The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

I just don't think there's any justification for wearing a double breasted suit unless you're appearing in a 1930s gangster movie.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    His hair his fine. The glasses are a big fat no-no and I agree, double breasted suits just don't cut it in this day and age, although, it is a very nice db suit he's wearing but in general principle-no. Just no.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 1,661
    Slightly concerning about Craig's appearance in recent photos. Does look a lot older.

I didn't even recognize him! We all get older :( but he appears to be aging rather badly so I don't know if there will be much demand - from some Bond fans, not all, of course - for him to make a fifth Bond film.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,425
    Well, to be fair to DC, the years have rapidly gone by. He was announced as a fresh faced new rookie Bond in 2005, with CR out in 2006. It's 9 year's later and DC is only just starting filming on his fourth movie. Connery had made DN, FRWL, GF, TB, YOLT, left the series and been replaced, returned and made a final sixth film in pretty much the timescale that DC has been able to release 3 films.

And remember how Sean looked by DAF...

Neither Sean nor DC seem to be particularly clean living. DC is just ageing, as you expect.

It's a shame he couldn't have released at least 4 films by now. And for me it was a bit of waste to use SF to portray washed-up older Bond when we'd only just seen him evolve from rookie during the course of QoS.

And somehow I can't see DC getting a Rog-stlye face lift. Thank god.

I guess we can mainly thank MGM's problems in between the filming of QoS and SF for all this.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,400
    I can't really complain about the glasses as I have a very similar prescription pair (I'm a pretentious dick).

I think the look here is PERFECT. He looks totally like James Bond. I am not too against the buzzcut in SF and if it was to make a return I could live with it. For me the perfect hair on DC was the mop he rocked in QOS, this looks very similar to his QOS hair. Please keep it!

I don't think he looks old at all. If anything when I saw the photos of him in Morocco he looked very similar to his CR self imo. I think he looks cool as fuck in those London photos, seeing them has got me excited for Bond 24 all over again.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I hope B25 won't be much longer after B24. It's good that DC has interest in the role, unlike SC in later films. If B25 is released 2017 it will be 11 years since CR, only one year less than RM Bond era. But, if it would be pushed to 2018 it would be 12, same amount of years as RM, only two films less than he did.

. If anything when I saw the photos of him in Morocco he looked very similar to his CR self imo. .

Now thats he redeaming fact for me here, as indeed I was thinking the same when seeing tbem.

• RC7RC7
    Getafix wrote: »
    I just don't think there's any justification for wearing a double breasted suit unless you're appearing in a 1930s gangster movie.

Agreed.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Welcome to the Gentleman's Fashion Thread!
    By jolly, our Danny Craig truly lives like James Bond no ;-) http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11525&t=mi6&s=news . I adore him! Let Craig stay for Bond 25 and Bond 26 as well! If Tom Cruise can stay Ethan Hunt for such a long time, then Danny can do it too!!
    I think he will look his impeccable best once again once Bond 24 starts filming!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited October 2014 Posts: 45,489
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    OMG they make him look old!!! :-O

Because he is.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Why? The suits in Inception looked fantastic.

• RC7RC7
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Why? The suits in Inception looked fantastic.

If Bond turned up on Saville Row in 2014 looking for a double-breasted he'd be told to leave. Immediately.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Roger Moore called. He wants his glasses back.
  • tqbtqb
    Im a craig fan but damn he's looking older now
    I thought he was looking a lot older in Skyfall already. He doesn't look great here, but it's a paparazzi photo and he is wearing a clown outfit and comedy glasses to be fair. I'm sure he'll scrub up reasonably well for Bond 24, although you do you have to wonder whether you can really string out to 5 films. As I said before, just a real shame that he hasn't been able to make more films in the last nine years. I have no doubt that Eon will want to make at least one more and I think that Craig is actually really enjoying himself now as bond as well. I don't think he will want to walk away from it any time soon. I'm repeating myself again but it's a shame they didn't save the whole over the hill older bond story from Skyfall for one of DCs fifth or sixth films. I'm not sure that they can go down that route again with the same actor.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I think that Blood Stone could have been DC's third film. They could have fixed the cliffhanger ending of the game by making the PTS in SF be Bond chasing after Patrice who might be working for that secret organization which would later be revealed to one of Silva's plans. Well, that's just an idea how it could have worked.
  • tqbtqb
    I thought he was looking a lot older in Skyfall already.
    However, Narratively Bond was supposed to be older in SF. Im sure he could see a good dermatologist that would make him look a little younger. He's stayed in good shape though which helps. The shorter his hair the older he looks too. But makeup and stuff makes a big difference too.
    tqb wrote: »
    I thought he was looking a lot older in Skyfall already.
    However, Narratively Bond was supposed to be older in SF. Im sure he could see a good dermatologist that would make him look a little younger. He's stayed in good shape though which helps. The shorter his hair the older he looks too. But makeup and stuff makes a big difference too.

Agreed. Sure they can spruce him up a bit if necessary.

Really hoping we just get Bond firing on all cylinders for B24. No mummy issues (thank god!) and no nonsense about going rogue etc.

I was saying the same thing before SF, and ended up severely disappointed, but I do feel optimistic that this could be a really good one.
  • Can anyone tell if that's a regular iPhone 6 or an iPhone 6 Plus in Daniel's hand there?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Can anyone tell if that's a regular iPhone 6 or an iPhone 6 Plus in Daniel's hand there?

Definately.

dciphone6.jpg
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Exactly 9 years ago, Daniel Craig was announced as the new James Bond. http://jbbr.co/1w4s1F7

press200504.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Crikey what an awful suit.
    How time flies when your having fun! Remember the day vividly! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wonder what all the whiners who made light of Dan in a life preserver are thinking now? Actually, I'm sure many of them went on to purchase the domain name of DCINB.com! Ah, who needs 'em? ;)
    What about the hair?
    What about the hair?

Invasion hair. Didn't Brosnan sport a beard?

• edited October 2014 Posts: 115
    Germanlady wrote: »
    What about the hair?

Invasion hair. Didn't Brosnan sport a beard?

he did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCobVJmIOow