SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Matt_Helm wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    It would have been a great title, but don't think it will happen.

Good, but there is something missing. Fleming often twisted expressions for his titles (YOLT, LALD), or there was something unusual and intriguing in them (FRWL for a story set in the middle of the Cold War). To be truly Flemingesque, the mosaic would need to be different than other mosaics. Have a characteristic that is unique, or unlikely to characterise a mosaic.

Just my two cents.

Mosaic to my Ears?
    GoldenMosaic? ;)
    Die Mosaic, Die!

I think Mosaic would have been fine. Where's the twist in 'Risico', 'Thunderball', Moonraker, etc?

Mosaic implies a puzzle or complex system/organisation in my mind. Would be a good title for a Bond movie.

It's been used already at least once: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic_(film)

Why not combine it with something that sounds sinister or threatening. Say "The Ragnarök Mosaic".
    Admittedly a little bit Ludlum like.

Ludlum wrote a book in the early 80s called "The Parsifal Mosaic"
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Searched Bond 24 on Google and I came across a forum with people who found the same mosaic domain. Someone then remembered when there was a feature on the Skyfall website that allowed people to upload their own pictures to the website, where it became part of a large tiled picture of something to do with Skyfall. Looks like the same feature will be used for Bond 24's website.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Got excited when I saw Marketto post teaser art for 'Mosaic.' Was under the impression we finally had the name for B24!
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Hold the presses. Tennis in Bond 24 !?!? Some very exciting news: http://www.christianpost.com/news/james-bond-24-cast-news-indicate-a-tennis-pro-to-play-the-bond-girl-plane-crash-scene-spotted-129620/

Professional Indian tennis player Sania Mirza seems to be approached by the Bond producers to play a small, but significant Bond-girl role. Small, as in smaller than the leading Bond girl and the secondary Bond-girl played by Lea Seydoux. Apparently Bond is going to learn some serious tennis :-).

Sania-Mirza-8.jpg
    sania-mirza-30-d.jpg
    6979983.cms

I must say, if true, than I am quite excited. I always wondered why this lovely suave sports was never properly featured in a Bond film....at least not while seeing Bond playing tennis if you take into account Vijay from "Octopussy". Like Formula One, also tennis is one of those "gems" that do need a Bond treatment.

Alsoooo, perhaps Bond producers got some inspiration from "Devil May Care"? Dr. Gorner in that novel was playing tennis with 007. And, as Bond 24 features a heavy plane crash, perhaps it could be the villain's airplane flying below radar??
    I'm all for tennis being featured, but not Formula 1. Too Eurotrash.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Hold the presses. Tennis in Bond 24 !?!? Some very exciting news: http://www.christianpost.com/news/james-bond-24-cast-news-indicate-a-tennis-pro-to-play-the-bond-girl-plane-crash-scene-spotted-129620/

Professional Indian tennis player Sania Mirza seems to be approached by the Bond producers to play a small, but significant Bond-girl role. Small, as in smaller than the leading Bond girl and the secondary Bond-girl played by Lea Seydoux. Apparently Bond is going to learn some serious tennis :-).

Sania-Mirza-8.jpg
    sania-mirza-30-d.jpg
    6979983.cms

I must say, if true, than I am quite excited. I always wondered why this lovely suave sports was never properly featured in a Bond film....at least not while seeing Bond playing tennis if you take into account Vijay from "Octopussy". Like Formula One, also tennis is one of those "gems" that do need a Bond treatment.

Alsoooo, perhaps Bond producers got some inspiration from "Devil May Care"? Dr. Gorner in that novel was playing tennis with 007. And, as Bond 24 features a heavy plane crash, perhaps it could be the villain's airplane flying below radar??

Where are you from @Ludovico ;-)?

Rush did the Eurotrash thing perfectly. Great little film.
    Montreal. Where formula 1 is the trashiest, more vulgar sport there is.
  • Getafix wrote: »

I loved "Rush". A shame it wasn't nominated for an Oscar. Also a timeless classic is "Grand Prix", from 1966. Must see :-). Even my country Netherlands is a location in that film hehe.

