Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• edited January 2015 Posts: 1,778
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    Henry Cavill Talks Two-Part BATMAN v SUPERMAN And Topping THE AVENGERS
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113439

Sadly it was just a rumor. Nice to see Henry clearing the air.

Good news. I'm sick and tired and this new trend in Hollywood where every big movie has to be split up into two films. Batman vs. Superman will setup the Justice League which we know for certain will be a two part movie. Am I the only one who thinks the idea of a two part film being a set up to another two part film is alittle ridiculous? Films with grander and more epic stories have been made without splitting the movie into two. DC should just make Batman vs. Superman one 2 1/2 to 3 hour movie and utilize a little thing called pacing and judgement over what elements get used in the script and filming.
    Am I the only one who thinks the idea of a two part film being a set up to another two part film is alittle rediculous?
    In this case I thought it wasn´t the worst idea. However:
    Films with grander and more epic stories have been made without splitting the movie into two. DC should just make Batman vs. Superman one 2 1/2 to 3 hour movie and utilize a little thing called pacing and judgement over what elements get used in the script and filming.
    I can´t argue with that, you got some very strong points there, @DoubleOhhSeven.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    They probably know what they are doing. Looking forward to it regardless.
  • They probably know what they are doing. Looking forward to it regardless.

I wouldn't be so sure. Unless Nolan is directing DC films don't have the best track record.

I wouldn't be so sure. Unless Nolan is directing DC films don't have the best track record.

I am one of those Snyder fans.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I am one of those Snyder fans.

I enjoyed the Dawn of the Dead remake. I enjoyed 300. I enjoyed Watchmen. I was not a fan of Sucker Punch. I was not a fan of that owl movie. Man of Steel was not the Superman movie we deserved after we decided that Superman Returns sucked.. The truth very much is that Nolan has directed the best DC movies, and unless they hire some competent directors of his caliber (or better), DC will continue to drag behind Marvel on the cinema scene (which is ironic because DC has dominated the television screen for years).
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,813
    download.jpg
    http://www.dorkly.com/images/download.jpg

EDIT

Damn image won't show....

http://www.dorkly.com/post/71759/batman-vs-superman-revelations

I like how they drew 'New 52' Superman, but with the red briefs :)~
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That's hilarious.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Possible Production Start Date For Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE Revealed
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113570
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,107
    Tom Hardy Bails On SUICIDE SQUAD; Jake Gyllenhaal Eyed As 'Rick Flag' Replacement
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=113691

SUICIDE SQUAD Movie Probably Means No SUICIDE SQUAD TV Show
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=113741
    Hrm... Suicide Squad movie, with no cast, no anything, versus a Suicide Squad TV series set in the ArrowVerse, which already has a cast... I understand why they'd say no to it.
    Hmm... if true, then a pity about Hardy, but I'd be happy with JakeG.
  • Hrm... Suicide Squad movie, with no cast, no anything, versus a Suicide Squad TV series set in the ArrowVerse, which already has a cast... I understand why they'd say no to it.
    Full agreement here. Not to mention Ezra Miller as The Flash as well.

Imagine if Marvel had done the same thing: picture them making the RDJ Iron Man, Chris Evans Captain America, and Chris Hemsworth Thor movies individually, only when the time came for The Avengers they decided to just recast everyone.

I mean I get that with DC we're comparing TV and movies, but still-- Arrow and The Flash are insanely popular; the Suicide Squad attached to Arrow rocked!! Why screw with it??
    Hrm... Suicide Squad movie, with no cast, no anything, versus a Suicide Squad TV series set in the ArrowVerse, which already has a cast... I understand why they'd say no to it.
    Full agreement here. Not to mention Ezra Miller as The Flash as well.

Imagine if Marvel had done the same thing: picture them making the RDJ Iron Man, Chris Evans Captain America, and Chris Hemsworth Thor movies individually, only when the time came for The Avengers they decided to just recast everyone.

I mean I get that with DC we're comparing TV and movies, but still-- Arrow and The Flash are insanely popular; the Suicide Squad attached to Arrow rocked!! Why screw with it??

