UK is finally pursueing a more progressive approach? For me as a Dutchman I'd love to see a Labour-SNP-LD-coalition government. If you need some advise on workable, stabile coalition governments, you can always ask The Netherlands ;-).
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    For me as a Dutchman I'd love to see a Labour-SNP-LD-coalition government.

And I'd like to see a communist/ISIS government in Holland. I'm not sure you'd be quite so keen an advocate for this if it was your money that was going to be spunked on Irn Bru and triple heart bypasses when Sturgeon's coronation as Labour's puppet master takes place in a few weeks.

Anyway as to your question I think its unlikely to happen for several reasons:

1. It's looking increasingly likely that Labour + SNP will be there or thereabouts without the need to do a deal with the Lib Dems.

2. Their share of the vote having already dropped off a cliff since the halcyon 'I agree with Nick' days following lots of broken promises, can the Libs really turn their backs on the last 5 years as if it was nothing to do with them and join the opposition overnight without becoming a total laughing stock and further decimating their share of the vote?

3. It's debatable if the Libs will even get enough seats to make them a big enough block to have much influence anyway.
    I just dread the day Labour return to Number 10
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 11,119

Always better than facilitating xenophobia :-). Let the dirty xenophobic UKIP do its campaign banter for the Tories for free. Her Majesty's new lap dog no :-)?

And in the meanwhile, what do the Tories REALLY have on offer for the long-term future? For the upcoming 30 to 50 years? Indeed, not much.

I agree on one thing with the Tories: You can not spend money if you don't have it. But I completely disagree with them HOW it should be spend otherwise.

Cutting down costs on many branches of the UK government? Perhaps. Even Health Care. But NOT THE FUTURE OF ECONOMY: Which is EDUCATION. What the Tories did in the past years is nothing short of a destructive force, in which they enlarged the class-divide in terms of education.

Although it's not going to happen, a coalition government of Labour-SNP-LD should have a more realistic approach then just a one-party government. I'm glad the days are over that either Labour or Tories could rule those......Brittanic Waves. They now need to struck deals!

Always better than facilitating xenophobia :-). Let the dirty xenophobic UKIP do its campaign banter for the Tories for free. Her Majesty's new lap dog no :-)?
    No, I do not support UKIP either and I highly doubt the Tories would side with UKIP. I really don't know what you mean by the Her Majesty's new lap dog comment.

Somehow I think the Tories will win. Especially if there's a possibility of a Labour alliance with the SNP.
    In my humble opinion, all politicians will promise you everything, then screw
    You over. They're all " snake oil" salesmen. :(
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited April 2015 Posts: 9,117

Let the dirty xenophobic UKIP

So I presume you also consider Australia to be a dirty, xenophobic country for all UKIP have done is propose the same points based immigration system that is implemented down under?
    The Ukipophobia has spread abroad, it seems.
    To be honest, they do have some particularly bad members who don't know about PR control and have said things that have harmed their party - though most of these members are quickly kicked out as UKIP don't want to be seen as the xenophobic/racist party they've been painted as in the past.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 12,837
    It doesn't help that some of their supporters (not all, but some) are genuinely racist too.

Anyway I'm not voting for UKIP. They're led by a Thatcherite who wants to scrap race relation laws and then they also want to scrap maternity leave, scrap minimum wage for apprentices, privatize the NHS, etc. I dunno who I'm gonna vote for but it's certainly not gonna be them.
    Reintroduce slavery for anyone without a knighthood! ( Blackadder 3) ;)
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Isn't there a proper conservative leadership in GB?
    Cameron strikes me as way too liberal. :-??
    In my humble opinion, all politicians will promise you everything, then screw
    You over. They're all " snake oil" salesmen. :(
    This is most often the case. The less of them the better.
    So hard to find good sensible, small gov, low tax leadership, with an appreciation for market driven economies.
    Conservatives in the UK have often been far more liberal than elsewhere and often more statist. I don't like Cameron, but at least he's more modern than many in his party.
    I think all politicians know that they can't deliver everything they promise, the parties that have no chance of winning can promise whatever the hell they like, knowing that there's no chance that they'll have to act.

Before last years election, the Lib Dems thought they could promise a lot without having to deliver... until the election when neither Labour nor the Conservatives (Tories) got a majority and they sided with the Tories to form a coalition. Suddenly they found themselves in a position where they had to act on their promises and they couldn't.

It made Nick Clegg and his party look bad -

For example: they promised that they wouldn't allow tuition fees - We got tuition fees up to £3000. They then promised that they would stop any further raises in tuition fees - tuition fees raised to £9000.

Now it looks highly likely that whichever of the two major parties get the most votes, they won't get enough for an outright government - the minor parties are having to look hard at their policies to see which they can deliver if they get the chance to go into coalition with which ever party.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Scary image I saw on Twitter:-

CDXdFqiW8AEutJk.jpg
    I watched some of the party leader debate on ITV, via BBC World. Not impressed by anyone, but the biggest twats regarding to Thunderfinger were Miliband and Clegg.