Maybe but Eurotrash is not for Bond.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I've read the news link (Christian Post?) and I'm not buying it at all.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Sony Pix is an Indian television channel that is going to start a Bondathon next 22nd of November. Sania Mirza will "share secrets" during the Festival... as a hostess or copresenter.

No Bond girl, this time, but good effort, @Gustav_Graves ;) :D
  • ggl007 wrote: »
    Sony Pix is an Indian television channel that is going to start a Bondathon next 22nd of November. Sania Mirza will "share secrets" during the Festival... as a hostess or copresenter.

No Bond girl, this time, but good effort, @Gustav_Graves ;) :D

Guste os mentioning this news about her presenting on Sony Pix. Established news channel Zeereis mentioned the role for her...in Bond 24. It could be a nice tie-in.

It's all a rumour yes. But ditching the rumour entirely is a bit too early...
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I loved "Rush". A shame it wasn't nominated for an Oscar. Also a timeless classic is "Grand Prix", from 1966. Must see :-). Even my country Netherlands is a location in that film hehe.
    Rush was a very fine movie that was accurately executed with the atmosphere it was portraying, I enjoyed every bit of it. And yes, Grand Prix also goes down as one of my all time favourite sports films. However, I have to agree with @Getafix that Formula One (well, not to call it Eurotrash, because I love that sport) isn't for a Bond film. Take Donald Campbell's Bluebird, for instance. I see Bond getting along with that particular vehicle, and no, not in the manners of Die Another Day. I'd say have him gamble with the villain. Remember the horse race from A View To A Kill? And Zorin luring Bond into traps? That would be a good call to make homage to.
    Based on what we know I am going to guess (and this is just a guess (But i still feel I should put spoilers around it in case I am right)
    The Film is going to open up In an action sequence in Morocco
    The Plane Crash in Austria is goiong to be essential to the plot and probably bond's mission Sopmeting on their is either going to be a threat to the world or to MI6 or it will be a virus etc.
    Bond Begins his search in Austria where he meet Hinx who is a member of Quantum and working for the main villian.
    A ski Chase happenes here as well as Fight
    We meet the main villian In Rome where he Is discussing their plans to seel whatever was on the plane to the highest bidder.
    Bond meet Lea Sedaux and sleeps with her in Austria
    Lea is Killed (either by Hinx if she really is good or by Bond if she is bad )
    Bond then heads to Rome to stop the sale
    an Amazing Car Chase happens in rome
    Bond Kills Hinx and meets the Main Bond Girl Gala Brand.. (Based on the fact the Certain plainer looking actress were screen tested for the part my guess is we finally get Brand)
    Bond and Brand Bang in rome
    Bond and Brand Head to Morcoo where the villian has retrteated
    Climax happens here
    the film ends with Brand thanking him for their time together but goes off to her husband

Thoughts?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited November 2014 Posts: 3,157

I was going to post this as well. It's an interesting coincidence considering that last summer The Sun reported that Bond 24 would be an adaptation of Devil May Care. Had the latter book featured a snowy location, I would surely believe that The Sun was right. But since there is no snowy location in Devil May Care, I doubt that plot will be used for Bond 24.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Based on what we know I am going to guess (and this is just a guess (But i still feel I should put spoilers around it in case I am right)
    The Plane Crash in Austria is goiong to be essential to the plot and probably bond's mission Sopmeting on their is either going to be a threat to the world or to MI6 or it will be a virus etc.
    Bond Begins his search in Austria where he meet Hinx who is a member of Quantum and working for the main villian.
    We meet the main villian In Rome where he Is discussing their plans to seel whatever was on the plane to the highest bidder.
    Bond Kills Hinx and meets the Main Bond Girl Gala Brand.. (Based on the fact the Certain plainer looking actress were screen tested for the part my guess is we finally get Brand)
    Climax happens here
    the film ends with Brand thanking him for their time together but goes off to her husband

Thoughts?

