SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

I always thought that Michael Shannon would make a great Bond villain. But imagine if you teamed him up as the henchman (in a well written part) with Chiwetel Ejiiofor as the main villain. 2 Academy Award nominated actors to take on Bond in the bad guy department!

In all honesty.....I'm actually less positive about Chiwetel Ejiiofor as Bond villain. Ejiofor is a great actor, but does he have the charisma that actors like Michael Shannon, Daniel Day Lewis, Michael Fassbender and Christoph Waltz have? Also, Ejiofor has proven his skills in the drama-genre, but as a psychotic villain? I'm not sure.

So, I would cast Michael Shannon as a villain, like he was in "Man Of Steel", not as henchman. But that's my opinion :-).

• edited August 2014 Posts: 1,021
    I always thought that Michael Shannon would make a great Bond villain. But imagine if you teamed him up as the henchman (in a well written part) with Chiwetel Ejiiofor as the main villain. 2 Academy Award nominated actors to take on Bond in the bad guy department!

In all honesty.....I'm actually less positive about Chiwetel Ejiiofor as Bond villain. Ejiofor is a great actor, but does he have the charisma that actors like Michael Shannon, Daniel Day Lewis, Michael Fassbender and Christoph Waltz have? Also, Ejiofor has proven his skills in the drama-genre, but as a psychotic villain? I'm not sure.

So, I would cast Michael Shannon as a villain, like he was in "Man Of Steel", not as henchman. But that's my opinion :-).

Which is why I think that Chiwetel Ejiiofor would make the better villain and have Michael Shannon as the "psychotic henchman". Picture the scene. Bond leaves after his chat with our main villain played by Ejiiofor in his gigantic Ken Adamsesque set. In comes a towering Michael Shannon as TREX the henchman with our villain telling him to follow Mr Bond and his assistant Miss Flowers and terminate them both. Major car chase follows through the Streets of Rome.

Which is why I think that Chiwetel Ejiiofor would make the better villain and have Michael Shannon as the "psychotic henchman". Picture the scene. Bond leaves after his chat with our main villain played by Ejiiofor in his gigantic Ken Adamsesque set. In comes a towering Michael Shannon as TREX the henchman with our villain telling him to follow Mr Bond and his assistant Miss Flowers and terminate them both. Major car chase follows through the Streets of Rome.

I'm sorry. I don't see it.......yet ;-). Michael Shannon has IMO the charisma of a complex villain. And a henchman is at most not the most talkative person. Even if the henchman is a more realistic silent assassin, like Grant in FRWL. Shannon needs lines, plentiful lines. Giving him the role of henchman IMO means slightly underside his talents and using other elements of his acting in which he is slightly less experienced. Also, Shannon played a leading villain in "Man Of Steel". And he played a psychic unstable character in Sam Mendes' Revolutionary Road's.

Having said all this, I would live to see Daniel Day Lewis or Christoph Waltz as leading villain. They are the more Oscar-heavy stars and have tons of charisma......like Javier Border in 'skyfall'.

• 897701tomhinx.jpg

Tom Hinx

Is it a codename for a tattoed henchman ? :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Oh my sides!!! TOM HINX! BRILLIANT! =))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    haha. Y'know, if it did turn out to be Hanks, I'd totally go along with it :))
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 5,767
    doubleoego wrote: »
    7ft+ actors need not apply. Bond needs to fight a big, tough monster of a man not a mini-mountain.
    I thought Bond´s going to ski?

Tom Hinx is a great idea! He´s such a massive talent, he could play both the villain and the henchman in a double role. I actually like that idea.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I still want to sit and chat with him over a cup of cocoa. Even from that photo. Not at all scary or henchmanish or villainish to me. I can't stretch it for dear Tom, no.

Michael Keaton ... I could see him doing Batman, doing seriously twisted, strange or even psycho. Tom is a good actor. But for me, that just doesn't work.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    7ft+ actors need not apply. Bond needs to fight a big, tough monster of a man not a mini-mountain.
    I thought Bond´s going to ski?

Yeah. Daniel Craig should at least be able to ski off the guy. That's how we know if he's big enough...
    We are apparently 99% of snow scenes. Not completely sure of skiing by Bond.
    I'm fine with that either way.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

How black and white of you. I think acting skills are very important.

It was said somewhat with tongue in cheek.

