"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Irish007Irish007 Dublin
    5 wins in a row and up into third for United now even if we were terrible but 3pts are 3pts
  • Irish007 wrote: »
    5 wins in a row and up into third for United now even if we were terrible but 3pts are 3pts
    A win is a win is a win, winning playing bad is always a good sign. Been a good weekend for United with how majority of results went.

Irish007 wrote: »
    A win is a win is a win, winning playing bad is always a good sign. Been a good weekend for United with how majority of results went.

Yep we'd have lost that game under Moyes IMO and probably one or two others
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 6,432
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Never wish ill upon my team so just wanted to say well done for finally getting three points saturday away at Wigan! Baffles me sometimes when teams can't get a result at home and then go away and get a victory! ~X(
    Nothing more unpredictsble than football, for the most part. Your guys still amongst it, a few good results over Christmas period could be right back in there.

Did we set up a fantasy football league this year? Remember someone doing it a few years ago.
    Never wish ill upon my team so just wanted to say well done for finally getting three points saturday away at Wigan! Baffles me sometimes when teams can't get a result at home and then go away and get a victory! ~X(
    Nothing more unpredictsble than football, for the most part. Your guys still amongst it, a few good results over Christmas period could be right back in there.

The Championship is the most wide open, complicated division in English football! It drives you bonkers as a fan if your team is in it! 8-}
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Get your coat Brendan - that was an absolute abortion.

Stevie did his best but in stoppage time of a match in which we had to score another goal we didnt even have a centre forward on the pitch FFS.

World class finish from Gerrard and a spirited (if clueless) final 10 should not deflect from Brendan's awful team selection and even worse substitutions.

And lets just remember who we were playing - these werent Real. We couldnt even finish top of a 3 team group with Basle and some clowns from Bulgaria. Shambolic - just like it has been all season.
  • Not just saying this as a United fan, though could not believe how poor Liverpool were tonight. Relying on a young player still learning and a once top player in his twilight is going to be there undoing this season.
    Enjoy putting the final nails in Brendan's coffin on Sunday old son.

I know I did last year to Moyesie.
  • Enjoy putting the final nails in Brendan's coffin on Sunday old son.

May not be that clear cut, I never under estimate the Reds against United. Though rght now Liverpool seriously lack firepower so will be very surprised if we don't beat them. United are starting to get that knack of winning when not playing well, so quietly confident we are on the up.

Liverpool seem unrecognisable since you know who left! Stunned!
    Ajax Amsterdam had its chances against both Barcelona & Paris Saint Germain but failed to finish them off, so tonight they made sure tonight that those Islanders from the Mediterranean sea went home empty handed. 4-0 did do the job.
    Enjoy putting the final nails in Brendan's coffin on Sunday old son.

Although I'd like this to happen, the form book generally goes out the window when it comes to United and Liverpool games
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 7,500
    Barcelona got the victory they needed to secure group victory tonight against PSG, but this Barcelona side will not win any titles this year either... Suarez seems to be badly missed in Liverpool, but he hasn't improved the strength of this Barcelona side. In essence the only thing he's done is to force Messi out of his favourite position in the center of the attack and brake up the promising partnership between Messi and Neymar as they now play on each flank, 20/30 meters from each other. The team looks slow and predictable with very little movement. They are basically dependent on individual brilliance from one of the stars op front. And that might be good enough for a quarterfinal or a semifinal, but not the title...

And why on earth they decided to trade Fabregas for Rakitic I will never understand! This Barcelona midfield is the least impressive in maybe 15 years. Not a good sign for a team with a philosophy which requires technique and creativity of absolute top level...
    Man City finally put an appearance in the UCL then!

To be fair, they reached the last sixteen last season as well. Not much of an improvement yet... I thought they were quite lucky against Roma today, but a win is a win I guess...
    jobo wrote: »

To be fair, they reached the last sixteen last season as well. Not much of an improvement yet... I thought they were quite lucky against Roma today, but a win is a win I guess...

Not seen any highlights, but to be fair? Being a Norwich fan I don't need too! ;) :))
    I wasn't exactly praising them either, as I don't feel any need to ;) I pointed out they were lucky against Roma and that they still haven't improved from last year... Rather the opposite in fact...
    jobo wrote: »
    I wasn't exactly praising them either, as I don't feel any need to ;) I pointed out they were lucky against Roma and that they still haven't improved from last year... Rather the opposite in fact...

Just goes to show that money does not guarrantee you success.
  • ;))
    ;))

Speaking strictly as a neutral, damn that made me laugh out loud! =))
  • RogueAgent wrote: »
    ;))

Speaking strictly as a neutral, damn that made me laugh out loud! =))

Call 20 - 18 20 - 18

:)) I love it! Poor Brenda ;)) Liverpool have indeed lost there bite! :))
  • @RogueAgent I suspect you will be a lot happier today mate ;)
    @RogueAgent I suspect you will be a lot happier today mate ;)

Indeed i am my friend, however it was against 10 men for alot of the game. That being said you can only play what's in front of you. Hopefully that will kick start a good December for us?

Indeed i am my friend, however it was against 10 men for alot of the game. That being said you can only play what's in front of you. Hopefully that will kick start a good December for us?

Six points off top, its pretty tight shows how competitive the championship is mate.

Six points off top, its pretty tight shows how competitive the championship is mate.

It certainly is, especially when you consider that only our 2nd win in the last 9 league games. A very topsy turvy division indeed! Makes you do this ~X( alot! :))

It certainly is, especially when you consider that only our 2nd win in the last 9 league games. A very topsy turvy division indeed! Makes you do this ~X( alot! :))

:)) A few wins over christmas and you could be top, all my hair fell out from stress of football .

Man United 3 - 0 Looserpool <:-P
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    BENFICA !!!! BENFICA !!!! ^:)^ FC Porto 0-2 BENFICA !! On the road for the 34th championship title!! BENFICA!!

:)) A few wins over christmas and you could be top, all my hair fell out from stress of football .

Man United 3 - 0 Looserpool <:-P

The way the Championship plays out? I will be surprised if we make the playoffs!!! :))

:)) I love it! Poor Brenda ;)) Liverpool have indeed lost there bite! :))

I don't really understand how football works. We lose every week yet until Everton just won tonight we were still top half of the table. Are there really 9 worse teams than Liverpool in the league? I really feel for these clubs below us because they must be truly shocking, although I really cannot comprehend how they can be worse than the dross being served up by the Christopher Ecclestone tribute act whose career has dropped off a cliff Rick Sylvester style only with no sign of a parachute forthcoming.