Jack Reacher

167891012»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Has Prime Video changed their release style lately? I don't watch much of their stuff but I thought they used to drop everything day and date. It seems S2 of this one is getting its first three episodes on the 15th then one every Friday for the final five. A bummer, but I'm still damn excited for this new season.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Has Prime Video changed their release style lately? I don't watch much of their stuff but I thought they used to drop everything day and date. It seems S2 of this one is getting its first three episodes on the 15th then one every Friday for the final five. A bummer, but I'm still damn excited for this new season.

I can't remember how S1 dropped (pretty sure it was weekly) though i know they have done similar drops with show's like The Rings of Power, i think we got the first 2 episodes.

When streaming services do that i think they are trying to get the audience invested quickly.

I can't remember how S1 dropped (pretty sure it was weekly) though i know they have done similar drops with show's like The Rings of Power, i think we got the first 2 episodes.

When streaming services do that i think they are trying to get the audience invested quickly.

Makes sense. I know some streamers have taken issue with releasing everything at once because it doesn't keep viewers around, whereas if you stretch a season out weekly, it'll keep them paying for a few months at least for that product alone.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Makes sense. I know some streamers have taken issue with releasing everything at once because it doesn't keep viewers around, whereas if you stretch a season out weekly, it'll keep them paying for a few months at least for that product alone.

I prefer weekly episodes like the old days, it also allows for good discussion over a longer period of time I don't mind binge watching something that was say released a few years ago, that's only if i get hooked on the show.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    I'll wait til it's all out and then binge it, like I did the first series.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I enjoyed the first season, but felt story-wise it could improve. I do like the lead actor a lot! He fits the bill, also in attitude pretty much. The trailer for season 2 looks really good! Looking forward to it. It airs before Christmas, but I have not seen an exact date yet.
    I enjoyed the first season, but felt story-wise it could improve. I do like the lead actor a lot! He fits the bill, also in attitude pretty much. The trailer for season 2 looks really good! Looking forward to it. It airs before Christmas, but I have not seen an exact date yet.

The first three episodes are dropping on December 15th, with the other five releasing once-a-week every Friday until January 19th.
    The series has received an early Season 3 renewal:

https://deadline.com/2023/12/reacher-season-3-renewed-amazon-1235649007/
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I would love to see a quality Conan with him in the title role.
    talos7 wrote: »

Or a gritty reboot/reimagining of The Terminator starring him.
    Halfway through S2 right now and having a blast. Alan really took his training seriously because he's even more jacked and ripped this time.

Or a gritty reboot/reimagining of The Terminator starring him.

Yes! He has a tremendous physical presence and a charisma that I find lacking in others like John Cena , Steve Austin and others.
    Just two episodes left, I believe, and I think we're really set up for the end game and some big reveals starting next week. Today's episode was pretty solid - a little too darkly shot for my tastes, but all in all, a lot of fun.
    edited January 5 Posts: 2,928
    Yeah, I couldn't hold out for the binge, so I've been watching it as we go along. I do prefer a loner Reacher to an ensemble piece, but yeah, I'm enjoying it a lot. Last couple, I've been waiting for a minute past midnight on Friday morning to watch it straight away. It's been a while since I've done anything like that.
    I feel the same way. I hope he's somewhat more solo in the next season.

Somewhat what some have been saying about Bond and the Scooby gang.
    edited January 5 Posts: 2,928
    Yes - 'one man in the field with his licence to kill' is a big part of the Bond appeal, for me.
    edited January 6 Posts: 40,473

Somewhat what some have been saying about Bond and the Scooby gang.

That's another corrective measure I hope they take in the next era. One of the bigger missteps the Craig era made for me was introducing the likes of MP and Q and injecting them so prominently the way they did. I would've preferred his whole era to remain stripped back and without them having to tag along and stick around for bad exposition dumps.
    I have enjoyed season 2, but sometimes the dialogue for Reacher tends to be a bit wooden.
    CrabKey wrote: »
    I have enjoyed season 2, but sometimes the dialogue for Reacher tends to be a bit wooden.

Oh absolutely. It's nowhere near perfect, and sometimes it veers into that sort of generic procedural TV-type dialogue where zero research is conducted. Whenever they dive into tech, gaming, etc., I know it's gonna be some very cringe and ridiculous discussion (case in point: the most recent episode involving a Nintendo Switch).
    Looking forward to Season 3!