SPECTRE: TOP 5 elements "SPECTRE" must have to tackle all criticism that surrounded "SKYFALL"

Comments

• Well, now Christoph Waltz is confirmed as Bond villain, this will certainly drive up some "viral marketing". And I already mentioned him back in November 2012 in the opening post of this topic. Actually, I rooted for him :-P!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2833780/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Tarantino-villain-Bond-s-cunning-nemesis.html

His name is so well-known. People now, like with "Skyfall", want to see Bond 24 simply because a stunning actor is playing in it. I would say: Let's do another 1 Billion Dollar Bond =P~ !
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    AdaShelby wrote: »

I told everyone.......many times..........
    Blofeld will be back :-). Even more interesting is the fact, that Waltz will play the son (Franz Oberhauser) of a ski-instructor (Hans Oberhauser) who was a father figure to Bond. Could here be another link to Bond's past? As Bond's parents died in a skiing accident.

I am curious though, how they will reveal Waltz as Blofeld, when his name actually is Franz Oberhauser. I still think Daily Mail has a huge spoiler with this article, but that they didn't make the link from Oberhauser to Blofeld properly. Let's see how this turns out :-)!

In any case, let's have a look at the TOP 20 from the list :-P:
    So, here is the list of 'Most frequent mentionings of aspects/elements that could be improved for Bond 24' as of September 2nd 2014[/b]:

32 MENTIONINGS -> 'GUNBARREL BACK AT THE START'
    20 mentionings --> 'Return of more psychotic Ernst Blofeld (Christoph Waltz?)' *a BIG CHECK :-P*
    19 mentionings --> 'Better memorable music score/No Thomas Newman'
    18 mentionings --> 'Bond bedding a real Bond-girl in the end'
    17 mentionings --> 'James Bond in snow/Ski scenes' *CHECK :-P*
    17 mentionings --> 'Simple, plain mission briefing in M's office'
    13 mentionings --> 'Larger role for Felix Leiter'
    11 mentionings --> 'Soak up culture/escapist, glamorous locations, smarter use' *Almost CHECK, because snowy Austria ;-)?*
    10 mentionings --> 'Better screenplay/story/more effective one-liners for Bond'
    10 mentionings --> 'Better fist fights, tougher James Bond'
    ====================================================
    09 mentionings --> 'Memorable henchman/henchwoman (Tilda Swinton?)' *CHECK, even with Dave Bautista :-P*
    07 mentionings --> 'Return of crime syndicate QUANTUM'
    07 mentionings --> 'More clever, less brutal action'
    07 mentionings --> 'More funny Q-gadgets'
    06 mentionings --> 'Return of S.P.E.C.T.R.E.' *CHECK :-P*
    06 mentionings --> 'Bring in Formula One racing, new kind of carchase ('Rush')'
    06 mentionings --> 'A straightforward grand escapist Bond adventure (Thunderball-style?)'
    06 mentionings --> 'Lush, escapist production design'
    04 mentionings --> 'Return of Barry's 007 theme'
    04 mentionings --> 'Commander James Bond 007 in naval uniform'
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Element that must be fixed:

Make sure the female lead has some screen time please...... and please make sure it is sufficient enough so that there is no confusion as to who the female lead is (i.e. let's not have the viewers confused as to whether it is actually MP again)
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Element that must be fixed:

Make sure the female lead has some screen time please...... and please make sure it is sufficient enough so that there is no confusion as to who the female lead is (i.e. let's not have the viewers confused as to whether it is actually MP again)

But that also depends on the writing. If, let's say, the role of the villain is very big, and an early kill of the Bond girl is necessary to add more gravita to the villain's character, then there's no point in making the girl's role extra large.
    the lead bomd girl character should be well rounded and properly fleshed out.
    Getafix wrote: »
    the lead bomd girl character should be well rounded and properly fleshed out.

Well, she may not be the lead one, but Léa Seydoux certainly is all that...
    soooo predictable. i was talking about the character, obviously! ;)
    Getafix wrote: »
    soooo predictable. i was talking about the character, obviously! ;)

So was I. I mean, yes sure. The character.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,425
    good. glad we cleared that up. did i mention that the lead bond girl character must be fully formed as well?
    Well, that she certainly is! I mean, as a character. Nice fully formed character.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Give Moneypenny as little screen time as possible PLEASE.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The whole MI6 support staff need their screen time minimised.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The whole MI6 support staff need their screen time minimised.

This is the one thing that is unlikely, very sadly. If the new cast list remains as small as it has been, then it only means they will spend more time with MI6. Sigh......

