Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Thoughts and condolences Bain123! We are all here for you!
  • I was very sad when I heard about the death of Richard "Jaws" Kiel. Great role, one of the most memorable...
    I'm also very sorry to hear about your grandfather @BAIN123. I wish you and your family all the best. My he rest in peace. My grandfather died in January. I was also really sad but I think now it's better for him and he doesn't have to suffer any more.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm so sorry to hear, @BAIN123. My thoughts are with you.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    My thoughts go out to the next victim of the IS: Steven Sotloff.

Killing for political reasons under the mask of religious pride. Welcome to the 21st Century.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Okay. I'll say this now, and I mean it, and I can but hope there there will not be more names to add ...
    Deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of:
    James Foley
    Steven Sotloff
    David Haines
    All 3 murdered by Islamic terrorists, with videos given to the world as proof

And to all the countless others who have had loved ones slain by this horrific group of terrorists.

I also give my prayers, thoughts, and support to all people fleeing from, and those who are currently captured by, this shameful and despicable group. By whatever name they go by, or whatever name others call them, their actions cannot be condoned and they must be stopped.
    Okay. I'll say this now, and I mean it, and I can but hope there there will not be more names to add ...
    Deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of:
    James Foley
    Steven Sotloff
    David Haines
    All 3 murdered by Islamic terrorists, with videos given to the world as proof

And to all the countless others who have had loved ones slain by this horrific group of terrorists.

I also give my prayers, thoughts, and support to all people fleeing from, and those who are currently captured by, this shameful and despicable group. By whatever name they go by, or whatever name others call them, their actions cannot be condoned and they must be stopped.

It's a shame that the barbarism that is IS does not represent the mass of the Muslim community, who are peaceful, tolerant and kind. The name of Islam continues to be tarnished by these animals. I don't agree with Islam, but their people are kind and I respect their choice of religion, but these monsters just tarnish their fellow brethren.
    I know and I agree, Sammm04.
    I did not want to turn this into a religious discussion. But they are doing these evil things in the name of a religion. I prefer to simply call them murderous evil terrorists.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I am tempted to wade in here but this not the place to do it. Let's keep this a place of respect for the deceased and a religion free zone.
    Yes, I would rather keep religion out of this thread.
    Yes, I would rather keep religion out of this thread.

Me too, but I'm just expressing my sadness with the whole situation. Not debating or trying to rile people up.

I understand that, and I took your post that way, Sammm04.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    BAIN123, my condolonces.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited September 2014 Posts: 3,347
    Thoughts go out to you and your family BAIN. Always remember the good memories, of which it sounds like there were many.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Thanks again everybody :) Going to his house this morning as my aunt is staying there and we have an early appointment at a local directors to talk about funeral arrangements.

Have already been to his house once so am more at ease this time.
    Also, I hope those vile IS people are found.
    44th anniversary Jimi Hendrix........
    Remembering Neil "commish Gordon" Hamilton , 30 yrs ago.......RIP

Too bad the con thing of today hadn't taken off in the 70s , would've loved to have met him at a con......seems like a humble man.
    Tracy wrote: »
    Remembering Neil "commish Gordon" Hamilton , 30 yrs ago.......RIP

Too bad the con thing of today hadn't taken off in the 70s , would've loved to have met him at a con......seems like a humble man.
    Neil Hamilton is iconic. When I think of police commissioners, I think of his Commissioner Gordon, a model civil servant, devoted to safeguarding his city from the criminal element...and a loyal friend of the bat.

Audrey Charteris

April 14th, 1922 - September 19th, 2014

http://www.lesliecharteris.com/

May she rest in peace.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Audrey Charteris

April 14th, 1922 - September 19th, 2014

http://www.lesliecharteris.com/

May she rest in peace.

Sad news. I was not aware that Leslie Charteris' wife was still alive. I heard his brother on BBC Radio 4 in 2007 for Leslie Charteris' Centenary but I don't know if he is still alive.
    I've just written my own tribute to grandad and here's a link to the post on my blog for people who are interested:

http://stephenbain85.wordpress.com/2014/09/28/william-mccrorie-1921-2014/
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I was deeply touched by your blog, @BAIN123. Your granddad's OBE is something you can be proud of, among no doubt so much more.

May he rest in peace.
    Lovely tribute, Stephen. I just left a comment there.
    On September 12th 2014 a truly towering figure all throughout my life passed away – my grandfather William McCrorie (OBE).

Moving tribute! An OBE, that's impressive!
    Bond fans should have no trouble relating to that honor.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Beautiful tribute @BAIN123, very moving.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I've just read on the BBC news site that Lyndsey De Paul the singer songwriter has died at the age of 64 she was linked with Connery a while ago if I remember right.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Sad news to report Bond fans as Geoffrey Holder, as we all known as Baron Samedi has passed away from pneumonia complications. He was 84. He will always be one of my favourite henchman.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/07/arts/geoffrey-holder-dancer-choreographer-and-man-of-flair-dies-at-84.html?_r=0
    Incredible career he had. A life well lived by the sounds of it.
    Indeed, of all the characters in LALD, he was the best. And from his biography, I gather that he was one heck of a man as well. He'll be missed.
    Very sad news indeed. I just wish he'd posed more of a threat to Bond as he looked totally badass. He was perfect in the role and managed that rare distinction for a Bond villain of not being killed off.