Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    terminatorgenisysposter_large_zpsef09bh2i.jpg
    Ungh. I wasn't exactly excited about this in the first place, sounded bad to begin with. Watched one trailer, and it looked like absolutely useless crap. Guess I'll check out the movie some day when it's on tv or something, and I can't think of anything better to do. If that. Geez. Apparently a 3D CGI extravaganza with... well, nothing else, as far as I can see.

I liked the 1st, looooved the 2nd, hated the 3rd, liked the 4th (I still wish someone decent had been in charge of that one instead of McG, there was potential for better, and I would have wanted to see that story continue as well.) The 5th looks to be much worse even than the 3rd, which is just criminal. Bloody hell, Hollywood.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Ehhhhhhnn, Okay, I'll see it, it *might* be good. It really CAN'T be worse than 3.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    If (when) GENISYS is better than t3 & salvation, thats enough for me.
    Appears I am not the only one with concerns on this film? They should have left Arnie out of it to be honest.
  • http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/arnold-schwarzenegger-says-hell-be-back-for-the-next-terminator-sequel-190

terminator-genisys-header-arnie.jpg

Arnold says he'll be back for Genisys sequel.
    Kinda spoilery that Arnold would say that. It practically guarantees his 'guardian Terminator' will survive the entire Genisys movie (a first for the series, actually).

I only say that because there's no way they'd come up with another ​reason for old Arnold to be back as a different T-800 (at least I hope not). The inclusion of him in this one was clever with the whole 'living tissue ages but the machine doesn't' angle, but they shouldn't push it.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2015 Posts: 4,043
    This is the perfect example of a franchise that will never be able to get away from the shadow of it's biggest star.

Isn't it time the franchise moved on and put the Austrian Oak out to pasture?
    I'm not even sure this is going to do the business anyway, in one of the most crowded summers in recent memory there are going to be casualties and I think this is definitely one that has a big ? hanging over it. Especially with it's BTTTF 2 style of messing with the original film, JJ got away with it in Star Trek but I'm not sure Terminator fans are going to be so forgiving, I personally smell either a flop or an underwhelming take from this.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 5,767
    Kinda spoilery that Arnold would say that. It practically guarantees his 'guardian Terminator' will survive the entire Genisys movie (a first for the series, actually).

I only say that because there's no way they'd come up with another ​reason for old Arnold to be back as a different T-800 (at least I hope not). The inclusion of him in this one was clever with the whole 'living tissue ages but the machine doesn't' angle, but they shouldn't push it.
    Whaddya mean? They´ve been pushing it massively since T2 :-)).

But seriously, after having Arnold in T3 and T4, and now this one, they can put him in any future (bad pun I know) outings in any way they want.
    I would prefer an alternate timeline, in which Cameron´s original directive, that Terminators are infiltration units and therefore not looking all like Arnold, is kept to. But maybe they´ll do that in the 5th re-boot?
    Well this as far as I am concerned reinforces my belief that they should have continued the Bale/John Connor story, and not gone and made a mockery of what has gone before.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I have no hope for T5, I'm only going to watch it because I want to enjoy Arnold being a badass while he still can!
    I will not watch it at the cinema.
    I'm there.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well this as far as I am concerned reinforces my belief that they should have continued the Bale/John Connor story, and not gone and made a mockery of what has gone before.
    This.

Absolutely. There was a lot more that could have been done with that story, continuing on. They should have put someone better in charge in the first place (sometimes I really wonder how some people get the jobs they do... A much loved franchise, huge potential, tons of money... and they give the responsibility to McG???), but they also could have gotten someone better after that and improve from there. Oh well, bye bye, Terminator.

• They could easily have kept the film as is, and cast Bale as Connor, and Yelchin as Reese. Everything else could have been the same but it would have appealed to both sides of the coin
    They could easily have kept the film as is, and cast Bale as Connor, and Yelchin as Reese. Everything else could have been the same but it would have appealed to both sides of the coin

Oh, casting was fine as it was.

• edited February 2015 Posts: 4,813
    http://io9.com/rumor-naked-arnie-will-look-like-a-ken-doll-in-termi-1688052033

Rumor: Naked Arnie Will "Look Like A Ken Doll" In Terminator Genisys

I REALLY hope this isn't true. You can literally see his shlong flopping around in the first movie, and in T2 the women are clearly looking down at him and seem impressed at what they see. Not to mention T3 when Arnold shows up at ladies night and the crowd goes wild.

The whole point of the infiltrator units is to look human in every way!! As Reese said in the first movie, 'sweat, bad breath-- EVERYTHING'. Oh but NO PENIS. That would be inappropriate and offend some people. :-?? 8-}

The article does admit it's a rumor so I'm not too worried yet. Plus I HIGHLY doubt a macho guy like Arnold would ever approve a scenario where he doesn't have his big ol' Austrian Oak.
    boldfinger wrote: »

Whaddya mean? They´ve been pushing it massively since T2 :-)).

But seriously, after having Arnold in T3 and T4, and now this one, they can put him in any future (bad pun I know) outings in any way they want.
    True but this is the first time they're actually acknowledged Arnold's age and integrated it into the story. What I meant was that I doubt they'd do it again, hence 'Pops' will probably survive Genisys.
    It will certainly be a dvd viewing for sure now then! :))
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,813
    It will certainly be a dvd viewing for sure now then! :))
    Ah, I'm sure I'll see it because I'm a huge sucker. I don't have the highest hopes for the movie but it does have the potential to be good fun.
    I like the aspect of the time travel interacting with previous time travel (like BTTF Part II) and they managed to come up with a reasonable excuse to use Arnold again despite his age, what with the whole 'living tissue over metal endoskeleton'- I'm totally forgiving of that because it actually checks out with stuff we learned in the very first movie. In fact, I like this even better than the route they chose with T3: where Arnold is noticeably older but they decided to just ignore it.
    And regarding Time Travel again, this one will show the most out of any Terminator movie-- we will see without a doubt the most different times visited (2029, 1970's, 1984 overlap, and rumored 2017) and most importantly we will see the TIME DISPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT. We'll finally see what they had to go through for Reese to get sent back. If we're lucky, we might even see them reprogram the T-800 that ends up in T2 Judgment Day. They better not ruin it....

The only thing really rubbing me the wrong way is that stupid 'Ken Doll' rumor. Let's hope it's just that. A RUMOR.
    The only thing really rubbing me the wrong way is that stupid 'Ken Doll' rumor. Let's hope it's just that. A RUMOR.
    That's just bs.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Arnold appeared on the podium of the Formula 1 race this morning to interview the winning drivers! :-c
    Photo of the fight from Terminator Genesys

;)

daily-morning-awesomeness-40-photos-115.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Dutch Poster (9 Juli)

2j3mazb.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nice poster!
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Dutch Poster (9 Juli)

2j3mazb.jpg

Different, but I do like it!
    Some new pics:

KF5usfh.jpg
    DVUzfYZ.jpg
    y7cEnyp.jpg
    Q4YxT4W.jpg
    tlvRbe6.jpg
    TxgLNY7.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Third pic, I can easily see that Terminator saying "Get... Out..."
    The whole grey hair thing with Arnie is really bugging me for some odd reason? :-?
    The film makers should stop releasing images from the film, as this is looking progressively worse. Hope it falls into the its so bad its good category, as this really looks like a dud.
    Looks pretty cool to me.