Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

RUMOR: Ben Affleck's 'Batman' To Appear In SUICIDE SQUAD To Set Up Solo Movie
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113944

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Hrm... Is Bats gonna be the Nick Fury of the DC Cinematic Universe? I thought that role would have worked very well for Amanda Waller.
    This news just really makes me lose hope in the DC universe

Batman vs joker again really seriously sigh
    Scoot McNairy Talks Cryptically About His BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Role
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113998
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    There's some rumors floating around Internet-Land that suggest he's Jimmy Olsen.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    There's some rumors floating around Internet-Land that suggest he's Jimmy Olsen.
    If I recall correctly, Man of Steel already introduced a female Olsen character. Unless that was his sister or something...
    If I recall correctly, Man of Steel already introduced a female Olsen character. Unless that was his sister or something...

Her name was different on her name tag, from what I hear. The one time I watched the film, I didn't actually take the time to look.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think it would be best to ignore that Man of Steel ever existed. :p
    RUMOR: Gary Sinise In Talks To Play 'General Eiling' In SUICIDE SQUAD
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=114052

General Zod To Become Doomsday In BATMAN v SUPERMAN?
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/news/?a=114133
    I'm conflicted on this.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    When suits make decisions....
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yeah...my enthusiasm for this movie just took a nosedive into a volcano.
    image.png
    DC... Why are you making such decisions? You take the best Batman trilogy in history and throw it away. You take Superman and completely rip him to shreds with a boring movie and a painful cast (aside from Cavill and Shannon and Crowe). You make a sequel to this film and decide Batman needs to be added into a situation that he probably shouldn't be in. You make two wonderful shows with great casts, but you deny them their chance at box office success by relegating them to TV. You make a slower-than-molasses paced Batman show with no Batman in it.

This is why I stick to the DCAU. It was DC comics done correctly in another medium. And we'll never have another like it.
    DC... Why are you making such decisions? You take the best Batman trilogy in history and throw it away. You take Superman and completely rip him to shreds with a boring movie and a painful cast (aside from Cavill and Shannon and Crowe). You make a sequel to this film and decide Batman needs to be added into a situation that he probably shouldn't be in. You make two wonderful shows with great casts, but you deny them their chance at box office success by relegating them to TV. You make a slower-than-molasses paced Batman show with no Batman in it.

This is why I stick to the DCAU. It was DC comics done correctly in another medium. And we'll never have another like it.

I completely agree.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2015 Posts: 28,694
    How about we save the overly dramatic "the world is ending" act for when this actually has a chance of being even 2% true...at all. Okay? Okay.

giphy.gif
  • The worst thing about doing Batman vs The Joker again is that it was done so brilliantly in The Dark Knight. The last thing DC should want to do is invite comparisons because there's no way that they're going to top that film or the dynamic between Bale's Batman and Ledger's Joker.

@Agent007391 Exactly. I really don't understand their thinking on this. They already have an established version of Flash in a popular TV show (I haven't seen it but it's meant to be good). He's already got a fanbase and they wouldn't need to waste as much time introducing him since he's already established but instead they've decided the films will have no connection to the TV show. Why? That just makes the whole thing confusing and it's pointless because the new one might end up being shit, which will lead to everyone saying the TV one is better, and they'll have to waste more time establishing the character.

Completely abandoning The Dark Knight trilogy was also a really stupid move imo. They're critically acclaimed, massively successful films. They're still regarded by myself and many others as the best superhero films ever made. I don't think anything DC or Marvel has made has come close to matching these films. So why abandon them? Bruce Wayne's story was done (although I wish they'd have had the balls to kill him off at the end of the last one, would have made a much better ending imo) but why not bring back Joseph Gordon Levitt? Or maybe he dies so Christian Bale returns to Gotham? Idk. There's loads of different ways they could have continued on from that and I'd be much more interested in the new film, and I'd have more faith in it, if it was a sequel to the Dark Knight trilogy.

Also I don't think that it would ruin Nolan's trilogy like some fans make out. Nolan's trilogy would still exist, this would be a new story set in that universe. It's like saying Alien 3 and 4 ruin the first two. The first two still exist and are still brilliant, the sequels don't change that at all and it would be the same with more Dark Knight films, good or bad.
    @Agent007391 Exactly. I really don't understand their thinking on this. They already have an established version of Flash in a popular TV show (I haven't seen it but it's meant to be good). He's already got a fanbase and they wouldn't need to waste as much time introducing him since he's already established but instead they've decided the films will have no connection to the TV show. Why? That just makes the whole thing confusing and it's pointless because the new one might end up being shit, which will lead to everyone saying the TV one is better, and they'll have to waste more time establishing the character.