Yes, and the star cast with their star salaries will require star time on screen. One of the downsides of such a stellar line-up - they inevitably will detract time and attention away from Bond.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 1,261
    First and foremost he should grow a moustache.
    Christoph Waltz über Bartmode: "Gerade ist der Holzfäller modern"

image-778320-breitwandaufmacher-xbve.jpg

Ein Interview von Bettina Aust

Mal Vollbart, mal Moustache, mal glatt rasiert: Christoph Waltz hat schon viele Bärte getragen. Hier spricht der zweifache Oscar-Preisträger über haarige Phasen im Leben eines Mannes und eine gefährliche Mode namens Yoga.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Herr Waltz, Sie und Ihr Bart führen seit Jahren eine Art On-Off-Beziehung. Mal haben Sie sich einen für einen Film wachsen lassen, mal einfach so, dann sind Sie wieder glatt rasiert. In welcher Phase befinden Sie sich gerade?

Waltz: Im Moment lasse ich mir gerade wieder einen Schnurrbart wachsen. Denn es gibt in den USA eine Wohltätigkeitsorganisation, die nennt sich "Movember", und die finanziert Recherche und Forschung auf dem Gebiet der Prostataerkrankungen und des Hodenkrebs.
    SPIEGEL ONLINE: Und was hat der Schnurrbart mit der Prostata zu tun?

Waltz: Um die Unterstützung für diese Sache an die Öffentlichkeit zu tragen, lassen sich viele einen Schnurrbart wachsen. Das ist mittlerweile wirklich schon auffällig, all die Schnurrbärte, die auf den Oberlippen sprießen. Die Verbindung zu "Movember" wird sofort hergestellt. Klingt lächerlich, ist aber unglaublich effektiv.

Zur Person

REUTERS
    Bei der Recherche zu einem Interview mit Christoph Waltz fällt einem neben den zwei Oscars und vielen anderen Dingen auch ein optisches Detail auf: Er ist seit Jahrzehnten ein Mann des Bartes. Der kann mal lang und struppig, kurz getrimmt, voll oder wie kürzlich auf dem Cover des Hipster-Magazins "Fantastic Man" ein Oberlippenbart sein. Ab dem 27. November ist Christoph Waltz mit dem neuen Terry-Gilliam-Film "The Zero Theorem" und mit der Komödie "Kill the Boss 2" gleich zwei mal in den deutschen Kinos zu sehen. Eine gute Gelegenheit, mit dem 1956 in Wien geborenen Schauspieler über Bärte zu sprechen.
    SPIEGEL ONLINE: Wenn das Gesichtshaar nicht gerade für den guten Zweck wächst, wann ist bei Ihnen Bartzeit?
    Waltz: In der Phase, wenn ich mich nicht rasiere. Da sind keine großen philosophischen Erwägungen im Spiel.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Sie tragen also einen unkalkulierten Bart?

Waltz: Genau. Höre ich auf mich zu rasieren, dann wächst der Bart.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Was ändert sich in Ihrer Selbstwahrnehmung, wenn Sie einen Bart tragen?

Waltz: Nicht viel. Wenn ich es nicht gewohnt wäre, würde sich wahrscheinlich viel verändern. Man könnte sich dahinter verstecken und man sieht älter oder jünger aus. Aber wenn man zweimal einen Bart gehabt hat, ist dieser Effekt verpufft.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Wie gefallen Sie sich denn besser, mit oder ohne Bart?

Waltz: Kommt auf den Bart an. Gottlob steigt man nie in den selben Fluss zweimal, wie wir wissen. Deswegen findet man sich auch je nach Bart immer unterschiedlich.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Was kommt zu Hause besser an, mit oder ohne?

Waltz: Ohne. Ganz entschieden.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Was ist Ihre Theorie zum Revival des Bartes, gerade bei sehr jungen Männern?

Waltz: Ich wünschte, es läge an irgendeiner Veränderung des Selbstbewusstseins oder ein bisschen an einer "Zurück zur Natur"-Philosophie. Ich glaube aber, es ist gerade nur schick und eine Modesache. Diesmal ist es eben wild wuchernder Bartwuchs, wild wuchernd ist schon wichtig. Vor ein paar Jahren, aber darüber ist man schon hinweg, war es der ganz kurz gepflegte Yuppie-Bart. Jetzt ist es der wilde Ausdruck der ungezähmten Jugend. Im Prinzip ist der Holzfäller-Bart gerade modern.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Fühlen Sie sich mit Bart männlicher?

Waltz: Kein bisschen. Nur behaarter.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Wie hat sich Ihr Stil entwickelt?

Waltz: Ähnlich wie bei allen anderen Menschen auch. Beispiele, Vorlieben, Abneigungen, Möglichkeiten, Notwendigkeiten, was die Jahreszeiten und die geografischen Unterschiede betrifft. Wenn ich in Los Angeles bin, ist es deutlich wärmer, das verändert natürlich so ein bisschen meinen Stil, speziell im November.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Wie modisch darf ein Mann sein?

