Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Goodbye, Mr Graydon. A truly legendary stuntman.
    RIP Mr Graydon, thank you for all you have done
    M_Balje wrote: »
    d23044.gif

From Russia with Love
    Goldfinger
    Thunderball
    You Only Live Twice
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    Moonraker
    For Your Eyes Only
    Octopussy
    A View To A Kill
    Batman (1989)

Thank you...

One of many unsung heroes who make our Bond movies come alive! RIP Mr Graydon.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    As 2014 comes to a close, here is a list of the Bond family members we have lost this year.

March 17 - Oswald Morris (Age 98): Director of Photography TMWTGG
    March 28 - Lorenzo Semple Jr. (Age 91): Writer for NSNA
    June 14 - Terry Richards (Age 81): Stuntman for many Bond films and one of Carver's thugs in TND
    July 6 - Dave Bickers (Age 76): Stunt work and Moore's double in Octopussy after Martin Grace was injured
    August 18 - Tom Pevsner (Age 87): Associate or Executive Producer from FYEO to GE
    September 1 - Gottfried John (Age 72): Ourumov from GE
    September 10 - Richard Kiel (Age 74): Jaws from TSWLM and MR
    September 14 - Philip Somerville (Age 84): Hat designer for characters of Xenia and Elektra
    September 26 - Jerry Alan (Age 75): Stuntman for DAF, TMWTGG, and CR
    October 5 - Geoffrey Holder (Age 84): Baron Samedi in LALD
    December 23 - Richard Graydon (Age 92): Stuntman for 10 Bond films and Francisco the Fearless from OP.

If I have missed any, please add to this list. Rest in peace to all of these talented performers.

Christine Cavanaugh, Voice of Chuckie from ‘Rugrats,’ ‘Babe,’ Dies at 51
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58139589?ref_=hm_nw_tv1_sm
    Well there goes one part of my childhood. RIP
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    RIP dear Christine. 51 is far too young.

I did not watch Rugrats, but I still love Babe.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    And I just read that Luise Rainer has also passed away. At the very fine old age of 104.
    From http://www.thewrap.com/luise-rainer-first-actress-to-win-consecutive-oscars-dead-at-104/

Rainer took home the top actress trophies in 1936 and 1937 for her roles on “The Great Ziegfeld” and “The Good Earth,” respectively. Only four other actors have since match the feat.
    Rugrats and Dexter's Laboratory were two of my favourite cartoons when I was younger.

I wonder how she died.

My thoughts go to her family.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    For Rolling Stones fans, this news will be double whammy.
    I just learned this week that two famous Stones sidemen died within a day of each other this month. I have confirmed via Wiki.

Sax player Bobby Keyes passed Dec 2nd age 70
    Keyboardist Ian McLagan passed Dec 3rd age 69.

Keyes has been a mainstay with the Stones since Brown Sugar 1971. He's done virtually every tour since, and always does the sax part for his signature song, plus the other tracks that lend towards sax.
    He and Keef were great pals. Keyes played with most of the greats. Toured with Joe Cocker and John Lennon. Played with all of the other Beatles too, McCartney, Harrison and Ringo. Played on some of the great Stones albums.

McLagan was a member of both Small Faces and Faces. Great mate of both Rod Stewart and especially Ron Wood. Toured with the Stones in the '70s and "80s.
    He's never been far from the band.
    McLagan also played with Cocker.

Meanwhile the Stones themselves keep chuggin along.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Kan Bonfils was rehearsing for Dante's Inferno, which was due to open at The Rag Factory in London this week.

Members of the production's Craft Theatre company and paramedics were unable to resuscitate Bonfils.

Chris Hislop, the company's spokesman, said the cast and crew were devastated by the death.

''Kan collapsed during a rehearsal and the director Rocky Rodriguez Jr performed CPR on location."

Mr Hislop added: "The entire company are in shock. There is absolutely severe sadness, it is a real tragedy."

The cause of death is not known.

Dante's Inferno is expected to continue with another actor from the theatre company replacing Bonfils.

Mr Hislop said: ''It was due to open on Thursday. If things go to plan and if the incoming actor is able to do the job we are hoping to open on Saturday.''

Bonfils played a "henchman" in 2012's Skyfall with Daniel Craig and Isagura in 1997's Tomorrow Never Dies with Pierce Brosnan. He also appeared as Jedi master Saesee Tiin in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999), opposite Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor.

He also had roles in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle Of Life (2003), Batman Begins (2005) and several productions on the West End stage
    Words fail me :

bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883

Among the 12 people killed in this senseless attack were four cartoonists : Charb, Tignous, Cabu and Wolinski. The last two have been with me pretty much all my life. "It's hard being loved by jerks", indeed !

2129301484.jpg

:-(

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    That is very sad indeed. RIP>
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed, Terrible Terrorist attack in Paris.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 2,015
    So, Cabu, at the center of this image (with the glasses), was killed with 10+ more other persons with bullets. By terrorists who specifically looked for him and for some others, and who succeeded despite the fact they were protected by the police (the policeman there to protect them - since 2006 when the magazine published the Danish caricatures - was killed too, another policeman in the street was killed after, the video of the execution is all over the Internet). Most 30-50 yo French knew Cabu. A member of the most popular French kid show of the 80s/90s. It really feels to many like they attacked "France".
    recrea2-1c9e1.jpg
    @suivez_ce_parachute are you in Paris? My understanding was that the terrorists are still on the loose.
    RIP
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Yes they are still on the loose but no paranoia here in Paris. And well, they are cold-blood terrorists who killed a list of targets (ie : to kill a magazine and those who protected it). There's a video of one of the terrorists calmly putting his shoe back in the car after loosing it while running to kill a policeman.
    They have no choice but to kill those who slander their warlord "prophet". I feel for the families of those murdered.
  • Another sad loss for the Bond 'family'

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30707319
    Another senseless attack in Paris! RIP to the families affected by the loss of loved one. It really does beggar belief once again! Not going to rant as their is no point and would not want to sink to their level!
    Gerard wrote: »
    Words fail me :

bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883

Among the 12 people killed in this senseless attack were four cartoonists : Charb, Tignous, Cabu and Wolinski. The last two have been with me pretty much all my life. "It's hard being loved by jerks", indeed !

2129301484.jpg

:-(

Their cartoons are making us cry today, but they'll keep us laughing at the obscurantist jerks who murdered them.
    RIP to Khan Bonfils and the 12 people in Paris. Very sad.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The legendary Rod Taylor has passed away at the age of 84:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rod-taylor-star-birds-time-762144

RIP, Rod, and while I haven't posted it, RIP to the 12 who lost their lives in Paris, and to another member of our Bond family, Kan Bonfils.
    RIP Mr. Rod Taylor. I am going to miss you.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,449
    Samuel Goldwyn Jr. Dies at 88

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58159488?ref_=hm_nw_tp2

His father (who died in 1974) be one of creaters of MGM.
    This how Mgm logo look like in 1924, 2 years before Jr whas born
    It was always exciting to see the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer roaring lion logo before a film, when I was a 70s kid.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I really liked Rod Taylor as Boysie Oakes in The Liquidator. It's a real shame there weren't more Oakes films starring Rod Taylor. Sad to hear of his death yesterday.
    One of my all time favourites is " The Time Machine" RIP Rod Taylor.
    Francesco Rosi, who directed the amazing Carmen.

Also, Today would have been the birthday to the great Bernard Lee.