Jack Reacher

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Nice! Is that from a jacket photo?

I cannot do any artwork; I so enjoy looking at all our members' artwork, though.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    my attempt at a poster for the movie version of never go back , i don't have Photoshop so it's the best i can do currently.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122365975@N06/13631311343/

I suggest that you download GIMP. It's exactly like Photoshop but free. I use if for all my artwork and it's a great program.
  • finished bad luck and trouble. yet another corker, but not my favorite .am now reading tripwire which is also good . i am starting to think there is no such thing as a bad Reacher book,there's got to be at least one surely?
    edited May 2014 Posts: 12,459
    finished bad luck and trouble. yet another corker, but not my favorite .am now reading tripwire which is also good . i am starting to think there is no such thing as a bad Reacher book,there's got to be at least one surely?

Pretty much, yeah. Even the lesser ones are enjoyable for me. Bad Luck and Trouble was not one of my favorites, either, but still better than many books out there on the market. Reading a Reacher book is like a yearly treat. I used to feel the same about Ian Rankin (though I am so glad Rebus is now back).

I re-read The Hard Way recently. There are some very compelling scenes in that one. I do recommend it.
  • finished tripwire a couple of weeks ago, apparently it's lee child's favorite and it may very well be mine as well.
  • without fail done and dusted now reading the hardway
    Oh, do let me know how you enjoy The Hard Way. It is different. I found it to be a very satisfying Reacher book.

• Jack Reacher and Bryan Mills You Know Their Names
    Are there any news about the new movie ?

Also today is the day that a new Reacher digital short goes on sale for 1.99. The name of the story is Not a Drill
  • The next film will be out in 2016 and will be based on last year's book Never Go Back
  • The Hard Way. like 4EverBonded I found it to be a very satisfying Reacher book, also finished The Affair , like the hard way it's a fun read while it lasts which is all i ask for in a reacher book or any book infact.
    Yes, the next film will be based on Never Go Back ... but somewhere I had read that the filmmakers were already mentioning the role of the young girl in the story (I need to check previous pages on this thread; I think that was mentioned). But it was unclear whether she will be portrayed as in the book or the role changed, beefed up, etc. It will be interesting to learn more, but that may be a while. It sounds like they will expand the role.

I'm glad you enjoyed The Hard Way, @valentinzukovsky. I like that one more than some of the others. I liked The Affair, too. I like darn near all of them a good deal; Lee writes in a fun, compelling way. He is usually not boring, and I like Reacher a lot.

Gone Tomorrow is still my very favorite; I enjoyed his writing the most in that one.

Mini trailer for the newest book
    Thanks for the trailer, @dragonsky and thanks for Lee Child's brief talk about the book, @valentinzukovsky! I'm ordering my copy today actually. Personal: Reacher's mom was French, so I expect that to enter into this story in some way, even if just subtly.
  • 1610793_759965017396561_7084006834820606367_n.jpg?oh=1c7ca2ee484092ad72c1aefc1d0d9a96&oe=5461CE25&__gda__=1415950820_9ba8bd09a5cdfd650804fd877a873f47 Now that's high praise.
    Yes ... but I take what authors say about other authors with a nice sized grain of salt. ;) I really like Lee's writing, so I don't even pay attention to reviews any more.

I'm ordering my copy of Personal this weekend; did not get the chance to do so yet (I go to a nearby town and order thru a bookstore I like). Looking forward to it. Happy for Reacher to be out of the U.S. a little, too.
    Genuinely do not know? But how many Jack Reacher novels has their been?
  • RogueAgent wrote: »
    As of tomorrow 19 or 24 if you count the short stories
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    As of tomorrow 19 or 24 if you count the short stories

Wow! Did not realise their had been so many!
  • BwNd1LnIUAAH6ml.jpg:large Deep deep joy.
    Lucky you!! I have another couple of weeks to wait.
    @valentinzukovsky That looks amazing ! Looking forward to your review of the book :)
  • Read it in 3 days which i think means personal now holds the record for shortest time taken for me to read a book .
    Great! : ) Use spoiler tags if need be, I don't want to know much at all about it until I read it. But did you like it?
  • Great! : ) Use spoiler tags if need be, I don't want to know much at all about it until I read it. But did you like it?
    Not quite the best but it's a close second to gone tomorrow
  • According to Lee Child they start filming Never Go Back in April next year.
    Oh my gosh, if it is close to Gone Tomorrow, I will be thrilled!!
    Thanks. :)
    I can't believe I've missed Lee Child's reddit AMA
  • BivEY2vCYAAmm8D.jpg Looks like Le Chiffre is a Reacher fan.