SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    No, the Festival is during the summer, July I believe.

@Matt007 and @SkyfallCraig. The festival is held from October 31st to November 2nd every year
    baWiqxz.jpg[/quote]
    She look like Jennifer Lopez

• edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    RC7 wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »
    I don't see any problems with Bond films nodding to their predecessors - there's over 50 years of history, I'm all for the films paying respect to the past.

We totally disagree on this point, then. It's a modern fad that has forced its way into popular culture over the past twenty years to guarantee bums on seats and cash at the expense of creativity (See - Millenium Falcon).

I think the discrepancy is between short term and long term.
    To make it brief : how will you pay respect to SF in 20 years ?

The DB5 was made huge thanks to GF. Then they used it again for the PTS in TB very shortly, and that was it for a long time. Mr Gadget Bond himself, Sir Roger Moore, never drove it. Oh, sorry, he drove it in a spoof... Then it made a comeback with Pierce Brosnan. There it was "used" to strengthen the Bond aspect they were starting to twist a lot in GE. Bond was now out of place in this world, M was telling him he was a dinosaur, but don't worry, Mr Audience, this is indeed James Bond, and not your average blockbuster hero : he has a DB5 and drinks martini (but well, this is not a spoof). In GE, it worked quite nice though, because the DB5 was used as a setup of the new Bond (with no gadgets, even though Brosnan Bond ended up being Mr Gadget Bond Jr).

In CR, the DB5 appearance worked even better, IMO, thanks to the reboot aspect. The way he gets it is part of the trend to deconstruct popular icons (remember the Martini line), but it works : Bond does not use it in a GF way, but he uses it in a Bondian way, to get the lady with some humor and incredible confidence. While in SF, IMO, it's used as a kind of safety net for the storyteller. I've written several times than SF's story looks a lot like fan fiction, many people here tell this is a strong negative comment, but I stand by my claim : the appearance of the DB5 is one part of this aspect.

So, yes, in my opinion, the director of Absolom 2022 and of Green Lantern actually handled the DB5 better than the Academy Award winning director of American Beauty :)

As for SPECTRE, we cannot yet discuss the leaks in the open, but I can tell you the amount of data that is available about the past screenplays will be a source of many, many interesting threads in one year or so. For this movie, we could witness the evolution of the direction of the script over some months... And the way they evolved in the way they used the past is a big deal in all the changes.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2015 Posts: 8,087
    'I've written several times that SF's story looks a lot like fan fiction...'

I've heard this from lots of people, what do you mean?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    If true, it's a lot better than the fan fiction, I've had a go at ! :))
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,512
    In CR, the DB5 appearance worked even better, IMO, thanks to the reboot aspect. The way he gets it is part of the trend to deconstruct popular icons (remember the Martini line), but it works : Bond does not use it in a GF way, but he uses it in a Bondian way, to get the lady with some humor and incredible confidence. While in SF, IMO, it's used as a kind of safety net for the storyteller. I've written several times than SF's story looks a lot like fan fiction, many people here tell this is a strong negative comment, but I stand by my claim : the appearance of the DB5 is one part of this aspect.

So, yes, in my opinion, the director of Absolom 2022 and of Green Lantern actually handled the DB5 better than the Academy Award winning director of American Beauty :)

Naturally I agree with you. It's executed far better in CR. This taps into my statement that many have queried about them 'losing their balls'. I just feel like they panicked somewhat after the relative critical failure of QoS, so next time out we got Q and MP thrown back into the mix in one fell swoop, we get incongruous comedy moments reinstated, Moore era one liners dotted about the place, the DB5 complete with gadgets... That's quite the checklist. I reckon SF would work fine if you removed every one of them, bar Q, whose intro I particularly liked. It's a matter of taste, I guess. I was quite keen for them to run with the stripped back template of CR/QoS, which still had moments of humour and style and action, without resorting too much to type, but I know others really wanted to see MP, Q, Gadgets, wise-cracking etc and Mendes did too.
    chipsticks wrote: »

