Batman

Comments

• That would actually have been really cool, especially if they had modeled Batman after Clooney and kept with Schumacher's glitzy, neon-overloaded take on Gotham.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 1,107
    This is funny :D
    especially This :
    Jim Carrey recounts first time meeting Tommy Lee Jones:

"I walked into a restaurant the night before our big scene in The Riddler's lair and [Tommy was there]. I went up to say hi and the blood drained from his face, in such a way that I realized that I had become the face of his pain. He got up, kind of shaking, hugged me and said 'I hate you. I really don't like you.' And I was like 'Wow, ok. Well, what's going on man?' And he said, 'I cannot sanction your buffoonery.' He did not want to work with me."

Jim Carrey Says BATMAN FOREVER Co-Star Tommy Lee Jones Hated Him
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=110135
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Jim shouldn't take it too hard. I don't think ol' Tommy likes anyone.

Tommy-Lee-Jones-Stare-Golden-Globes.gif

;)
    Jim shouldn't take it too hard. I don't think ol' Tommy likes anyone.

Tommy-Lee-Jones-Stare-Golden-Globes.gif

;)

"I cannot sanction your buffoonery" he finished him omg.
  • Funny considering Jones tried to 'out Jim Carrey' Jim Carrey as the movie progressed. He turned Harvey into one hell of a buffoon
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    It's kind of a strange comment considering how over the top Jones was as Two Face. Did he not read the script before accepting the role?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    pachazo wrote: »
    It's kind of a strange comment considering how over the top Jones was as Two Face. Did he not read the script before accepting the role?

I don't think anyone in that entire cast did, quite frankly. I mean, they couldn't have all be that thick back then, right? Honestly, what actor worth their salt would read that script beforehand and say to their agent, "Oh boy, this is a good one; I've gotta be a part of this."
  • Funny considering Jones tried to 'out Jim Carrey' Jim Carrey as the movie progressed. He turned Harvey into one hell of a buffoon

Exactly what I was thinking.

By the way, I might just have to start using "I cannot sanction your buffoonery" in everyday life now.
    Funny considering Jones tried to 'out Jim Carrey' Jim Carrey as the movie progressed. He turned Harvey into one hell of a buffoon

By the way, I might just have to start using "I cannot sanction your buffoonery" in everyday life now.

Same with me :D
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 1,107
    I don't if you now this but BATMAN: THE COMPLETE TV Series (1966) Coming to Blu-ray, DVD in November 11, 2014.
    I already pre-ordered it .
    http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complete-Series-Adam-West/dp/B00LT1JKN2

giphy.gif
    Now this is funny :D

Check Out Some Remastered Footage For BATMAN: THE COMPLETE TELEVISION SERIES
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheSewer/news/?a=110596
    Got this today ! :D

tumblr_neyqhkYz5k1rrkahjo1_r1_500.gif

• Dalton12 wrote: »

Last time I checked the price put me off a bit, though its a must buy at some stage.

Dalton12 wrote: »

Last time I checked the price put me off a bit, though its a must buy at some stage.

Man, this show looks so gorgeous on Blu-Ray.
    The colors are so fantastic, and the transfer is unbelievable. Seriously, there are some shots that you would swear were filmed 10 years ago.. It's THAT crisp.

I have no idea what the process of remastering film is, but the team who did this should seriously win an award or something.
  • Dalton12 wrote: »

Man, this show looks so gorgeous on Blu-Ray.
    The colors are so fantastic, and the transfer is unbelievable. Seriously, there are some shots that you would swear were filmed 10 years ago.. It's THAT crisp.

I have no idea what the process of remastering film is, but the team who did this should seriously win an award or something.

