"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited September 2014 Posts: 7,500
    And Real Madrid LOST! AGAIN! The second straight defeat in La Liga, this time at the Bernabeu! :D

Seems they actually spent a shitsillian euros on making the the team worse, with no cohesian or balance left after the departure of Di Maria and Alonso.

Anyone else enjoying that? Cos I most certainly do :D :P
    largo2 wrote: »
    Chelsea different class today
    Costa and Fab linking well
    Still happy with performance and 2 goals
    At least on bright side Cardiff scum lost to Norwich

Was working out in the garden this afternoon, suffice it to say Largo i was beside myself on seeing the final! Especially away from home! Glad we managed to put a consolation smile on your face. And their is no shame in losing to Chelsea!
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Di Mariaaaaaaaaaaaa! Get in, come on united!

25 mins to go Di Maria, Rooney, Falcao, Van Persie all on the pitch. I am a Man United fan and that is a frightening forward line!

Full time Man United 4 - 0 QPR. Not said this for a long time, United were pretty devastating. Top four place not out of reach? Early days though this performance is heading in right direction.
  • RC7RC7
    Still defensively vulnerable, but I thought Blind had a good game. We look like a United side again, moving forward with pace. Good result against a poor team. Hopefully we can get some momentum and push better teams. Most encouraging league performance I've seen for 12 months. Would like to think we can push for top 4, but it's all down to the defence.
    Blind seems like a decent player to me, and although not excellent, he might prove to be a far more valuable signing than Falcao. As you say the defence looks vulnerable... but come to think of it, so does Liverpool's, Totenham's, Everton's and Arsenal's (solid back four, but no real backup) as well...
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 6,432
    RC7 wrote: »
    Still defensively vulnerable, but I thought Blind had a good game. We look like a United side again, movng forward with pace. Good result against a poor team. Hopefully we can get some momentum and push better teams. Most encouraging league performance I've seen for 12 months. Would like to think we can push for top 4, but it's all down to the defence.

Think short term we may have to out score better teams, hope Van Gal dumps the three at the back. Bar City and Chelsea I don't think teams there or there about have particularly good defences either. Our fire power may just take us into top four this season and hopefully in Jan and next summer, we will strengthen further.

Refreshing after the ultra negativity of last season.
    Be interesting to see how United and Liverpool perform this season? That is speaking as a neutral on both these sides?
    Oh, so you beat QPR 4-0. Please tell me more about how you're going to win the league and all that money spent was worth it.
  • RC7RC7
    Sammm04 wrote: »
    Oh, so you beat QPR 4-0. Please tell me more about how you're going to win the league and all that money spent was worth it.

Who do you support?
  • Who posted Man united would win the league?
  • RC7 wrote: »

Who do you support?

I think he supports Tottenham.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 479
    Who posted Man united would win the league?

Jokes my friend, jokes. I'm just saying what I have seen on other websites, which is mass hysteria and irrational optimism from united fans.

• RC7RC7

Jokes my friend, jokes. I'm just saying what I have seen on other websites, which is mass hysteria and irrational optimism from united fans.

Or that's what you wanted to see. Most of us are just happy to win a game.
  • I am realistic about United's chances, top four I will be happy with. Chelsea and Man City are the two best teams in league currently, Van Gal will be a genius if United win this season that's for sure.

No, I am a human being with a brain and eyes. I know what I saw. And it was rather silly.
  • RC7RC7

No, I am a human being with a brain and eyes. I know what I saw. And it was rather silly.

I'm sure you'll get through this difficult period. Chin up.
    On a much lighter note? Norwich are away at Brentford tomorrow night! :D ;)
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I hope Norwich lose...............Only joking. Good luck RogueAgent......... :)

Thank you for informing us! I was gonna watch Champions League, but I'm obviously changing my plan now, and will prioritize Norwich instead… :P
    jobo wrote: »

Thank you for informing us! I was gonna watch Champions League, but I'm obviously changing my plan now, and will prioritize Norwich instead… :P

You clearly have fine taste's! :-bd ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Dear Christ this is dismal - and now he brings on Borini FFS??
  • Liverpool's attack does not inspire confidence.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Liverpool's attack does not inspire confidence.

The attack does not inspire confidence? How about the defence?

Sakho's an absolute joke. Comedy touch just FA gave them the ball and then nutmegged and falls on his arse.
    /\ Chin up chaps?!!! Norwich are 2-0 up at Brentford right now as it stands! Every cloud and all that! ;)
  • Was just about to respond then Balotelli scored!
  • RogueAgent wrote: »
    /\ Chin up chaps?!!! Norwich are 2-0 up at Brentford right now as it stands! Every cloud and all that! ;)
    Man united fan hope Liverpool do well will mean mo e games

;)

Good result for Norwich :-SS
  • Drama at anfield, possible reprieve? Winner! Messy for Liverpool, against a weak side.
    Dortmund did not give Arsenal any hope in winning, losing with 2-0 was a kind outcome for Arsenal.
  • RC7RC7
    I thought Liverpool would absolute muller them tonight. Three points, though. All you need at the end of the day.
    3-0 away win! Never thought that at Griffin Park tonight! Well done lads! Up the the Canaries!!!! 8-} \:D/