Even using the argument of comparing TV to movies is nil, because Marvel currently has two TV series within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, using established film actors reprising their roles! Even if we get tired of the Marvel Formula, it's just pure and simple fact that DC will not win the cinema war.
    Tom Hardy May Have Left SUICIDE SQUAD Because It Focuses On 'Deadshot' And 'The Joker'
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113754
    Because Tom Hardy's character was the most important one in Inception, after all.
    I am just annoyed he was up for Rick Flag period he was perfect as bane why not just bring that character back in Squad and don't give me the different time line argument Dench was m in two different timelines so why not have Hardy's Bane be in two different timelines
    Henry Cavill Describes BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE As "Cinematic History"
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113778
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I am just annoyed he was up for Rick Flag period he was perfect as bane why not just bring that character back in Squad and don't give me the different time line argument Dench was m in two different timelines so why not have Hardy's Bane be in two different timelines

If they were going to do that, then they could just as easily bring back Christian Bale's Batman. Clearly, DC wants to break all ties to the Dark Knight Trilogy. After all, it was their best film series.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 9,779
    Which is annoying... For year I thought Iiked Batman more then Bond but lately the view has changed drastically

Not because of Ben Affleck as batman which as Stange as it sounds is the only thing I really like about the new DC universe so far.

Ignoring the hugely succesful tv universe
    The joker again
    Lack of batman villains in BVS apparently
    And just one potential solo batman film in spite of him being the most successful character???

Why do I care about a cinematic universe that make no sense and fails any logic at all?

I may not agree with every decision the producer for bond have done even lately but I still feel like they know their craft and their characters and even what their fans want WAY BETTER then the idiots at DC.

I swear if the next batman film has the Joker as the main Villain I am done with that franchise.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2015 Posts: 28,694
    @Risico007, I'm sick of the Joker as well, but am happy to see that DC are giving other heroes more adventures to appear in than Batman. He runs DC, is their biggest commodity and is in EVERYTHING. I know a lot of DC fans who hate him because he takes the attention away from literally every other hero, even Superman at times. We get so much Batman content already that having only one solo film lined up for him isn't that huge a deal, especially considering that Batman will be in a lot of the DCU films down the line, like both Justice League pictures and will likely have a lot of cameos in the solo films of the other heroes as well. It's really not a big deal, and it's nice that DC are giving other heroes the limelight. I assure you; they know how to use Batman and will give the fans what they want. Our boy in black is a-okay.
    @Risico007, I'm sick of the Joker as well, but am happy to see that DC are giving other heroes more adventures to appear in than Batman. He runs DC, is their biggest commodity and is in EVERYTHING. I know a lot of DC fans who hate him because he takes the attention away from literally every other hero, even Superman at times. We get so much Batman content already that having only one solo film lined up for him isn't that huge a deal, especially considering that Batman will be in a lot of the DCU films down the line, like both Justice League pictures and will likely have a lot of cameos in the solo films of the other heroes as well. It's really not a big deal, and it's nice that DC are giving other heroes the limelight. I assure you; they know how to use Batman and will give the fans what they want. Our boy in black is a-okay.

I agree . I think DC has changed and learned a lot.
    By all means make other movies but if Affleck had say his own batman trilogy I would be less upset.

My issue is there are much cooler villains that need their day in the sun

Black mask
    Killer croc
    Clayface
    Man bat
    Mad hatter
    And last but not least
    The Ventriliquist ( what's worse is there is the perfect actor for this role Jason Alexander and yet he maybe has eight more years where he could concievably play it and time keeps marching on)
    Clayface or Manbat would be awesome. Or Hugo Strange.
    Much as I would love to see Man-Bat in film, Batman: The Animated Series did it best, and a film will likely never reach that level.
    I want to see Hugo Strange on film as well. They nailed his character in Batman Arkham City.

Batman has the best rogues gallery out there and yet Joker is always used as a crutch, something that nauseates me. I understand the temptation DC has to stick him in every Batman project imaginable, but a little thinking outside the box would be nice once in a while. Sadly, with Suicide Squad we'll see him once again jammed in the Batman universe while other, equally as interesting villains wither away without getting the spotlight they deserve.

I for one would love to see a noir-esque Batman solo film where he is investigating the massive abductions of blonde girls from Gotham's low-income neighborhoods, only to find out that Mad Hatter is behind it all, grabbing up his Alices for a tea party.
    The Superman films have been even worse in that regard until recently, with Luthor in every single film.
    He's not in Superman III. Then again, I still oppose Superman III to the point where I refuse its existence, so... Yeah... He wasn't in Man of Steel either.

Y'know what. I don't care what DC does anymore. Now that I just caused myself to think about Superman III, the only thing I actually care about is that Richard Pryor stays the hell away from it.
    SPOILERS: Major SUICIDE SQUAD Story Details Cover The Joker's Role, Twist Ending, And More
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113864

BATMAN v SUPERMAN Choreographer Teases THAT Fight And JUSTICE LEAGUE Origin
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113863