SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Lets not start name calling people and ridiculing other sites. It's not needed. Let them handle business the way they see fit and are happy with. These are supposed to be the best times to b e a Bond fan and with all the turmoil going on with Sony, the fear and the panic, what we don't need is cross boarder website animosity.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    Lets not start name calling people and ridiculing other sites. It's not needed. Let them handle business the way they see fit and are happy with. These are supposed to be the best times to b e a Bond fan and with all the turmoil going on with Sony, the fear and the panic, what we don't need is cross boarder website animosity.

A quick reminder about piracy and websites : in your URL bar, type "mi6.co.uk" and see what happens...
    edited December 2014 Posts: 11,139
    It links to Cbn...and?
    I'm basically informing @panchito in a gracious way to leave them to their own devices without ridiculing them.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,015
    doubleoego wrote: »
    It links to Cbn...and?
    Well this URL was basically stolen near the end of 2011, hence the ...-hq here in the URL. So it does not help for peace :)
    Regardless there's no need to instigate. We are our own community. Let's focus on our own back garden.
  • Hello everyone.
    Apparently shooting is still on for Spectre. I will include a link with no spoiler information, just something to corroborate that Mendes, Craig, and the rest are hard at work on location: https://tv.yahoo.com/news/daniel-craig-smith-still-working-154057358.html
    @Bondtheory, thanks for the link. It's comforting to know that SPECTRE isn't having its filming disturbed and that PP is and will continue as planned.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Why should they introduce Blofeld as soon as they introduce SPECTRE? In Connery´s days, they waited till the 5th film, so wouldn´t it be a bit stuffed if it all came at once now?

Fleming introduced both at the same time.
    Oh yes, and how skillfully he did that: First he describes every feature and tidbit about Blofeld in nauseating detail, then for the rest of the novel he practically doesn´t play a role at all.

I don't know if your comment about skillful was meant to be sarcastic, I absolutely love Blofeld's introduction in TB. His absence, like Sauron's or Moriarty in the respective works where they are featured, gives him an extra aura of menace.
    I love how he is introduced in the TB novel, and I loathe how he doesn´t play any significant role for the plot of the novel. After his introduction, he is not present anymore in the rest of the novel. I don´t even get the impression from (repeatedly) reading TB that Blofeld is a menace in the background.
    They did a much better job of introduction in the films, but the character depicted in the films is barely a shade of Fleming´s Blofeld. Let alone the fact that Fleming decribed three Blofelds in three novels.

So Sony were hacked in February and kept quiet?! *face palm*

http://gawker.com/sony-was-hacked-in-february-and-chose-to-stay-silent-1670025366
  • chipsticks wrote: »
    Christoph Waltz on Whether His Bond Villain, Franz Oberhauser, is Really Blofeld

Mike Ryan | 2 hours ago

waltz-spectre.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1

Rumors are flying that even though Christoph Waltz’s character is technically named Franz Oberhauser in the next James Bond installment, ‘Spectre,’ he’s actually playing Bond’s arch-nemesis, Ernst Stavro Blofeld. The now two-time Oscar winner, Waltz, is currently promoting his Golden Globe nominated turn in Tim Burton’s ‘Big Eyes.’

On Friday, I spoke to Waltz (the full interview will publish next week) and Waltz, for his part, is adamant he’s playing Franz Oberhauser. He was also very careful with the way he phrased his answer and I have no doubt that for most (or maybe all) of the film his character’s name is Franz Oberhauser. Let’s say Waltz is playing Blofeld (which makes a lot of sense), well, it’s not really up to Waltz to reveal that if the studio and filmmakers want to keep that a secret. And, to preface, Waltz was pretty open to talking about the next James Bond movie and why he wanted to be in the movie. He was just not quite as open when it came to talking about the character. I mention this because his answer is obviously short, but I don’t want to at all give the impression that Waltz was being glib—in person, he’s about as charming as they come.

Anyway, here is Waltz’s answer when I told him that people don’t believe he’s just playing a character named Franz Oberhauser.

No, That’s a fact. I can guarantee.

Has he heard the rumors?

Yeah, yeah. I have. The character is called Franz Oberhauser. F-R-A-N-Z, Oberhauser, and I don’t need to spell that.

So, that’s Waltz explanation. Next week we will have a lot more with Waltz about ‘Big Eyes,’ his place in Hollywood, hosting ‘SNL,’ and yes, why he took the role of “Franz Oberhauser” in a James Bond movie.

http://screencrush.com/christoph-waltz-bond-villain-spectre-interview/

What conspiracy theorists should note is that Waltz never confirms Oberhauser and Blofeld are different people. Maybe Oberhauser is Oberhauser, but as leader of SPECTRE, he's called Blofeld? Or maybe Waltz is a red herring altogether. As CNN reported after reading emails between Sony executives that were leaked out as part of the company's massive security breach, Blofeld is a part of "Spectre," though it was not clear if Waltz was playing the role. Waltz is not the only new castmember in the Bond film, which follows 2012's "Skyfall": Monica Bellucci, Lea Seydoux, Dave Bautista and Andrew Scott are also in the cast, so maybe one of them is playing Blofeld instead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/12/christoph-waltz-blofeld_n_6316908.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

