"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• jobo wrote: »
    How long before RVP puts in a transfer request?

How long before Falcao and Di Maria do?

That result has brightened up my weekend no end.

Did you see what Balotelli tweeted after?
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »

I wouldn't say yours brightened up mine, but I did get a kick out of the full kit wanker who was suggesting you were still going to win the league.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 7,500

I still can't believe Di Maria wanted to sign for United. There must have been other teams interested. Cristiano Ronaldo must be very persuasive...

As for Falcao, he's made some strange choices in the past, so I cant say I'm all that surprised.

But what about poor Mata? He's gone from being PL's outstanding playmaker to this in just a little more than a year. One just can't help feeling sorry for him...
  • Amazing game at Leicester and every credit to them to get an outstanding result. Man Utd are very poor defensively, as are my beloved Liverpool......
    Gutted we lost yesterday but looks like a open season this year anyone can beat anyone for a Europa place
  • Balotelli has been receiving some absolute vile and disgusting abuse on Twitter. I understand the Police are now investigating it.
  • This article might cheer you up if your team lost this weekend.

Unless, you're a Fulham fan of course. :D

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/20/fulham-farewell-magath-felix-madcap#start-of-comments
  • Balotelli has been receiving some absolute vile and disgusting abuse on Twitter. I understand the Police are now investigating it.

Have just read an article about this now. No matter the club, there are always supporters/fans who spoil it. Disgusting behaviour.......

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Did you see what Balotelli tweeted after?

Super Mario just gone up a few notches with LFC fans! It really is that easy Borini. If you openly slag off Utd we can forgive a lot!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Schurrle for Chelsea may have just made my day, with 15minutes to go.
  • Frank Lampard scores against his former club. :D
  • Lampard for Man City 1 -1
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Frank...nooooooo!
  • Chelsea will be kicking themselves, ten man City finishing strongest.
  • Who could have predicted that Arsenal would win and everyone else would either lose or draw. Probably the best weekend they've had in a long time.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Few weeks ago Man United fans were laughing when they signed Falcao and Arsenal signed Welbeck.

Falcao no goals so far, Welbeck 1 goal.
  • Although to be fair, Welbeck is utter shit.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Although to be fair, Welbeck is utter shit.

True yeah but I think he'll improve :)

• This season already developing into a very unpredictable one.

True yeah but I think he'll improve :)

He'll only be in the side till Giroud returns. Wenger loves his fellow Frenchmen.
  • RC7RC7
    Few weeks ago Man United fans were laughing when they signed Falcao and Arsenal signed Welbeck.

Falcao no goals so far, Welbeck 1 goal.

Flawless logic.
  • Only consolation for Man United is Spurs, Everton and Liverpool are stuttering.
  • Only consolation for Man United is Spurs, Everton and Liverpool are stuttering.

They'll be lots of unhappy people on Merseyside and in Essex this weekend. ;-)

They'll be lots of unhappy people on Merseyside and in Essex this weekend. ;-)

It could be battle of the leaky defences for forth spot :-S
  • The problem with the Premier League is that there are far too many average players on huge amounts of money. QPR are one of the chief perpetrators of this.

There are very few genuine world class players in the EPL.

It may be the most exciting and entertaining league but in terms of quality, it's by no means great.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Although to be fair, Welbeck is utter shit.

Hansen-esque punditry Sir! Why aren't you on the MOTD sofa?

Would certainly be a welcome change from the recent dross that seems to be slipping through the net. In the last 2 weeks I've seen Jermaine Jenas and Neil Lennon on there. Yeah if we want to know about being a feeble Tom Huddlestone impersonator or how to win a Mickey Mouse league we'll give you a call lads but if it's insight into the business end of the league we're after don't call us, we'll call you.

Say what you like about Hansen, Lawro and Gary Nev but you can't really argue because they can just slap their medals on the table.

Hansen-esque punditry Sir! Why aren't you on the MOTD sofa?

If Robbie Savage can get on, there's still hope for me. ;-)
    Not long seen todays Premier League results! And OMG what a result for Leicester! :-O It has certainly been another eye opening weekend results wise. Well impressed my Norwich boys grinded a result out again after going 2 down at home.

Please stop doing that to me Norwich! On a final note, how ironic ole Frank Lampard came back to haunt his old club!
  • The problem with the Premier League is that there are far too many average players on huge amounts of money. QPR are one of the chief perpetrators of this.

There are very few genuine world class players in the EPL.

It may be the most exciting and entertaining league but in terms of quality, it's by no means great.

True ridiculous wages does not equal quality, serious dearth in quality defenders in the premiership never mind in United's squad.
    Well? I am furious to be out the tin pot i mean Carling Cup! Well done Shrewsbury on a great result!