• edited August 2014 Posts: 1,021

I'm sorry. I don't see it.......yet ;-). Michael Shannon has IMO the charisma of a complex villain. And a henchman is at most not the most talkative person. Even if the henchman is a more realistic silent assassin, like Grant in FRWL. Shannon needs lines, plentiful lines. Giving him the role of henchman IMO means slightly underside his talents and using other elements of his acting in which he is slightly less experienced. Also, Shannon played a leading villain in "Man Of Steel". And he played a psychic unstable character in Sam Mendes' Revolutionary Road's.

Having said all this, I would live to see Daniel Day Lewis or Christoph Waltz as leading villain. They are the more Oscar-heavy stars and have tons of charisma......like Javier Border in 'skyfall'.

check out this scene from BOARD WALK EMPIRE. one of the reasons that Michael Shannon would make a great henchman. "ITS AN IRON MR BOND"

• August Diehl (from 'Inglorious Basterds' and 'Salt')? He's only 5"10, but I think he would make a great henchman opposite Craig.

8589130479300-inglourious-basterds-wallpaper-hd.jpg

I am not too keen on Ejiofor either actually. I am sure he has skills and charisma, but he always struck me as a bit too good/nice looking and a bit too youthful too for a Bond villain.

But we could have said that about Heath Ledger, too.
    I hope whoever the villain is, we are in for a surprise; a pleasant surprise.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Those who doubt Ejiofor should do themselves a favour and watch Serenity.
    897701tomhinx.jpg

Tom Hinx

Is it a codename for a tattoed henchman ? :)

=)) Beyond words!!! =D>
    About this iconic henchman rumor. If they want someone to look big and intimidating like Jaws then they should defiantly cast The Rock. He said he has always wanted to be in a Bond film. Cast him producers cast him!!!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    No ..just no. They won't anyway but no.Too well known and wouldn't be taken serious so sorry Dwayne.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    No ..just no. They won't anyway but no.Too well known and wouldn't be taken serious so sorry Dwayne.

Do you realize how big of a story that would be? Any publicity is good publicity.
  • RC7RC7
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

Do you realize how big of a story that would be? Any publicity is good publicity.

The headline would be 'From Bardem to The Rock'. Hardly good publicity.
    RC7 wrote: »

Right. He is good in his own universe, but not for Bond
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote: »

Exactly. I have to question the logic of any forum members who actually see this as being a valid idea. It's terrible.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/5861226/Lana-Del-Rey-and-Sam-Smith-in-battle-to-sing-next-Bond-theme-song.html

Not a particular orginial rumour from the Sun but hardly unwelcome. Lana Del Rey has the perfect voice for a Bond soundtrack.

lana-del-rey.jpg?w=600

Exactly. I have to question the logic of any forum members who actually see this as being a valid idea. It's terrible.

I don't remember Bardem playing the henchman. Its the smaller role. The Rock is a perfect minor character. Mess with his appearance enough and it could be interesting. Like I said: all publicity is good publicity. There would be headlines everywhere. That's good.
  • RC7RC7

I don't remember Bardem playing the henchman. Its the smaller role. The Rock is a perfect minor character. Mess with his appearance enough and it could be interesting. Like I said: all publicity is good publicity. There would be headlines everywhere. That's good.

Sorry, but as politely as I can put it without beating around the bush - you're just wrong.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    About this iconic henchman rumor. If they want someone to look big and intimidating like Jaws then they should defiantly cast The Rock. He said he has always wanted to be in a Bond film. Cast him producers cast him!!!

Wasn't his grandfather in YOLT? I think he was the fella that Bond fights in Osato's office. Anyway, I wouldn't be against The Rock as a henchman.

And I hope the Lana Del Ray rumour remains just that, she's as depressing to listen to as Adele.

Sorry, but as politely as I can put it without beating around the bush - you're just wrong.

That is simply your opinion. Others have other opinions.
  • RC7RC7

The phrase 'all publicity is good publicity' happens to be untrue, that's not opinion it's a fact.

The phrase 'all publicity is good publicity' happens to be untrue, that's not opinion it's a fact.

The most important factor to marketing is how many eyes you get to notice you or your product. Take note that Ben Affleck being cast as Batman pissed a lot of people off but now they want to see the film and see what happens. Negative or positive, all your publicity has to do is make people curious.