SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

How about... Christoph Waltz has signed for Bond24 and Mexico is another location to ad to the list we have ;) Baz news just came in.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,677
    Want bigger news than these?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588
    Bloody hell? Now that's news!
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Holy macaroni!!!!! My prediction is that he will play a minor character & an ally of Bond but who knows, he may and up playing the main villain.
    Yep. Discuss. I, for one, love that bit of casting.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    edited November 2014 Posts: 574
    Baz has Tweeted! Christoph Waltz for Bond 24!! yesssss!!

tweet

it will be like a reunion of Inglourious Basterds

inglourious-basterds.jpg
    Cannes 2013
    finch03.JPG
    We can now update our cast and locations!

Daniel Craig, Christoph Waltz, Lea Seydoux, Dave Bautista, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear

Obertilliach, Austria, London, England, Rome, Italy, Casablanca, Tangier, and Marrakesh, Morocco, and Mexico (I would assume Mexico City).
    There is NO WAY he will play the main villain. Sam Mendes often told the story of him meeting Ralph Fiennes back in 2010/2011 to talk about Bond 23 and how Fiennes thought that Mendes wanted him to play the villain before they actually met. Mendes is a clever guy he knows that everyone associates Waltz with the villain role and that it would be much more interesting for him to play someone who is either a good guy or a shady character but not the main baddie.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This

Is

Great

News!!!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Cp62j1q.gif
    WOOOOOOOO
    Brilliant news! Baddy or No baddy, a great addition to the cast. Frankly he has to be the baddy doesn't he? It's innevitable?
  • giphy.gif
    SO Excited!!!
    What do you think about Mexico as a location?
    Skyfall had 10 actors in a noteworthy role. 5 of them will return (Craig, Fiennes, Whishaw, Harris, Kinnear). The other 5 actors and their "replacements":

Bérénice Marlohe -> Léa Seydoux
    Ola Rapace -> Dave Bautista
    Javier Bardem -> ?
    Albert Finney -> ?
    Judi Dench -> ?

Will Waltz play the main baddie or will he have a smaller but not unsignificant role? Either way, I suspect Bond 24 will have two more great actors added to its cast list.
    I feel that it would be a terrible waste to not cast Waltz in a significant role as some sort of evil guy.
  • RC7RC7
    Love Waltz as an actor, but not doing backflips if I'm honest. Interested by Mexico however! Thought there would be one more international location.
    Skyfall had 10 actors in a noteworthy role. 5 of them will return (Craig, Fiennes, Whishaw, Harris, Kinnear). The other 5 actors and their "replacements":

Bérénice Marlohe -> Léa Seydoux
    Ola Rapace -> Dave Bautista
    Javier Bardem -> ?
    Albert Finney -> ?
    Judi Dench -> ?

Will Waltz play the main baddie or will he have a smaller but not unsignificant role? Either way, I suspect Bond 24 will have two more great actors added to its cast list.

Fiennes replaced Judi...
    Fiennes replaced Judi...

Yes, in the story, but that's not what I am talking about.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Brilliant news! Baddy or No baddy, a great addition to the cast. Frankly he has to be the baddy doesn't he? It's innevitable?

Yeah exactly. I don't understand why people would think he wouldn't be a villain of some sort. There is simply no explaination: Waltz will be a villain, I'd bet 13 quadrillion pounds on it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Very very nice to hear that a brilliant actor like Christoph Waltz will be joining the rest of the Bond alumnus. EON indeed are trying to surpass their former glory. Kudos to the Broccoli's.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Holy Macaroni & Pasta & Gnochi @PanchitoPistoles 8-}. I have.....have mentioned Christoph Waltz so so sooo many times. I was convinced that EON would go for another big name actor. I even mentioned it back in November 2012 in the topic with my opening post: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4746/bond-24-top-5-elements-bond-24-must-have-to-tackle-every-bit-of-criticism-that-surrounded-skyfall/p1 .

I'm...like.....are the Bond producers actually....listening to me :-P?? Well off course not, but it does feel like that hehe.

Anyway, if true, FAN-TAS-TIC choice! I am convinced Mr Christoph Waltz will do wonders for Bond 24! =P~

Yeah exactly. I don't understand why people would think he wouldn't be a villain of some sort. There is simply no explaination: Waltz will be a villain, I'd bet 13 quadrillion pounds on it.

He won't be the main villain exactly because that's what everybody expects. Back in 2011 everyone was saying that Ralph Fiennes would play the main villain of Bond 23.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Fantastic to have Christopher Waltz on board. Great news.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

He won't be the main villain exactly because that's what everybody expects. Back in 2011 everyone was saying that Ralph Fiennes would play the main villain of Bond 23.

No point in shooting down what we don't even know yet. 8-|
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Back in 2011 didn't we already know Bardem was the villain.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering