"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

The Dutch lost two games already and so the coach who followed Louis van Gaal, and publicly criticized him, no looks a bad choice. A choice that anybody with love for the game did criticize when he got appointed simply because the Dutch Football Union did a power grab and knew better. I do hope they kick him out while there is still time.

That said Iceland played an excellent game of football and could have done a shedload more damage than they did last night, the 2-0 win was a poor result when one saw their efforts. Congrats Iceland well done.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Didn't miss much then regards England? Will sleep well tonight! :D
    I fell asleep watching it

:))
    Didn't miss much then regards England? Will sleep well tonight! :D
    I fell asleep watching it

:))

Could be a cure for insomnia? ;)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 6,432
    what i saw with England could have won by four or five. Final third needs alot of work.
  • http://trollolgoal.blogspot.gr/2014/10/queens-park-rangers-vs-liverpool-fc.html

change your vpn using ZenMate and you watch the games. it's all free.
    Norwich boys stuttering!!! X_X

Where are you in championship? Still top mate?

Down to 5th i believe, 4 points off the pace, still i will support them as always through thick and thin.

Down to 5th i believe, 4 points off the pace, still i will support them as always through thick and thin.
    Looked at table its pretty tight down several places from the top, results could swing things quickly for sure. Very competive league, as is premiership this season bar a couple of teams a step ahead.
    [-O< hope Man United sort there defence out!

Looked at table its pretty tight down several places from the top, results could swing things quickly for sure. Very competive league, as is premiership this season bar a couple of teams a step ahead.
    [-O< hope Man United sort there defence out!

Championship is always a nightmare to get ot of! As for Man Utd? It may well be a bit of a soap opera for atleast this season? Especially with Van Gaal looking to introduce his style of play?
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Yeah have no delusions, I think it won't be till at least next season until United are challenging for honours. Will be fun to watch though with Di Maria in the team ^:)^

Did Norwich manage to hold onto your best players when you went down?
    Wipes brow! <:-P Van Persie salvages a draw for United in last minute. Man United 1 - 1 Chelsea.
  • RC7RC7
    Wipes brow! <:-P Van Persie salvages a draw for United in last minute. Man United 1 - 1 Chelsea.

We put in a performance today. Absolutely deserved a draw, at least.
    RC7 wrote: »

We put in a performance today. Absolutely deserved a draw, at least.

United slowly improving, two big away games coming up. Few more key players to return, hopefully we can kick on.

Never knew until today that Mourinho was Van Gaals assistant in the past.
    I think a few of my fellow work colleagues who support Villa will get a ribbing in the morning! ;)) Fairplay QPR!
  • RikRik Southend
    Loving West Ham's form so far this season :)
    Big game tonight last time we met Liverpool in this round.........
    Can lightning strike twice?
  • England vs Slovenia I-) England really are a bang average side :( 0 - 0 after 40 minutes.
    England vs Slovenia I-) England really are a bang average side :( 0 - 0 after 40 minutes.

Thankfully i missed the first half, saw the second half but was busy on the laptop which goes to show how much i am bothered about the England game.
    As for the Scotland friendly? What is the point?
  • RogueAgent wrote: »
    England vs Slovenia I-) England really are a bang average side :( 0 - 0 after 40 minutes.

Thankfully i missed the first half, saw the second half but was busy on the laptop which goes to show how much i am bothered about the England game.
    As for the Scotland friendly? What is the point?

Second half was a marked improvement, thought the same about the Scotland freindly. That game would have made sense to play before a competitive match as a warm up game. There seems to be a huge attempt to get people interested in the national team again, maybe its an attempt to respark a bit of ole rivalry. I'll probably watch it, will have the night off

:-bd
    These bloody international games get in the way of the season why stick a friendly in when players could get injured
    Sure we never had that many back In the day
  • largo2 wrote: »
    These bloody international games get in the way of the season why stick a friendly in when players could get injured
    I would be surprised to see much of the team that started yesterday play against Scotland, Rooney being Captain may play 45 mins. It is a pointless game.
    largo2 wrote: »
    I would be surprised to see much of the team that started yesterday play against Scotland, Rooney being Captain may play 45 mins. It is a pointless game.

Completely agree, Qualifiers yes but friendlies no. These players train and play competitivley most weeks, they don't need unwanted friendly matches.
    Lionel Messi, Lionel Messi, Lionel Messi...

74 is the number now ^:)^ [-O< \m/ =D> ^:)^
    Great hatrick for Aguero tonight!
    No idea what is happening to my Norwich boys! We have simply disappeared into the midtable wilderness! :-??
  • Irish007Irish007 Dublin
    Great result for Utd against Stoke last night and Arsenals win over Southampton tonight will give us a chance to leapfrog Southampton on Monday night if we beat them. Beginning to think we are finally turning the corner under Van Gaal and am becoming more confident we'll finish in the top 4. I think we could be a good bet for the cup due to lack of European games and the players that are due to come back into the team alongside any potential signings in January

• Irish007 wrote: »
    Great result for Utd against Stoke last night and Arsenals win over Southampton tonight will give us a chance to leapfrog Southampton on Monday night if we beat them. Beginning to think we are finally turning the corner under Van Gaal and am becoming more confident we'll finish in the top 4. I think we could be a good bet for the cup due to lack of European games and the players that are due to come back into the team alongside any potential signings in January

Agree and I feel there is more to come, once we get players back. Very confident we will finish top four Van Gal has the team working hard again and his keep ball philosophy is developing. Come new year I think United will be in good shape for a good end of season.
    Never wish ill upon my team so just wanted to say well done for finally getting three points saturday away at Wigan! Baffles me sometimes when teams can't get a result at home and then go away and get a victory! ~X(