Or, even worse, the failure of the film version of the Flash leads DC to believe that people don't want to see the Flash, leading to the cancellation of the TV series.

Or, even worse, the failure of the film version of the Flash leads DC to believe that people don't want to see the Flash, leading to the cancellation of the TV series.

I hope they are not so dumb.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    Henry should be BOND not SUPERMAN.
    Tyrese Gibson 'Commits' To GREEN LANTERN Lobbying; Calls Out Fan-Favorite Contender Idris Elba
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=114185
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    RUMOR: Gary Sinise In Talks To Play 'General Eiling' In SUICIDE SQUAD
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=114052
    Would be a good casting choice, rate him as a actor. Thought he played a good villain in Snakes Eyes. I suspect Captain Atom and Major Force won't be far behind, quite excited about Suicide Squad.

Dalton12 wrote: »
    Tyrese Gibson 'Commits' To GREEN LANTERN Lobbying; Calls Out Fan-Favorite Contender Idris Elba
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=114185

Idris Elba would be the ideal John Stewart Green Lantern. I think I'd wet myself if he was announced, actually.

I still wish we had Jamie Alexander as our Wonder Woman, but oh well. I'm hoping the future casting decisions of the rest of the hero line-up are much stronger than they've been, as I still don't see the potential in Gal Gadot. At least not as Diana.
    Does Warner Bros. have a movie featuring The Legion of Superheroes in the pipeline?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/DC-May-Give-Superheroes-Their-Own-Movie-Soon-69589.html
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That would be really cool, but I somehow doubt Superboy will be a part of it, unless they wait until the next decade.
    Gentlemen, I give you our new Aquaman!

B-RAWTjCcAAF81b.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/20/8074111/first-image-of-jason-momoa-aquaman-movie

The design and appearance of the character and his outfit is pretty darn close to what I was hoping for, so I'm beyond ecstatic.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Certainly badass looking!

I think Snyder could have gone more comic book accurate without being too goofy but this still looks works for me. They used tattoos to incorporate the classic scales which is cool. And of course he has the Aquaman symbol on his belt, so all in all, this will work quite nicely.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 28,694
    Certainly badass looking!

I think Snyder could have gone more comic book accurate without being too goofy but this still looks works for me. They used tattoos to incorporate the classic scales which is cool. And of course he has the Aquaman symbol on his belt, so all in all, this will work quite nicely.

I'm glad they didn't go the orange and green route. I just don't think that'd work as well for the screen or for Momoa's look. I'm happy to see that they fittingly chose to go the other way, resembling Aquaman as he appeared in the JLA cartoon. That's the most badass interpretation and look for the character I've seen, and if this Aquaman is anyting like that, I'll be extremely happy. Also, in the photo Aquaman still has both his hands, so I hope that in the solo film they're planning for him they adapt the story of how he loses his hand.
    Gentlemen, I give you our new Aquaman!

B-RAWTjCcAAF81b.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/20/8074111/first-image-of-jason-momoa-aquaman-movie

The design and appearance of the character and his outfit is pretty darn close to what I was hoping for, so I'm beyond ecstatic.

Now I do like the look of him! I had doubts of what we would get but I have to say I like what i see!
    edited February 2015 Posts: 28,694
    So, "unite the seven." It's gotta be the 7 League members, right?

Which means we've got Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg and...who's lucky number 7?

Lantern (likely)? Manhunter (not so likely)? Hawkman (very unlikely)?

If we get another Lantern, I'd love to see John Stewart on the big screen, with Idris Elba in the role. I think I read that Cyborg is meant to replace Martian Manhunter in the DCCU, which is a shame, because J'onn is one of the more interesting JLA members. I thought Benedict Cumberbatch would've been a great pick for the role, but now Marvel has nabbed him, just like they got to Jaimie Alexander first. Bummers.

I'm hoping that as the weeks go on Snyder will release images of all the major heroes in BvS with the "unite the seven" tagline. Can't wait for the Batman poster.