Mes tercero del año y en el Centro de la Ciudad de México, calaveras monumentales toman un descanso. Pronto las verán en la nueva película (con patrocinio económico mexicano) del 007. #007 #JamesBond #CensuraPresidencial #MéxicoInvierteEnReescribirLaHistoria 25min

10955300_1604295256452256_62218630_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/943821449823805554_546907327

Think this dude is my favourite thus far.
    Agent7F wrote: »
    baWiqxz.jpg
    She look like Jennifer Lopez

[/quote]

Hopefully with more talent and a smaller bum!
    Does my bum look big in this ? :D
    Will we maybe see the production videoblog from Rome today?
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    It would be amazing. But no clues about it for now
    RC7 and Mendes: Like I wrote, they have said FROM THE F***ING beginning, that they would bring back some of the old. What's so difficult to understand and why ignore facts just to underline your opinions? And no, I won't be able to find all the interviews, where I heard them say it. You just have to take my word and I am sure, others have heard it. too.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    'I've written several times that SF's story looks a lot like fan fiction...' I've heard this from lots of people, what do you mean?

Well here is not really the topic to discuss it "again", I talked about it about the DB5 appearance in Mendes movies... - But lots of people may be right then, who knows ? :)
    I just feel like they panicked somewhat after the relative critical failure of QoS, so next time out we got (...)

When in one year we can discuss the various screenplays of SPECTRE, we'll have more than "feelings" to discuss about what happened backstage :)
    Germanlady wrote: »
    And no, I won't be able to find all the interviews, where I heard them say it. You just have to take my word and I am sure, others have heard it. too.

.. and now we know things they said amongst them, so we can see more than interviews ;) Believe me, when we can discuss the "SPECTRE Movie that wasn't made thanks to someone who said No", there will be some heat here !

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2015 Posts: 8,087

Naturally I agree with you. It's executed far better in CR. This taps into my statement that many have queried about them 'losing their balls'. I just feel like they panicked somewhat after the relative critical failure of QoS, so next time out we got Q and MP thrown back into the mix in one fell swoop, we get incongruous comedy moments reinstated, Moore era one liners dotted about the place, the DB5 complete with gadgets... That's quite the checklist. I reckon SF would work fine if you removed every one of them, bar Q, whose intro I particularly liked. It's a matter of taste, I guess. I was quite keen for them to run with the stripped back template of CR/QoS, which still had moments of humour and style and action, without resorting too much to type, but I know others really wanted to see MP, Q, Gadgets, wise-cracking etc and Mendes did too.
    chipsticks wrote: »

Mes tercero del año y en el Centro de la Ciudad de México, calaveras monumentales toman un descanso. Pronto las verán en la nueva película (con patrocinio económico mexicano) del 007. #007 #JamesBond #CensuraPresidencial #MéxicoInvierteEnReescribirLaHistoria 25min

10955300_1604295256452256_62218630_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/943821449823805554_546907327

Think this dude is my favourite thus far.

I don't agree that reintroducing the team, gadgets etc was a decision made in the four years after QoS, as a 'safety net' as you say. Go back and watch the interviews after CR, Daniel himself states that their intention isn't to leave those elements behind but to start from the beginning, with bond himself.

You can question the creative decision to incorporate series hallmarks into the DC films (even i think that Moneypenny being introduced by shooting Bond off a train is ridiculous) but I don't think it's accurate to say that it wasn't planned on down the line, and just a knee-jerk reaction to QoS.
    3:-O
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,512
    RC7 and Mendes: Like I wrote, they have said FROM THE F***ING beginning, that they would bring back some of the old. What's so difficult to understand and why ignore facts just to underline your opinions? And no, I won't be able to find all the interviews, where I heard them say it. You just have to take my word and I am sure, others have heard it. too.

