Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• How is Call of Duty: Ghosts? I only ask because I noticed there's a huge sale on the Prestige Edition on Amazon
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, World at War, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops II.
  • Does anyone with experience know if Injustice on the PS4 is 'better looking' enough to warrant a purchase? I have it on PS3 but I'm noticing it's as low as $15 in some places
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 40,372
    Does anyone with experience know if Injustice on the PS4 is 'better looking' enough to warrant a purchase? I have it on PS3 but I'm noticing it's as low as $15 in some places

'Injustice' is coming to PlayStation Plus on the PS4 for free in December. I'd say wait a month and see for yourself for the price of free (given that you have PS Plus).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-14780-PS-Plus-Instant-Game-Collection-Line-Ups-Revealed-for-Dec--14-and-Jan--15.html

@Walecs, agreed. I loved how they worked with the harder difficulties in that game. The same thing goes for GE 64, since it was developed by the same company: the harder it gets, the more you have to tackle.
  • AWESOME I was going to get GTA5 on the PS4 anyway but now I've read that they've added 'First Person Mode'!! Now I'm getting it day one!!

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Fps.jpg
    GTA-V-first-person.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    AWESOME I was going to get GTA5 on the PS4 anyway but now I've read that they've added 'First Person Mode'!! Now I'm getting it day one!!

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Fps.jpg
    GTA-V-first-person.jpg

That's supposed to be on a PS4? Yikes, it looks the same as last-gen graphics.
    Smash Bros. for 3DS. Far and away, the Nintendo 3DS has become my favorite portable gaming system, as it offers several titles I love that I can play on the go. Having Smash Bros. on the run is nice, even if it's a little watered down from the home console version.
  • @FoxRox Is this a glitch or do you have my avatar?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @FoxRox Is this a glitch or do you have my avatar?
    On my screen he's got his usual Dr. No profile picture.

Yeah, the first person graphics (and gameplay) for next-gen 'GTA V' don't look that stellar. But, the third person videos I've seen look phenomenal. Went and paid off over half of the cost of my copy last night, can't wait to sink my teeth into it over Thanksgiving Break.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Dishonored - GOTY (PS3)

It was down to this, and Thief, I went for this. This game really does offer multiple routes. The last mission I did was the High Overseer Campbell mission.
    I used a tranquilizer on both Campbell & Curnow, I then took Campbell to the torture room and branded him a heretic, then I returned to the Office, and carried Curnow out onto the balcony, and back to safety.
  • The last video game I played is Batman Arkham Origins and Lego Marvel Superhero game.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Nightfire!! Only have the PC version which is a little watered down but I love the multiplayer!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    GTA V on the PS4. It looks simply amazing.

FlWkbjO.jpg
  • Oh is that out TODAY?
    Oh is that out TODAY?
    Yep, today was the big launch.
  • The Last Video Game I played is Lego Marvel Superheros. I like playing it because i like playing as lego Hulk.
  • I braved the cold weather and bought GTA5 on the PS4. The graphics are better than ever and first person is a total game changer! Remember what a big deal it was when MGS3 Subsistance came out and it added the camera rotation and it was like a whole new game? It's like that!
    You can easily switch back and forth by hitting the big rectangle button on the center of the controller . I have it set up so that on foot it's in first person, and when I enter a vehicle it's third person. I did try first person all the way but I was seriously getting dizzy in any car! It REALLY shakes.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I braved the cold weather and bought GTA5 on the PS4. The graphics are better than ever and first person is a total game changer! Remember what a big deal it was when MGS3 Subsistance came out and it added the camera rotation and it was like a whole new game? It's like that!
    You can easily switch back and forth by hitting the big rectangle button on the center of the controller . I have it set up so that on foot it's in first person, and when I enter a vehicle it's third person. I did try first person all the way but I was seriously getting dizzy in any car! It REALLY shakes.
    Kinda reminds me of the classic Hitman mechanics. Whenever I get a PS4, i'm getting GTA5 on it. :D
  • I finished Alien Isolation a bit ago. Really good game but it was a bit repetitive and got frustrating towards the end, which is a shame because most of it was fantastic. Brilliant graphics, unbearably tense gameplay, a great story and tons of atmosphere. It's the Alien game I've always wanted and it's definetely my game of the year so far.

10/10

What do all of you think the best game of this year has been?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wow really? I love the alien movies but the games have been meh for me. Is it really that good?
  • @doubleoego I think it is yeah but your opinion might be different, it got pretty mixed reviews. It is pretty repetitive and I did find it frustratingly difficult at times (and I was playing on the easiest difficulty like I do with all games).

I'd say if you're an Alien fan, it's definetely worth looking into. Watch some reviews and videos of it beforehand though, to see if you think you'll enjoy it or not because it seems to be one of those games you either love or hate.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    What do all of you think the best game of this year has been?

I enjoyed both Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments and Murdered: Soul Suspect. Though I don't expect either to make it onto many 'best of 2014' lists.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @doubleoego I think it is yeah but your opinion might be different, it got pretty mixed reviews. It is pretty repetitive and I did find it frustratingly difficult at times (and I was playing on the easiest difficulty like I do with all games).

I'd say if you're an Alien fan, it's definetely worth looking into. Watch some reviews and videos of it beforehand though, to see if you think you'll enjoy it or not because it seems to be one of those games you either love or hate.

Thanks, I'll definitely look into it.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Played The Godfather II a few weeks ago, not a bad game, in fact a very good one. Some of the mechanics bothered me but, it's quite entertaining if you want to fill the emptiness of your time with something.
    Played The Godfather II a few weeks ago, not a bad game, in fact a very good one. Some of the mechanics bothered me but, it's quite entertaining if you want to fill the emptiness of your time with something.

My thoughts exactly: very fun and a great game to spend a solid few days with for pure entertainment. I know I enjoyed my time with it when I played it back on the 360.

For me, it's been 'Destiny' and 'GTA V' lately. I have a few movies to burn through, but after they're done, I'll be restarting my single player journey on 'GTA V.' Only got through a mission or two this week due to the girlfriend being sick, but now that I'm home for a solid week, I want to start fresh and dig in.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

have either of you guys played the Mafia games??... i own Mafia II, and it is an amazing game - not as expansive of an open world as GTA, but it's still a blast driving through a fictional 1950s NYC while listening to Sinatra lol... it literally felt like i was playing a video game version of Goodfellas, it was just a lot of fun - i couldn't put the game down.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

have either of you guys played the Mafia games??... i own Mafia II, and it is an amazing game - not as expansive of an open world as GTA, but it's still a blast driving through a fictional 1950s NYC while listening to Sinatra lol... it literally felt like i was playing a video game version of Goodfellas, it was just a lot of fun - i couldn't put the game down.
    I have, @haserot. I played them both and I loved them. The story, the plot, the characters, the accuracy of its own time and genre, it was definitely The Godfather and Goodfellas done differently. Highly recommended to those who have never played it. And yes, I loved the 1950s setting and the songs within.
    I played the first 'Mafia' when I was a kid, but I don't remember much. I played 'Mafia II' and absolutely loved it. They did a great job of creating a realistic sense of the 50's, and the game played oh so well. Very, very fun.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I played the first 'Mafia' when I was a kid, but I don't remember much. I played 'Mafia II' and absolutely loved it. They did a great job of creating a realistic sense of the 50's, and the game played oh so well. Very, very fun.
    @Creasy47, didn't it pain you to be in control of the character that kills the hero from the first game? It did to me! :-S