Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Blood Stone is the better game.
    Wow, I just played the first few missions in Blood Stone and I'm very impressed. It works beautifully with 3 monitors. I'm liking the story as well.
    Downloaded Red Dead Redemption for £6.50. Haven't played in nearly 4 years. Only 10 minutes in and I'd forgotten just how bloody good it is.

Plus, this is the first time I'm playing it on a HD TV and in Dolby 5.1.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Downloaded Red Dead Redemption for £6.50. Haven't played in nearly 4 years. Only 10 minutes in and I'd forgotten just how bloody good it is.

Plus, this is the first time I'm playing it on a HD TV and in Dolby 5.1.

Congratulations, mate. As far as gaming experiences go, it doesn't get much better than RDR. My friend and I often get together and fool around with it. The last time we hung out before we both headed to our respective colleges, we cleaned out Blackwater's high stakes poker room and earned over 12,000 chips. It's also fun to make the Blackwater storeowners shoot at you, which makes the police fire on them, and as they take forever to die, it's quite amusing to watch the euphoria physics at work. Great, great fun.
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl - I game I've almost 100%'ed and could play almost any day.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I did something my friends thought impossible: I was good at using Snake on Brawl.
    I did something my friends thought impossible: I was good at using Snake on Brawl.

I didn't think it was possible for anyone to be good at Snake haha. If you couldn't tell, Fox is my go-to guy. I love the Star Fox series.
    I beat several rounds with Snake. Grenades and remote controlled rockets, man, it's the wave of the future.
  • Played the last episode of Walking Dead yesterday and f**k me it was sad. That choice at the end was so hard and even though I think I did the right thing, I'm thinking about playing that bit again just so I can change it.
    I didn't go with Bonny and Mike and I chose Kenny over Jane so in the end it was down to me, Kenny and the baby when we got to that sanctuary place but they said they had no room. Kenny managed to convinced them to take Clementine and the baby because they're just kids. You get to choose whether you stay with him or do what he wants and go to live at this sanctuary. I decided he was right, the baby wouldn't last and Clementine deserved somewhere safe so she could have a proper childhood. So I let him leave and went to live at this place. But I'm thinking about replaying it and going with Kenny because he'd lost enough as it is and I think at this point, he needs looking after more than Clem even though she's a kid.

I think the ending was probably just as sad as the end of the first season, where Lee dies and Clementine has to shoot him to stop him being a zombie. Speaking of Lee it was nice to see him referenced plenty of times in this episode. Kenny talked about him a bit and then he even had a cameo at one point, when Clem was knocked out (I won't spoil how as it's pretty surprising) and while unconcious she had a dream where she woke up in the RV they used to have, and everything past Lily being abandoned in the first season was just a bad dream, and that Lee and Kennys family were actually still alive. I actually got excited then thinking it was real and Lee was still alive but I knew it was too good to be true :( It was nice to see Lee again though and speak to him.

He gave good advice too (sometimes you have to hurt others to help the people you care about), which helped me later in the episode when
    you can either shoot Kenny or let him kill Jane

Not sure how the third season will play out. If that sanctuary actually is a sanctuary then I think that's the end of Clementine's story and Kenny will be the playable character.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Madden 15 (PS4).... the best Madden NFL game i've played in a very long time.
    Tetris, is still my favorite game, and I love playing that on an ancient gameboy (14 years old)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Tetris, is still my favorite game, and I love playing that on an ancient gameboy (14 years old)

The only game I play, but not often.
    SaintMark wrote: »

The only game I play, but not often.

the same applies to me.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Five Nights at Freddy's.
    4a1ea32533fbd57c77d6f0d778df43e9.png

I was given this as a gift by a friend. I didn't know what it was at first, but I gave it a shot and was very impressed. It's a simple point and click survival game. You work as a security guard in a Chuck e Cheese type restaurant and have to keep an eye on the animatronic animals that wonder the restaurant at night as they try to get you. The game has a great atmosphere and plays on your paranoia. You have to conserve power as you use the security cameras and Blast doors if they get in the room next to yours. And I don't really need to explain what happens if your not fast enough to lock yourself in. Fun little scary game that feels like something from the mid 1990's. And worth a look for just $4.99 on steam.
    That thing looks like it came right the hell out of Donnie Darko.
  • Titanfall

This is game is amazing! Parkour and giant robots. Sooo much fun. I snapped a guys neck, jumped off a building, landed on a zipline then jumped off that and got my titan (the giant robots) to reach out, grab me in mid air and then put me inside. So then I was driving it and I started fighting another titan and when I'd got his health down, I ripped the robot open, grabbed the bloke inside and crushed him.

Plus if you're like me and you're normally crap at games like this, don't worry. There's a gun called the smart pistol that does the aiming for you and if fighting real people gets too tough there are also loads of computer controlled soldiers called grunts. These are a piece of piss to kill, it's pretty much impossible for them to kill you, they're crap shots. So even if you're terrible like me you can still earn some points to level up and help your team win. And they make the game feel much more alive too because there's loads of them so bullets are constantly flying.

This game is miles better than Call Of Duty and Battlefield imo.