I'm not ignoring the facts. I know they said this. My point is that I would've hoped for them to persist a little longer with the CR/QoS model, as I said maybe dropping in Q for SF and very little else, being measured about it. I just felt they put in a lot, it felt reactionary. I don't know why you're getting so uptight. It's just a point of view. I don't think it's a stretch to conisder QoS had a bearing on where SF went.
    I don't agree that reintroducing the team, gadgets etc was a decision made in the four years after QoS, as a 'safety net' as you say. Go back and watch the interviews after CR, Daniel himself states that their intention isn't to leave those elements behind but to start from the beginning, with bond himself.

You can question the creative decision to incorporate series hallmarks into the DC films (even i think that Moneypenny being introduced by shooting Bond off a train is ridiculous) but I don't think it's accurate to say that it wasn't planned on down the line, and just a knee-jerk reaction to QoS.

See above. These elements weren't exactly drip-fed, quite a lot were dropped in for SF. I know their intention was to bring elements back to the series, I just thought they'd do it in a more measured way. A lot of stuff wasn't even needed.
    I just feel like they panicked somewhat after the relative critical failure of QoS, so next time out we got (...)

When in one year we can discuss the various screenplays of SPECTRE, we'll have more than "feelings" to discuss about what happened backstage :)
    And no, I won't be able to find all the interviews, where I heard them say it. You just have to take my word and I am sure, others have heard it. too.

.. and now we know things they said amongst them, so we can see more than interviews ;) Believe me, when we can discuss the "SPECTRE Movie that wasn't made thanks to someone who said No", there will be some heat here !

Can't wait!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    There's a lot of tension on here right now. I will politely ask that the discussion remain on topic please, and everyone relax a little.
  • Here here. This is a thread for production of Spectre!
    A Businessman/Director/Producer/Singer/Writer named Enrique Ford has poster this on his twitter account:

On my way to Mexico City. I will start tomorrow with the action scenes of #Spectre 007 in this awesome city.
    NicNac wrote: »
    There's a lot of tension on here right now. I will politely ask that the discussion remain on topic please, and everyone relax a little.
    Thank you, hopefully this will get things back on topic.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 117

Beautifully put.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    True doubleoego. Connery will always be the best.
    NicNac wrote: »

Not only that. One can have a good discussion in a well-spirited manner, without sounding negative (deliberately or not deliberately). What frustrates me most lately, is that in various discussions on here only the bad things, the things that are supposedly going wrong, are being discussed. But then they are without a nuanced reflection on the things that are actually going well. Not only that, I am still quite baffled that once someone disagrees with someone or something, he/she solely disagrees and nothing more. There's no alternative offered in his/her set of arguments in a nuanced, well-spirited discussion, that can truly make you think on how it should be done instead. I know that we are not professionals working for EON. But IF there are certain EON-scouts reading these forums, then it wouldn't hurt to come up with great ideas yourself. It is one of the reasons I initiate/open new topics that are full of new ideas or positive creative solutions towards a bad creative decision. And I think that positive spirit also helps evolving creativity in the broadest sense.

If we can take the above into account a bit more often, then I'm sure the atmosphere in here will evoke a bit more positivity. Like Michael Wilson said yesterday during the press conference in Mexico-City: "We are here to make entertainment. We are strictly entertainment people". I kind of agree with that. The discussions on here are about movies, entertainment and about our common hobby: Agent 007. One turtle-neck more, or one DB5 more, doesn't destroy the world.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Once again, I gathered all the photos together in one place. Photos from Twitter, Instagram, news agency, newspapers, etc.

SPECTRE - Mexico (Set Preparations)
    http://imgur.com/a/y0k27
  • Videoblog today?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I really don't understand how you all can babble on about basically nothing for so long, this is a production thread. :-@
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    11018532_877906385581152_1469036574_n.jpg
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Let the mayhem begin...

Reharsing in Zócalo, Mexico City.

f4WDscS.png

mTPD91u.jpg

63W5Zcj.jpg
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Thanks for the pics @marketto007 :-D
    Absolutely Thanks for the pictures, fantastic stuff, and shows how much work,
    Planning and organisation, it takes to get Bond on screen. =D>