SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Daniel in Marrakesh with Mark Strong. Just because they are best buddies or is thhere another reason?

10409121_10204206009821681_7130547042598872015_n_zps70dd378b.jpg

credit DTD
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Daniel in Marrakesh with Mark Strong. Just because they are best buddies or is thhere another reason?

Nice find @Germanlady. Could be a clue to a casting possibility. Strong is certainly a very good actor, and one I wouldn't be opposed to seeing in a Bond film. Seems strange that he would accompany Craig on a scouting recce . Though as you mentioned they are good friends. So we could be reading to much into it.
    Still any news or info no matter how big or small can be shared in this thread. After a while all the pieces of the puzzle fit together.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Mark Strong is Blofeld!

• edited September 2014 Posts: 3,169
    They have been shooting 'Grimsby' in South Africa with Mark Strong lately. So maybe a stopover for him, on the way back to U.K.?

That guy in the middle.... who's he? Looks like Hoon Lee from the TV-series 'Banshee'
    If they film in Casablanca -beautiful colonial city- then I think Morocco will be Morocco and it won't be doubling for another region.

And if filming there only lasts 15 days, then probably it won't be the main location for Bond 24 no?

It said: "filming in Morocco is expected to last 15 days with the principal cast"

The 2. unit could basically be filming there much longer. 15 days of outdoor filming with the main cast + 2.unit establishing shots and actionshots + the indoor scenes most likely filmed at Pinewood could amount to a main location for Morocco.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 4,400
    This is quite interesting. Mark Strong was very nearly in Skyfall:

and the pair do have a history working with each other:
    schul_2180889a.jpg
    Actually I doubt it means a thing, as otherwise they would have avoided even inofficial pics for sure.
  • I came up with a great title, referring to the city:

"The Dame From Casablanca"

My God......it sounds awesome. Let's ask Babs & Michael to change it right now. LOL, just joking :-P.
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Actually I doubt it means a thing, as otherwise they would have avoided even inofficial pics for sure.

I would agree.
    I came up with a great title, referring to the city:

"The Dame From Casablanca"

My God......it sounds awesome. Let's ask Babs & Michael to change it right now. LOL, just joking :-P.

I wouldn't mind a geographical location being part of the title at all.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 9,779
    What are the vague potential plot details
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote: »

Bond infiltrates the villains inner circle while in Morroco by gaining employment as an air steward (apparently he plays it camp to avoid suspicion) working private jets. He forces a private jet carrying the main villain down over Austria, but in the struggle between Bond, the pilot and a refreshment trolley - it crashes.
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    Aw, Mark Strong would be a great addition. Doubt it though, as you guys say, they'd have not posed for snapshots, would they?
  • Unless, maybe, the press conference is so imminent, they won't bother trying to hide it? #wishfulthinking
  • RC7 wrote: »

Bond infiltrates the villains inner circle while in Morroco by gaining employment as an air steward (apparently he plays it camp to avoid suspicion) working private jets. He forces a private jet carrying the main villain down over Austria, but in the struggle between Bond, the pilot and a refreshment trolley - it crashes.

where is this from??
  • RC7 wrote: »

where is this from??

@JamesBondde. This is called British (or American?) humour :-P. @RC7 is just fooling around hehe.
  • :) I was just thinking because the headline now also says "Vague Potential Plot Details"... did I miss something?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    :) I was just thinking because the headline now also says "Vague Potential Plot Details"... did I miss something?
    Something about a plane has been debated...

• I really hope Mark Strong is Blofeld!!!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Casablanca looks so beautifully exotic and luxurious.
  • RC7RC7
    Not that it's a problem, but I find it peculiar Bond is shooting in Casablanca and MI:5 an hour down the road in Rabat.
    I am just coming to this thread when the title is changed :D

What are the vague plot details ? :)
    RC7 wrote: »
    I find it peculiar Bond is shooting in Casablanca and MI:5 an hour down the road in Rabat.
    Actually - they also shot scenes in Marrakech and a carchase in Casablanca:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=H86LgiHdZvY
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=qKFWU-Fp638
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    I find it peculiar Bond is shooting in Casablanca and MI:5 an hour down the road in Rabat.

I like the MI-franchise a lot. Especially as it is the most consistent spy-franchise after James Bond.

But hey Bond fans, this car chase looks like a cheap rip-off from the PTS-chase in "Skyfall" ;-).
  • RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote: »

Is it a little odd? I don't think it's a problem, but I can't help but feel there's no way Cubby would've lined up a shoot in the same location as a rival franchise. Anyhow, it'll be interesting to see how both Elswit and Van Hoytema lens their respective stints in Morocco.
    @Gustav_Graves
    Are you referring to the so-called car chase in SF, that lasted 15 seconds? It doesn't really take a lot to better it! Actually I haven't seen Craig in a "proper" car chase, yet. The one in QoS was ruined by the editing. Let's hope they get it right with Rome this time.

In other news, this is actually quite funny, if true:
    "Daniel Craig travels incognito by assuming Bond characters
    To ensure he doesn’t get caught out, Daniel often chooses names featured in older Bond movies. He recently travelled to Morocco, where he apparently pretended to be called Kananga – the villain in 1973 movie Live and Let Die.

“The limo driver picked up this Kananga and didn’t think anything of it, then realised it was Daniel Craig,” the source giggled."
    http://www.themalaymailonline.com/showbiz/article/daniel-craig-travels-incognito-by-assuming-bond-characters
    Apparently something about a plane crash if I had to guess this PURE SPECULATION but if i am right..
    I am guessing if there is a plane crash it is the catalyst that throws bond into action. If quantum is back Perhaps the plane was carrying sensative information and Quantum is selling it to the highest bidder?
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Apparently something about a plane crash if I had to guess this PURE SPECULATION but if i am right..
    I am guessing if there is a plane crash it is the catalyst that throws bond into action. If quantum is back Perhaps the plane was carrying sensative information and Quantum is selling it to the highest bidder?

You don't need to spoiler theories.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 9,779
    but what if i am right
  • RC7RC7
    but what if i am right

You're winding me up, surely?
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 5,745
    Vague plot details, for clarification, are indeed the possibility of a plane crash and the rumor that the set construction is for the villain lair located in Austria.