Must admit waited years for this release. Recently watched all 3 seasons again, do love the show. Season 3 had a serious drop in quality, though had its moments. Season 4 if only
    :(

No doubt comparable to TOS, bought all three seasons on Bluray and that was really impressive, admittedly with new special effects.
  • Just watched the unboxing! I want love how the box opens up, my eyes went wide ^:)^ :-bd
    Just watched the unboxing! I want love how the box opens up, my eyes went wide ^:)^ :-bd

Maybe Gotham TV show is a prequel to Batman 66 . :D

tumblr_newu4fBBxn1s2wio8o1_500.gif

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Fantastic pictures.
  • All of the Batman movies were the best.
    All of the Batman movies were the best.

Yes we now and also the characters are the best .

giphy.gif
    I don't now if anybody here reads batman comic books but if you do which one is you favorite or make a list.

My list:
    1.Batman Year One
    2.Dark Knight Returns
    3.The long Halloween
    4.Batman Hush
    5.Batman: The court of owls
  • I too love Court of Owls. Many of my friends immediately dismiss it just because it's 'New 52' and it's cool to hate it apparently.

That said, I have mixed feelings on Zero Year. Not sure if I like it or not, lol
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,432
    I don't now if anybody here reads batman comic books but if you do which one is you favorite or make a list.

My list:
    1.Batman Year One
    2.Dark Knight Returns
    3.The long Halloween
    4.Batman Hush
    5.Batman: The court of owls
    The killing Joke is one of the best, quite devasting and for me the end for the main protagonists.
    Batman kills the Joker in this graphic novel, that's the way I interprete the novel.
    My favorites:

First up is Miller's big two (before his lobotomy in the late 90s), Batman: Year One and The Dark Knight Returns. The former is the best Gordon story I've ever encountered in print and the latter speaks for itself.

Batman: The Long Halloween is my favorite of the Loeb and Sale creative team, putting the world's greatest detective in the middle of a case worthy of his talents. Dark Victory is an honorable mention, a great follow-up to this book.

Batman: Hush is another great Loeb-led book, with an interesting story taking us deeper into Bruce's past and absolutely awe-inspiring pencils by artist extraordinaire Jim Lee, whose comic work is amongst the best in the business.

Kingdom Come is a striking Batman-featured book that sees the aged crime fighter worn from his long years of service, requiring an exoskeleton to move around and robots to do most of his fighting for him. The story is epic in scale and intensity, a must read for all superhero lovers and comic fans.

Other honorable mentions are The Killing Joke and Mad Love.
    My favorites:

First up is Miller's big two (before his lobotomy in the late 90s), Batman: Year One and The Dark Knight Returns. The former is the best Gordon story I've ever encountered in print and the latter speaks for itself.

Batman: The Long Halloween is my favorite of the Loeb and Sale creative team, putting the world's greatest detective in the middle of a case worthy of his talents. Dark Victory is an honorable mention, a great follow-up to this book.

Batman: Hush is another great Loeb-led book, with an interesting story taking us deeper into Bruce's past and absolutely awe-inspiring pencils by artist extraordinaire Jim Lee, whose comic work is amongst the best in the business.

Kingdom Come is a striking Batman-featured book that sees the aged crime fighter worn from his long years of service, requiring an exoskeleton to move around and robots to do most of his fighting for him. The story is epic in scale and intensity, a must read for all superhero lovers and comic fans.

My favorites:

Nice list :) I agree about Hush Jim Lee is a great artist.
    Wonder what happened to Frank Miller he was so great.. Comics Like Batman Year One And Dark knight Returns and also his work on Daredevil but he just Isn't' the same like he lost his spark or something.
    I too love Court of Owls. Many of my friends immediately dismiss it just because it's 'New 52' and it's cool to hate it apparently.

That said, I have mixed feelings on Zero Year. Not sure if I like it or not, lol

Court of Owls is a great story and also the art is awesome. Snyder's script brings Gotham to life and fills the city with so much history and Capullo's artwork is beyond creative and praiseworthy. Smart and full of spectacle, this is something we're sure many of you are going to really, really, reaaaaally enjoy.

Batman kills the Joker in this graphic novel, that's the way I interprete the novel.

I agree. It’s a masterpiece on the relationship between Batman and The Joker. It compares and contrasts the characters and truly explains why The Joker is Batman’s greatest villain.