Waltz: So modisch wie er will. Der andere muss tragen dürfen, was mir nicht gefällt. Sonst sind wir ja sowieso schon dort, wo ich fürchte, wo wir eines Tages landen werden.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Wo landen wir denn?

Waltz: In einer faschistoiden Katastrophe.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Meinen Sie das stilistisch oder auch politisch?

Waltz: Das eine hat ja dann möglicherweise mit dem anderen zu tun. Also stellen Sie sich vor, wir müssten alle Mao-Anzüge tragen. Ich verstehe, woher der Gedanke kommt und ich kann den Gedanken nachvollziehen. Aber ich würde niemandem aufs Auge drücken wollen, dass er so einen Anzug zu tragen hat.
    SPIEGEL ONLINE: Sie sind Repräsentant der Marke Prada. Warum ausgerechnet diese Marke?

Waltz: Ach, das hat mit der Chefin Miuccia Prada zu tun. Sie ist eine ganz wunderbare Frau, mit der man die interessantesten Abende verbringen kann, bei denen über Mode wirklich nicht ein Wort fällt. Sie ist eine ganz herausragende Persönlichkeit. Und dann hat sich das so ergeben.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Viele Ihrer Kollegen in Hollywood suchen Entspannung, indem sie Yoga praktizieren. Sind Sie ein Yoga-Mann?

Waltz: Ich bin kein Yoga-Mensch. Ich halte Yoga für schädlich. Yoga ist selbst für Inder schädlich. Aber die sind näher dran. Yoga ist ähnlich wie Bart, das ist eine Mode. Ich habe von einer mir befreundeten Orthopädin gehört, dass es mittlerweile mehr Yoga- als Skiverletzungen gibt.
    SPIEGEL ONLINE: Trotzdem gilt Yoga bei uns im Westen als eine Art der Entspannung. Wie machen Sie sich wieder frei von Verspannungen?

Waltz: Ich mache mich frei von Verspannungen, wenn ich sie bemerke. Und nicht, wenn ich irgendwo hinfahre, um mich frei von Verspannungen zu machen. Das wäre ja dann nur eine andere Art der Verspannung. Wenn es mir auffällt, dass ich verspanne, dann versuche ich, mich davon frei zu machen. Dieser forcierte Freizeitstress, den finde ich am schlimmsten. Da ist mein Arbeitsstress ein Kindergarten dagegen.

http://www.spiegel.de/stil/christoph-waltz-django-unchained-interview-ueber-bartmode-a-1003614.html
    edited November 2014 Posts: 11,139
    That interview was a great and insightful read! I'm looking forward to Waltz being in this even more now. 8-|
    Anybody can translate it?
  • My God, "SPECTRE" it is. The Bond producers must have extensively spied in this topic :-P. Which kind of makes me happy hehe.
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    I'd love to see at least a short reference to Blofeld's cat :D
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    More gadgets (but never close to DAD of course).
    More 007 theme and Bondian tunes.
    Q on location
    Bond in a Naval Army Suit
    And a bit more humour.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Q on location
    And a bit more humour.

Well, the list can be endless. I'm happy though that, in a way, the Bond producers took notice of our "shared wish list" :-P. It doesn't mean it'll make the film necessarily better though. But the aspect of:
    10 mentionings --> 'Better screenplay/story/more effective one-liners for Bond'
    ....is being heard as well. It seems SPECTRE will have a more detective-esque, more complicated, but realistic plot. A plot that also tries to resolve all open endings from storylines in the previous three films.

More gadgets?
    Well, wasn't Sam Mendes slightly hinting that this new Aston Martin DB10 will do some nice things ;-)?
    In any case, let's have a look at the TOP 20 from the list :-P:
    So, here is the list of 'Most frequent mentionings of aspects/elements that could be improved for Bond 24' as of September 2nd 2014[/b]:

