Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Novelist P. D. James dies aged 94 RIP
    http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30232569
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Very sad to hear about P. D. James, She had an outstanding contribution to crime thrillers.
    I confess, I've never been the biggest fan of P.D. James. Still, she gave a second life to whodunits.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RIP Philip Hughes. Such a sad loss doing something he loved. Spare a thought for bowler Sean Abbott who bowled the fateful ball. Thoughts to all involved.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    RIP Philip Hughes. I am very saddened. A real tragedy, so young and such a rare kind of accident. I'm praying for his family; for Sean Abbott too, who must be going through a heavy hearted ordeal.

Also - P.D. James; I have always enjoyed her writing. I think she was a great writer. I especially remember Cover Her Face; so well written. She did more than give us Inspector Dalgliesh. She also wrote Children of Men. A long life for her and many tributes. Still sad to read of her passing.
    RIP P D James, Adam Dalgliesh is just a fantastic character!

So shocked at the passing of Phil Hughes! Only 25 years old, thoughts and condolences to all his friends and family. RIP
    Clifford is in mourning, and so are all those who read the adventures of the Big Red Dog. His creator, Norman Bridwell, passed away last week, aged 86.

robot6.comicbookresources.com/2014/12/clifford-the-big-red-dog-author-norman-bridwell-passes-away/

And my heart goes out to the families of the innocents who were killed in Sidney, and of the children in Pakistan. I can't, for the life of me, think of any cause that could justify that.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Yes, my condolences to all those affected in Pakistan and Sydney too. Horrific events.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Horrible deeds. That horrible brainwashing cause people to lose their humanity.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Just sickening what happened in Pakistan.
    It beggars belief how low some people will go!!!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    RIP Joe Cocker 70 Years old. He died from Long Cancer.

Source: http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/buitenland/muzieklegende-joe-cocker-overleden
    Well, sunday was bad, but now, monday is officially worse. Goodbye, Mr. Cocker, and thanks for everything :

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Also goodbye to the Satanist nanny in The Omen forgothername.
    Dear wonderful, special, uniquely voiced Joe Cocker. RIP. A special singer, to put it mildly. You will be missed by so many people around the world.
  • RIP Joe Cocker!
    RIP Joe Cocker! Thanks for your classic songs!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to hear of the death of James Bond stuntman Richard Graydon (1922-2014). Such a brave gentleman.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Also goodbye to the Satanist nanny in The Omen forgothername.

@Thunderfinger, Billie Whitelaw as Mrs Baylock. R.I.P.

• Dragonpol wrote: »
    Sad to hear of the death of James Bond stuntman Richard Graydon (1922-2014). Such a brave gentleman.

Aw I really liked him. I loved his interview on the OHMSS bluray- he had the coolest voice
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    d23044.gif

From Russia with Love
    Goldfinger
    Thunderball
    You Only Live Twice
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    Moonraker
    For Your Eyes Only
    Octopussy
    A View To A Kill
    Batman (1989)

Thank you...
    RIP dear Mr. Graydon, who contributed so wonderfully to the Bond films. Thanks for this list and photo, @M_Balje!
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,189
    2014 has not been a good year for Bond fans when its come to respected figures passing away. Nature just had to throw in one more before the year ended :(

Rest in peace Mr. Graydon.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    RIP Richard Graydon. Seemed like a nice and passionate gentleman from the making of interviews I've seen with him. Very talented and his unharnessed cable car stunt from Moonraker, along with many other impressive moments, won't soon be forgotten.
    If anyone could post a link to a video of one of his interviews, I would really appreciate it.

• @4EverBonded, he has a few brief comments at the beginning of this video, then talks more in-depth about jumping from the train in Octopussy at the 18:50 mark.

RIP Richard "Dickie" Graydon.
    Thank you!!
  • You're welcome!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Such sad news to learn of the passing of legendary stuntman Richard Graydon.
    Where did you learn of his passing @Dragonpol
    One of the true greats from not only the Bond series.
    The cable car stunts in Moonraker being only one of his many contributions to the Bond series. But all the more memorable as he performed them minus a safety wire.
    RIP
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Benny wrote: »
    Such sad news to learn of the passing of legendary stuntman Richard Graydon.
    Where did you learn of his passing @Dragonpol
    One of the true greats from not only the Bond series.
    The cable car stunts in Moonraker being only one of his many contributions to the Bond series. But all the more memorable as he performed them minus a safety wire.
    RIP

I saw a link on AJB007 Forums that a member had posted that said that Richard Graydon had passed away so I thought I would break the sad news on this community too. Here is the link that the member posted (In English translation):

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.telegraaf.nl/filmenuitgaan/film/23490230/__Stuntman_Bond_overleden__.html&edit-text=