I think waltz may be a Red Herring. I think theee will be a Blofeld reveal at the end but it will be someone else entirely and someone who hasn't been announced as part of the cast. I still think the Mark Strong / Danile Craif trip to Mkrroco (a know film location) before official filing may be more the a coincidence
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Imagining what a frame from Spectre might look like:

[img][/img]muyip5.jpg
    Not real, I just edited a set picture.
    I am not happy with the fact that they are bringing specter back only for one film. If the rumors are true which is almost a 100 present possibility due to sam's return for one film. Sam or no Sam they should have done the two story arc as originally planned! Spectre deserves it!
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director

A quick reminder about piracy and websites : in your URL bar, type "mi6.co.uk" and see what happens...

The domain name change had zero to do with 'piracy and websites'. I don't know where you get you bad information from, or such a sparkling imagination.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    image-640x380.jpg

STATEMENT ON SPECTRE

Posted 13.12.2014

EON PRODUCTIONS, the producers of the James Bond films, learned this morning that an early version of the screenplay for the new Bond film SPECTRE is amongst the material stolen and illegally made public by hackers who infiltrated the Sony Pictures Entertainment computer system.
    Eon Productions is concerned that third parties who have received the stolen screenplay may seek to publish it or its contents. The screenplay for SPECTRE is the confidential information of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Danjaq, LLC, and is protected by the laws of copyright in the United Kingdom and around the world. It may not (in whole or in part) be published, reproduced, disseminated or otherwise utilised by anyone who obtains a copy of it. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Danjaq LLC will take all necessary steps to protect their rights against the persons who stole the screenplay, and against anyone who makes infringing uses of it or attempts to take commercial advantage of confidential property it knows to be stolen.

http://www.007.com/statement-on-spectre/
    Nice that its been officially addressed by them.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    chipsticks wrote: »
    image-640x380.jpg

STATEMENT ON SPECTRE

Posted 13.12.2014

EON PRODUCTIONS, the producers of the James Bond films, learned this morning that an early version of the screenplay for the new Bond film SPECTRE is amongst the material stolen and illegally made public by hackers who infiltrated the Sony Pictures Entertainment computer system.
    Eon Productions is concerned that third parties who have received the stolen screenplay may seek to publish it or its contents. The screenplay for SPECTRE is the confidential information of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Danjaq, LLC, and is protected by the laws of copyright in the United Kingdom and around the world. It may not (in whole or in part) be published, reproduced, disseminated or otherwise utilised by anyone who obtains a copy of it. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Danjaq LLC will take all necessary steps to protect their rights against the persons who stole the screenplay, and against anyone who makes infringing uses of it or attempts to take commercial advantage of confidential property it knows to be stolen.

If North Korea leak the script I hope Bond 25 features a story based on a people uprising to over throw its government, don't mess with EON bitches
    Its going to be a long hard year trying to avoid any spoilers for Spectre now.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Yup quick everyone hibernate!
  • chipsticks wrote: »
    image-640x380.jpg

STATEMENT ON SPECTRE

Posted 13.12.2014

If North Korea leak the script I hope Bond 25 features a story based on a people uprising to over throw its government, don't mess with EON bitches

Agreed. I'm still quite surprised Sony gets so much blaim. Because in the end we talk about criminal acts here. Stolen material. Executed and spread by #GOP, criminal hacking syndicate with the name "Guardians Of Peace". Regardless of the leaks being nice or not so nice, regardless of the fact that it puts Sony in a bad light.

We see were this leads to now. Shutdowns. Filming being put on halt. Production delays. Leaks of entire screenplays. Dangerous intrusions of people's privacies. Employees getting fired. People stepping down. And a possibility that production on SPECTRE will stop indefinitely.

An example how this started. It really makes me say again: Hunt those basterds down. It now seriously affects our own upcoming Bond film:
    sony-gop-hack-screen.jpg
    Shouldn't sooner or later a discussion thread be opened for people who have read the screenplay?
    I bet this whole fiasco will make studios think twice about poking fun at political figures in the future?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Presumably this statement by EON implies that the script that's making the rounds on the net is in fact valid (if outdated), and not a savvy internal leak by EON & Sony to create misdirection.

A pity, because what I've read to date has been far from inspiring to say the least.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 5,767
    bondjames wrote: »
    Presumably this statement by EON implies that the script that's making the rounds on the net is in fact valid (if outdated), and not a savvy internal leak by EON & Sony to create misdirection.

A pity, because what I've read to date has been far from inspiring to say the least.
    Well, wouldn´t early version imply something before the re-writes?

