The Countdown Thread

edited October 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 4,619
Bond 23 will open in 366 days (2012 is a leap year).

12 days until filming starts!

Comments

• Alas for us poor deprived Americans, we have to wait two weeks longer than our British "cousins". I hate to say it, but I will definitely have to leave the board for those two weeks because I don't want to read any spoilers or opinions from those who have seen it that will influence my opinion of the film.

• Two weeks will be nothing compared to all the talk that's been going on for the last two months or so, i.e. the time will soon pass, and if it has to be another fortnight then it's no big deal, besides we've already waited three years since the last episode so another year won't be too bad, suppose if the last 007 adventure was License to Kill then we'd have to wait another three years, or 36 months if you will for the next Bond to arrive in theaters :O

More to the point, Dalton, essentially, would still be 007
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Ah, the countdown thread! I thought someone would start it as they always seem to be popular, well they were on the old forums, not too sure now.

T-Minus 12 months and counting! :-D
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 161

By the way: Does anybody know when Bond 23 will be released in the rest of Europe? My guess it will be in between the UK/Ireland and US date, hopefully closer to the UK date.

edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350

By the way: Does anybody know when Bond 23 will be released in the rest of Europe? My guess it will be in between the UK/Ireland and US date, hopefully closer to the UK date.

Going by Quantum Of Solace that would be correct and sounds about right anyway.

The dates should be confirmed around the middle to late of next year.
    Alas for us poor deprived Americans, we have to wait two weeks longer than our British "cousins". I hate to say it, but I will definitely have to leave the board for those two weeks because I don't want to read any spoilers or opinions from those who have seen it that will influence my opinion of the film.

Actually if it is to be a 50th anniversary film... You should be waiting 8 months.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i picture the bald guy from DAF saying that.. lol
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    i picture the bald guy from DAF saying that.. lol
    Or the computer from Tomorrow Never Dies.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    How long now? ;-)
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    A year is so far away! Then again, it will be here before we know it. :)
    Police Box Me...NOW!!!!!
  • Police Box - Time and Relative Distance in Space (TARDIS)

That could of worked for the next Bond movie IF they had done a sort of Moonraker scenario, it's slightly more interesting than plain 'ol Skyfall you have to say
    307 days. :bz
    On Boxing Day, it'll be T-Minus 10 months and counting!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    what is T-Minus? lol (Brazilian here, idk almost nothing about the American/British Culture LoL)
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,350
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    what is T-Minus? lol (Brazilian here, idk almost nothing about the American/British Culture LoL)

I'm just taking off the countdown computer from the end of Tomorrow Never Dies.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited December 2011 Posts: 7,854
    I assume "T" stands for take off. (Mean no offense, X3MSonicX, but I had no clue you were from Brazil. Nothing about any of your posts gives it away. Actually, before this information came, and again, no offense, I just thought you were another illiterate internet junkie. But, again, no offense.)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Samuel001 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Ohh.. Got it :) never noticed that computer was called T-Minus.

I assume "T" stands for take off. (Mean no offense, X3MSonicX, but I had no clue you were from Brazil. Nothing about any of your posts gives it away. Actually, before this information came, and again, no offense, I just thought you were another illiterate internet junkie. But, again, no offense.)

LoL, no problem, agent. :)
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

It wasn't. As it counts down to zero it says "T-Minus 5 minutes and counting" or "T-Minus 10 seconds and counting" for example.

Listen out for that next time you watch the film.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

It wasn't. As it counts down to zero it says "T-Minus 5 minutes and counting" or "T-Minus 10 seconds and counting" for example.

Listen out for that next time you watch the film.

Oh. Ok, i'll do it :)

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It's actually pretty easy to hear. I'm surprised you haven't heard it yet.
    It's actually pretty easy to hear. I'm surprised you haven't heard it yet.

There's been a long time since i saw TND lol, and i saw it in Portuguese, because i saw on TV. But i plan to see it soon, with Legends.
    Ah. The Portuguese dubbers any good?
    Ah. The Portuguese dubbers any good?

Am.. lol yes, they did it good. Although the Brosnan's dubber on TND is different from GE, TWINE and DAD. but he did fine, and it stills good. Just as the movie :)
    175 days left! :bz About 3 weeks until the teaser trailer! :bz
    Holler!!!! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas Break.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Disappointing thread.

Not a single mention of Richard Whiteley.
    Disappointing thread.

countdown-richard-whiteley-20090306114405_412x232.jpg
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Carol Vorderman- "I'd certainly like to have it off with her!"
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Disappointing thread.

countdown-richard-whiteley-20090306114405_412x232.jpg

Thank you sir.

Just in passing I always thought old Richard was a bog average presenter who just got lucky but I watched it the other day with that guy off the apprentice and it was just shite.

Even living legend Stelling never looked as relaxed and smooth as old RW. Perhaps in his youth a possibility for a Rog style Bond?

Here he is in 1983 for the first episode. Stick some contact lenses in and I reckon we at least have a better option than James Brolin for OP.