Everyday Drinking

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Today I picked up a bottle of wine that had a familiar name. I hope it doesn't kill me!

FullSizeRender_zpsc0972301.jpg

Isnt that what Partridge ordered when dining with Tony Hayers?

Ha ha
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    A good Glen Keith, Old Pulteney, Glendronach 15yo, Talisker 18yo or a nice mature rum with a sherry cask finish...
    Today I picked up a bottle of wine that had a familiar name. I hope it doesn't kill me!

FullSizeRender_zpsc0972301.jpg

:)) Superb!
  • DrunkIrishPoetDrunkIrishPoet The Amber Coast
    Right now - 100 Anos reposado. Good but not great. Make s a fine margarita, anyway!
  • I've been on a steady diet of highballs. Ginger ail and whiskey, half and half. Great everyday drink!
  • Keep it simple folks, I like to get out of my skull on a crate of Stella
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm not a great drinker, and I have a sweet tooth, so my drinks aren't
    Very Macho.
    Tia Maria with coke ( sometimes add some vodka) and some Baileys. :)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Keep it simple folks, I like to get out of my skull on a crate of Stella
    Instant-headache-beer you mean? ;-)

Absolutely, but worth it
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Keep it simple folks, I like to get out of my skull on a crate of Stella
    Absolutely, but worth it

I seldomly drink these days, but have a few Heinekens tonight. Cheers!
    Absolutely, but worth it

I seldomly drink these days, but have a few Heinekens tonight. Cheers!
    Bottoms up!!
    Not a member of the Bottoms Up Club, sadly.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Not a member of the Bottoms Up Club, sadly.

Well you can't have it all, I guess. Had some lovely wine tonight. A chilian Pinot Noir. excellent, really excellent.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    d91188c3-ad8d-4a37-bebc-da4d0ba48665.jpg?t=1420871657
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2015 Posts: 12,459
    Just found Sir Roger's dry martini recipe. So I thought I'd share it here.

from: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/17/how-make-dry-martini-roger-moore-way-james-bond?CMP=share_btn_tw

Dry Martini (gin, not vodka) -

Sir Roger says:

The sad fact is that I know exactly how to make a dry martini but I can’t drink them because, two years ago, I discovered I was diabetic. I prefer one with gin, but James Bond liked a vodka martini, “shaken not stirred” – which I never said, by the way. That was Sean Connery, remember him?

The worst martini I’ve ever had was in a club in New Zealand, where the barman poured juice from a bottle of olives into the vodka. That’s called a dirty martini and it is a dirty, filthy, rotten martini, and should not be drunk by anybody except condemned prisoners.

My dry martinis taste amazing and the day they tell me I’ve got 24 hours to live I am going to have six. Here’s how I make them:

1. For a gin martini, use Tanqueray – it’s a soft gin and the best. Put an eggcup measure of Noilly Prat dry vermouth into a V-shaped martini glass and swirl it around to flavour the glass. Then tip the Noilly Prat into the cocktail shaker, swirl it around and throw away what’s left.

2. Put a couple of ice cubes into the shaker and add your measure of gin. Ideally, there should be a quarter of an inch of space between the top of the liquid and the top of the glass. If it is up to the rim, it could spill.

3. Give the cocktail mixer a little shake – don’t exhaust yourself – and then put it in the freezer.

4. Cut a slice of lemon and wipe the rim of the glass with the yellow zest (not the white pith), and put the glass in the freezer.

5. Half an hour later you are ready to pour. A proper cocktail shaker has a strainer so the ice cubes remain in it. Funnily enough, the silver shaker we use at our home in Monaco has 007 on it.

6. Serve with three little olives on a toothpick dunked in the drink. That way, if I happen to be with you, I can eat one of the olives and enjoy just the suspicion of a dry martini.

I'd love to join you, Sir Roger Moore! Cheers!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Here's something I have on occasion. This is for those who like something sweet with a medium kick.

I start with a little bit of this. Evan Williams Cherry Reserve. Best tasting cherry flavored drink I've come across.
    evan_williams_cherry_res_nv_750.jpg

A little bit of Jose Cuervo Gold.
    jose-cuervo-gold.jpg

Mix together and top it off with cranberry juice and you got yourself a sweet little cocktail fit for all seasons.
    @4Ever send it straight to the FB page of my fav. cocktail bar..

@Murdock sounds grand!

And to top it off, @CatchingBullets posted this challange upon his FB:
    http://www.belvederevodka.com/en-int/thechallenge
  • sunsanvilsunsanvil Somewhere in Canada....somewhere.
    I used to be fond of a wide variety of beers, but they did not agree with my waistline. Now its mainly a glass of red on weekends, or Bacardi and Coke on very special occasions.

I once had a Martini...because, you know, Bond and all. I'm man enough to admit....I hated it.
    I scored one of these on my birthday on the 15th

201108290420534e5b761535035.jpg
    Good stuff.
    sunsanvil wrote: »
    I once had a Martini...because, you know, Bond and all. I'm man enough to admit....I hated it.
    I tried my first one for the same reason- and while I didn't hate it, the gin version is definitely better. And as gool ol Rog said above, the 'dirty' ones are gross.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I like the classic Vesper from CR.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I see they've knocked a penny off a pint in the budget! Kept the
    Wine duty the same.
    Now, I'm not recommending this in the least, but this is my evening. Definitely not a great bourbon, but you can do worse for $10...

S__3AA8_zps7tehazaj.jpg
    I bought myself some local beer and pear ciders today as I am home alone. Expect my posts will be real offensive later today. Cheers.
    I am back. Sorry I passed out.
    No worries, as long as the pear's still in shape...
  • 12323221585_6839e0d5dc_h.jpg
    not much of an ale drinker but i have become quite fond of this.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited April 2015 Posts: 1,727
    Ugh, The Glenlivet is such an uninspiring Scotch to me. Another case of good marketing over substance in the single-malt market.
    See Glenfiddich, Glen Grant and the new Macallan bottlings for more of the same...
    I'll stick to my Tormore.