Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    RIP Richard Kiel, thank you for all the memories and the contribution to the franchise. Jaws and the great man who played him will be remembered forever.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited September 2014 Posts: 2,629
    Was going to add this to my other post, but I was actually scared of the Jaws character when TSWLM first came out. I was 12 at the time.

But Richard was truly a gentle giant. Wish I had met him. For those of you who got the honor, hold your heads high today.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 1,661
    By coincidence, I heard him on the radio today. He appeared on the recent BBC radio interview along with Roger Moore, the producers and John Glen. I'm guessing that was the last time he spoke publicly about his role in the franchise.

He was such a great villain. How could you ever forget his huge stature, his teeth and his overall screen presence. RIP Jaws/Richard Kiel.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    RIP Richard Kiel
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 12,258
    R.I.P. Richard!!! You will be missed; thank you so much for helping make TSWLM one of my favorite Bond films! I didn't think Jaws could ever die :(

Edit: Just heard he was a fellow born-again Christian!!! Happy to hear it; I'll pray for his family and friends. Thank you again for your legacy Richard Kiel :)
    R.I.P Richard. It was only a few days ago he did a phone in with BBC radio 4 :(

His legacy will live on forever.
    Just found out about Richard Kiel. RIP to the most iconic Bond henchman of all time
    Not a good way to begin the day, learning of the death of such a beloved actor. Goodbye, Mr. Kiel, and thanks for everything.
  • So grateful I had the chance to meet him almost a year ago. This is a photo of me and him, along with the autograph. Very kind and welcoming and as you can tell, loved and embraced his role. A legend of the Bond series. He will be missed.

C0j34Wi.jpg
    I met him back in 2009 at an autograph signing in Birmingham. Rest In Peace Mr Jaws!
    How did he actually die? Was it just old age and in part due to him breaking his leg? My grandmother died at 88, a short while after breaking her hip. My mother told me that after some elderly people break something, they often don't live for long afterwards. Don't know how true this is though.
    Very sad news. Richard seemed like a great guy. RIP.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    RIP Mr. Kiel
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    We do not have details yet on cause of death.
    At least he was comfortable and surrounded by family when he passed.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    RIP to both Gottfried and Richard
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This hurts, folks. He was such a nice man. :(
    RIP Richard Kiel.
  • I can not describe how big this loss feels. It's a huge loss for the Bond family. Especially now that EON is looking for "another iconic henchman". Well, that'll be difficult, as the benchmark passed away. Rest in peace Richard. Strength to the family and friends of Mr Kiel.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Richard Kiel's family comments on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/richard.kiel.35/posts/10204422253853595
  • Christ, I'm in chock... R.I.P Richard, Jaws truly is the most iconic character in all of Bondem!
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 11,189
    This is sad news indeed. A giant in the Bond legacy has gone...quite literally.

I never met Richard but from what I heard he sounded like a very nice bloke. I thought something was up when I heard his voice the other day but was hoping he'd get better. It's sad that 2 great Bond villains have gone in such a short space of time.

Well...here's to Richard and Gottfried

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I'm dumbfound. I'm lost for words. What a tremendous person, a gentleman, a kind heart. I will never forget the impact Jaws had on me as a child, in TSWLM when when fought Bond on the train. Classic stuff.

Farewell, and RIP Richard Kiel.
    Rest in Peace you beautiful gentle giant :'( :( :(
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    This has been a terrible year, and it's only September :( RIP Richard Kiel and Gottfried John, two of the best without a doubt.
    :( Very sad about Richard Kiel. RIP.
    Richard Kiel RIP. met him at a signing once and he was very good with my then little kids, for them he was the giant out of fairy tales and he did not mind being just that.
    A great person.
  • Goodbye Richard, and thank you.
  • I think we need to pay our respects with a collage of lovely pictures from Richard Kiel. Just to commemorate his life:

Richard, age 7:
    rk2.jpg

Richard, with wife Diane Rogers, 1980:
    285057_2069100241762_1072508586_2262900_8364612_n.jpg

Richard, with his 4 kids, mid 80's:
    rk4.jpg

Richard, with wife Diane Rogers, 2002:
    article-2648211-1E72F20200000578-740_634x840.jpg

Richard & Roger:
    JawsRogerBIG_468x389.jpg

Richard, with a kid fan:
    click?format=go&key=cfdfcf52dffd0a702a61bad27507376d&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fgalleryhip.com%2Frichard-george-kiel.html&subId=2900820&v=1&libid=3eb9c8da-65c7-44c3-b2d8-60562b885b34&out=http%3A%2F%2Fhrasticimagerydotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F08%2F02-richard-kiel-2013.jpg&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.nl%2Furl%3Furl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fgalleryhip.com%2Frichard-george-kiel.html%26rct%3Dj%26frm%3D1%26q%3D%26esrc%3Ds%26sa%3DU%26ei%3DGVsRVIGTELiLsQTT9YHoDQ%26ved%3D0CDgQ9QEwETgo%26usg%3DAFQjCNF168AEoUx3D_UDCBIDCTKj6CEThw&title=Richard%20George%20Kiel%20-%20Viewing%20Gallery&txt=&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_14104236701501
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Only days after The Reunion as well. Some said he didn't sound too well. A great loss. RIP.
  • One of my favourite villains from my childhood from my very favourite Bond film.

To think, he made TSWLM at the mid way point in his life.

As others have said, he didn't sound well at all in The Reunion. I hope he now can Rest In Peace.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    RIP Richard Kiel :(( One of my favorite villains in the franchise :(
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    It is with deep sadness that I read of his passing a truly good chap and a pleasure to meet
    Rest in Peace We will miss you.