32 MENTIONINGS -> 'GUNBARREL BACK AT THE START'
    20 mentionings --> 'Return of more psychotic Ernst Blofeld (Christoph Waltz?)' *a BIG CHECK :-P*
    19 mentionings --> 'Better memorable music score/No Thomas Newman'
    18 mentionings --> 'Bond bedding a real Bond-girl in the end'
    17 mentionings --> 'James Bond in snow/Ski scenes' *CHECK :-P*
    17 mentionings --> 'Simple, plain mission briefing in M's office' *CHECK, Naomie Harris confirms: behind the desk*
    13 mentionings --> 'Larger role for Felix Leiter'
    11 mentionings --> 'Soak up culture/escapist, glamorous locations, smarter use' *Almost CHECK, because snowy Austria ;-)?*
    10 mentionings --> 'Better screenplay/story/more effective one-liners for Bond' *CHECK, already more mystery about the plot*
    10 mentionings --> 'Better fist fights, tougher James Bond'
    ====================================================
    09 mentionings --> 'Memorable henchman/henchwoman (Tilda Swinton?)' *CHECK, both Dave Bautista & Monica "Troublemaker" Bellucci :-P*
    07 mentionings --> 'Return of crime syndicate QUANTUM' *CHECK, Mr White returns*
    07 mentionings --> 'More clever, less brutal action'
    07 mentionings --> 'More funny Q-gadgets' *Almost CHECK, Aston Martin DB10*
    06 mentionings --> 'Return of S.P.E.C.T.R.E.' *CHECK :-P*
    06 mentionings --> 'Bring in Formula One racing, new kind of carchase ('Rush')'
    06 mentionings --> 'A straightforward grand escapist Bond adventure (Thunderball-style?)'
    06 mentionings --> 'Lush, escapist production design'
    04 mentionings --> 'Return of Barry's 007 theme'
    04 mentionings --> 'Commander James Bond 007 in naval uniform'
  • The gunbarrel at the start is a must, I still wonder who ever thought it was a good idea to put it at the end.

Apart from that I also wish they´d do the opening graphics in the old style. By that I mean there need to be more (nude) women doing arcobatics in slow-motion or in real time, because in CR there were no women to begin with (still great gaphics though), QoS was awful and like SF way too fast-moving. I liked the one Skyfall had because it reminded me most of the old opening titles and there was meaning behind every aspect of it. The Brosnan era movies especially had really sad intros, and I loved that.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119
    The gunbarrel at the start is a must, I still wonder who ever thought it was a good idea to put it at the end.

Apart from that I also wish they´d do the opening graphics in the old style. By that I mean there need to be more (nude) women doing arcobatics in slow-motion or in real time, because in CR there were no women to begin with (still great gaphics though), QoS was awful and like SF way too fast-moving. I liked the one Skyfall had because it reminded me most of the old opening titles and there was meaning behind every aspect of it. The Brosnan era movies especially had really sad intros, and I loved that.

I actually loved the girls from the SF main title sequence. Just have a look at this topic :-): http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7321/bond-polls-2014-best-main-title-experience-since-1995-s-goldeneye#latest

The girls in the main title sequence from SF were actually not moving that fast.....
    Q on location
    And a bit more humour.

Really? That is a flaw of SF? Bond was not in a Navy Army suit?
  • @Gustav_Graves, thanks for mentioning, interesting topic! :)
    Creative violent and visceral hand to hand fights

Thrilling car chases

One of the romantic leads needs to survive to the end, closing the film with a good sex scene

Bond needs to be wearing a suit for 85% of the movie akin to his Tom Ford fit for QoS

Time needs to be allowed for audiences to immerse themselves and soak up the atmosphere of the foreign locations Bond visits.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited December 2014 Posts: 7,570
    My God, "SPECTRE" it is. The Bond producers must have extensively spied in this topic :-P. Which kind of makes me happy hehe.
    Hats off to you @Gustav_Graves, your opening suggestions from two years ago seem to have been eerily accurate.

• doubleoego wrote: »
    Creative violent and visceral hand to hand fights

Thrilling car chases

One of the romantic leads needs to survive to the end, closing the film with a good sex scene

Bond needs to be wearing a suit for 85% of the movie akin to his Tom Ford fit for QoS

Time needs to be allowed for audiences to immerse themselves and soak up the atmosphere of the foreign locations Bond visits.

I could live without the car chase, but otherwise ...thumps up. Both of them!

I'm not too sure on this. During Brosnan's mainly 'suited' & mainly 'jacketed' run I longed for Bond in more casual wear, akin to Connery in TB. I was therefore ecstatic to see Craig sporting Sunspel Polo during the Caribbean sequence in CR. I'll admit I wasn't too keen to see Craig in his track pants in SF, but I think he had plenty of suit scenes too. I think they need to mix it up a little more on that score. If your comment refers to his suit fitting him better, then I agree. He was busting out of his SF suits (too tight IMO).

This I totally agree with. I used to travel vicariously through Bond as a youngster. They don't take the time to let the locations 'breathe' on screen any more. They should. The worst offender recently was QoS - we hardly got to experience Siena which was beautiful because of all that bs editing.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,443
    One inprovement on Skyfall, already be broken. No spoilers.
    Moost is already spoild with name of the movie, by gustav graves and if you have bit of idea about Quantum/Specter goal.

I hope there wil not be to much spoilers with showing to much pictures or use the link if link also not spoil things.