I'm really liking my Xbox One so far. The controller is the best I've ever used, Kinect is great, the graphics are great and it's all so smooth. I can go from playing a game to watching a Youtube video, watching Netflix, etc, in literally a second just by telling it to. And I plugged the sky box into it so I can go straight to watching TV too. The AV button on the telly remote is f***ing useless now :P

Cost me over 400 quid but I think it's worth it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Resident Evil: Revelations (HD - PS3)

Continuing to catch up on the RE games that I miseed (the last one, chronologically, that I played was Resident Evil 4). Having completed RE6 (some decent sequences, but a bit too much action for RE), I moved on to Revelations. Early impressions so far? JILL'S BACK... *clears throaght and regains composure*. Yeah, Jill is my favourite RE character. I have also picked up a Copy of RE5: Gold Edition, but I wont start that until I have completed Revelations.
    Sadly, in order to do the next chronological segment of the story, you have to beat RE5 up to Chapter 3-2. RE5 is pretty boring from 1-1 to 3-2. That's about a whole third of the game.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments (PS3)

If The Testament Of Sherlock Holmes allowed gamers to control Holmes, Crimes And Punishments allows gamers inside Holmes' mind. So far,I have liked the game mechanics I have used. Holmes & Watson look the same, though it sound like Watson is voiced by a different actor. I'm still on the first case, so I have not had much experience of the interrogation methods. If I had one complaint so far, it's that the game could be a bit more clear as to how we're supposed to proceed.

The Last of Us, PS3

Brilliant game, all I need to say.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Destiny' (PS4)

Oddly enough, I'm really enjoying this game. I played both the alpha and beta versions of the game, and I was filled with complaints of how repetitive, dull, and uninspired the entire game felt. But, it was a small portion of the game (or so I thought), and didn't want to write off the end product. I got the game about a week after it was released and I've enjoyed it ever since. Does it get incredibly repetitive? Absolutely. Shoot enemies, they respawn, shoot enemies, they respawn. Get online to play Crucible (their PvE multiplayer) and it's the same thing. The game attempts to label itself as an MMO, but most of the planets contain huge maps that contain almost nothing to explore or find in them.

But, what gets me the most about the game is the leveling up system: it can be pretty illogical at times, but I just love re-doing missions and gathering supplies in an attempt to rank myself up one more level. Acquiring new weapons, ships, shaders, armor, etc. is real exciting to me. The gunplay itself is pretty entertaining, too, so while the mechanics and customization aren't bad, the other half of the game just feels lacking. Still, I'm enjoying it. It'll get some more playtime out of me until mid-November when I have a good four games I'll be getting in the span of one week.
    Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishment

I have now finished the last case. All in all, it has been a fantastic game, being allowed inside Holmes' mind to solve the crimes. TESTAMENT was enjoyable enough, but this is just so much better. Rather than one single case as TESTAMENT, CRIMES features 6 unconnected cases which takes gamers' to locations such as 221b Baker St, to Whitechapel alleyways, to Kew Gardens, Archaeological dig sites, a spit n' sawdust pub and many more.
    The Deduction board from TESTAMENT has been reworked as a synapse system that fires up as you collect more clues. Not all clues need to be found to solve each case, but the outcome will be affected.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    So how did you do, @MajorDSmythe? Is the deduction gameplay as difficult and ruthless as I've heard?
    edited October 2014 Posts: 13,894
    Well, it is possible to send an innocent person down for a crime they didn't commit. Some of the clues have two possibilities that branch of the direction of the investigation. If a case has, for example, 20 clues in total, you could solve the case with 14, but by looking for all 20, you can solve the case with a different outcome.
    The interrogations aren't based on watching the facial expressions of a suspect, but there is one part of the game, where Holmes has to arm wrestle a sailor, and the key to winning the game is to watch the expression of the sailor. That took a few replays to win, I can tell you.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    GTA; Vice City

I haven't played Vice City in donkey years. And my God was it fun. Old skool baby!. It was like I was 14 all over again. Ah, memories. I was worried that Vice City would not be as good as I remembered, but not one jot of it. Granted the graphics may look a trifle dated, but the gameplay is second to none. A real mix between action and fun. Even "Demolition Man" I found fun, although it was intense. (If you played that mission, you'll know what I'm on about).

Probably the best GTA game; not quite as bloated as San Andreas; more engaging than GTA 3, and certainly more fun than GTA 4. Futhermore it has the best protagonist in the franchises history; Tommy Vercetti.

9/10
    Has anyone played 'Wolfenstein: The New Order'? I almost picked it up last night, but 'Destiny' has me hooked and I wasn't sure how much I'd play it before the bigger releases I want to get in November.
    LA Noire
    Alien Isolation

Me likey so far. This was an Alien game I had to buy.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I have been playing Perfect Dark a lot in the last weeks, still trying to 100% the game. One of the best games I've ever played, but one of the hardest too.
    @Walecs, when I had my 360, I bought 'Perfect Dark' for $10 or so and FINALLY managed to beat the game. I could never beat that final level on the N64 when I was a kid. One of my proudest gaming moments, I'd say. Felt incredible.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    @Creasy47 Yeah, it took me some time to understand the best tacticts to beat the final boss.
    One of the thing that I love in the game is that when you play on harder difficulties you must complete more objectives.
    Now I still need to obtain some of the crowns on the Xbox Live version before I can actually say that the game is complete.