I'm surely going to save this and will come back and read it after I've seen Bond 24.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

Well even so I would think that the way it is handled still has a little bit more class than the American Indianapolis style crash feasts,I fail to see the point in car races anyway. This is people driving in circles. Period.
  • Hold the presses. Tennis in Bond 24 !?!? Some very exciting news: http://www.christianpost.com/news/james-bond-24-cast-news-indicate-a-tennis-pro-to-play-the-bond-girl-plane-crash-scene-spotted-129620/

Sania-Mirza-8.jpg
    sania-mirza-30-d.jpg
    6979983.cms

I don't mind tennis if it befits the story,but she is definitely not bond material. Considering what extremely hot cookies they are baking over there in India she must be considered definitely sub standard ( just Bond wise of course.I don't consider her ugly,so don't get me wrong.)
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »

Sania-Mirza-8.jpg
    sania-mirza-30-d.jpg
    6979983.cms

I don't mind tennis if it befits the story,but she is definitely not bond material. Considering what extremely hot cookies they are baking over there in India she must be considered definitely sub standard ( just Bond wise of course.I don't consider her ugly,so don't get me wrong.)

Still, what do you prefer. An actress being doubled by a professional tennis player.......in which the double is completely "CGI-faced" with the actresses face? Or simply a small role (think: Valenka, "CR") in which we can credibly see a girl playing real tennis?

Moreover, this IS most likely a rumour concerning a very small role. And if the tennis plays an integral part in "Bond 24", just like gold did in "Goldfinger", then I really don't see the problem.
    Walecs wrote: »

I was going to post this as well. It's an interesting coincidence considering that last summer The Sun reported that Bond 24 would be an adaptation of Devil May Care. Had the latter book featured a snowy location, I would surely believe that The Sun was right. But since there is no snowy location in Devil May Care, I doubt that plot will be used for Bond 24.
    Climax happens here

Thoughts?

I'm surely going to save this and will come back and read it after I've seen Bond 24.

and If I am right what do i get?

anyone else have ideas of how the locations will play out in Bond 24?
    Matt_Helm wrote: »

Sania-Mirza-8.jpg
    sania-mirza-30-d.jpg
    6979983.cms

Still, what do you prefer. An actress being doubled by a professional tennis player.......in which the double is completely "CGI-faced" with the actresses face? Or simply a small role (think: Valenka, "CR") in which we can credibly see a girl playing real tennis?

Moreover, this IS most likely a rumour concerning a very small role. And if the tennis plays an integral part in "Bond 24", just like gold did in "Goldfinger", then I really don't see the problem.

I'd rather have an actress playing a tennis player than a tennis player trying to be a professional actress. Was Robert Shaw a real professional killer?
    Matt_Helm wrote: »

Sania-Mirza-8.jpg
    sania-mirza-30-d.jpg
    6979983.cms

If I remember rightly she was involved in some controversy a while back because she married a Pakistani cricketer over the phone or something. Can't remember the exact details.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'll keep an eye out for Baz Bamigboye's new article tonight. I have a feeling it will be about Bond 24
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    and If I am right what do i get?

The satisfaction of being right. Isn't that it enough?
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    I saw a bullshat article about some Indian tennis star being the Bond girl in 24 because they would be filming in India. So I guess that means I have no actual news to share.

What a joke.
    I wonder if was also Sania Mirza in that article. I would have believed the latest article if she had not been tweeting about it! I do believe that she will be a host for this Bondathon but knows that people will think she is in Bond 24.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'll keep an eye out for Baz Bamigboye's new article tonight. I have a feeling it will be about Bond 24

Problem is that this has been said the last 2 Thursday nights?
  • RC7RC7
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

Problem is that this has been said the last 2 Thursday nights?

Problem is that everyone needs to chill out a bit.
    Something interesting that I just discovered. I thought that From The Shadows would be a perfect title for Bond 24, so I tried searching the domain on who.is.net. Every time I tried searching for the title (eg. jamesbondfromtheshadows.com, or fromtheshadowsfilm.com) it says that there's an error in the search. However when I search any other domain (eg. Skyfallthefilm.net, etc.) it shows up. Could EON possibly have put a block on the domain?
    Wow, people are really going crazy in this thread! Can't wait for some official news!
    lets see some fan art for From the Shadows and discuss that as potential news i guess ;)