I think waltz may be a Red Herring. I think theee will be a Blofeld reveal at the end but it will be someone else entirely and someone who hasn't been announced as part of the cast. I still think the Mark Strong / Danile Craif trip to Mkrroco (a know film location) before official filing may be more the a coincidence
    Imagine Idris Elba with either a bald head or long hair, in any case with yellow contact lenses (a bit like in Thor, a bit like Blofeld´s green lenses from the OHMSS novel), turn around in a swivel chair at the end of SP, exposing his face. They could end the film there, or make it cheesy and have him say something like, "I´ve been expecting you, Mr. Bond".

mnhettia wrote: »
    I am not happy with the fact that they are bringing specter back only for one film. If the rumors are true which is almost a 100 present possibility due to sam's return for one film. Sam or no Sam they should have done the two story arc as originally planned! Spectre deserves it!
    What fact?
    Why a two-story arc for SPECTRE? SPECTRE only makes sense as a repeatedly recurring pest, the same goes for Blofeld.
    What does Sam´s return for only one film have to do with it? Do the new M, MP and Q disappear again when Sam isn´t there anymore?
    Of course the script is valid but even though the leaked docs are work on progress drafts it's still their property and to boot, its property that's not an exact representation of the final shooting script.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883

I have faith, but if we're being honest some of the stuff that's leaked is pretty awful, including the villain's basic premise and motivations. 3 years for this? I don't want to spoil this thread, so I'll say no more. I hope for the best.......and yes, hopefully these most recent rewrites by Butterworth cleaned up some of the weak spots.

I have faith, but if we're being honest some of the stuff that's leaked is pretty awful, including the villain's basic premise and motivations. 3 years for this? I don't want to spoil this thread, so I'll say no more. I hope for the best.......and yes, hopefully these most recent rewrites by Butterworth cleaned up some of the weak spots.
    What I mean is, it was stated that Mendes was more or less "shocked" when he read Logan´s script, then hired P&W. Butterworth, if I´m not mistaken has more to do with dialogue polishing than plot, which is more P&W´s department. In any case, If you read from an early script, it´s very doubtful it the final film will have much to do with it.

What I mean is, it was stated that Mendes was more or less "shocked" when he read Logan´s script, then hired P&W. Butterworth, if I´m not mistaken has more to do with dialogue polishing than plot, which is more P&W´s department. In any case, If you read from an early script, it´s very doubtful it the final film will have much to do with it.

True. Hope so. And before I get questions about which script I read and where it can be obtained, I did not read a script. I read a synopsis online of an early draft.
  • SPOILERS!!! Dammit X(. Use the spoiler tags. Let's say it now: The entire SPECTRE-screenplay, albeit a draft version, has leaked. It's a criminal offense and it seriously compromises a lot of the fun and anticipation I previously had.

I'm truly annoyed by all this. Even more so when I read reactions like "but if we're being honest some of the stuff that's leaked is pretty awful". I'm really sad that we're even discussing this draft screenplay.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    SPOILERS!!! Dammit X(. Use the spoiler tags. Let's say it now: The entire SPECTRE-screenplay, albeit a draft version, has leaked. It's a criminal offense and it seriously compromises a lot of the fun and anticipation I previously had.

I'm truly annoyed by all this. Even more so when I read reactions like "but if we're being honest some of the stuff that's leaked is pretty awful". I'm really sad that we're even discussing this draft screenplay.

Fortunately to date the full draft screenplay, which is apparently online in 2 versions, is not easy to find.

If it is leaked in a more overt fashion in the next few weeks, then we'll have an interesting & unofrtunate situation where casual fans may know more about the actual plot (albeit an early version) than die hards who are trying not to find anything out.

Now that EON has put its statement out with threats, hopefully that's enough for some sites to take down what they've already put up.

I for one hope they do, because synopses are actually broadcast on some sites that people go to in order to read general entertainment news, rather than when specifically searching for this stuff. That's how I came across it.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 5,745
    SPOILERS!!! Dammit X(. Use the spoiler tags. Let's say it now: The entire SPECTRE-screenplay, albeit a draft version, has leaked. It's a criminal offense and it seriously compromises a lot of the fun and anticipation I previously had.

Fortunately to date the full draft screenplay, which is apparently online in 2 versions, is not easy to find.

If it is leaked in a more overt fashion in the next few weeks, then we'll have an interesting situation where casual fans know more about the actual plot (albeit an early version) than die hards who are trying not to find anything out.

Now that EON has put its statement out with threats, hopefully that's enough for some sites to take down what they've already put up.

I for one hope they do, because it is actually broadcast on some sites that people go to in order to read general entertainment news, rather than when specifically serarching for this stuff.

Well considering I currently know where to get it, it wasn't that hard to find. The delay was with Pirate Bay shutting down.

It is an early draft. Sources say they were working on it up to November at the most recent time reported. Not abnormal. As far as them not liking the script, that's not a spoiler. Details from the script are spoilers. Someone not liking the third act isn't. Plus, a later document shows the Sony guys were much happier with a revised version, and were looking forward to the streamlined shooting list.

No worries. I think Skyfall's third act was it's strongest, so I'm not worried about what they'll bring this time. Also, the following could be a minor spoiler, but those of you who want a carryover should read it:
    I wouldn't bet my money just yet that Waltz is ever 100% Blofeld. The name Blofeld is never mentioned in the script. Sony refers to Waltz's character as Blofeld, but no version of the script ever does. If you want to know what big name from the past IS in the script, PM me. Most of you will like the answer I think.