Jack Reacher

Comments

BivEY2vCYAAmm8D.jpg Looks like Le Chiffre is a Reacher fan.

That's a cool pic! ;))
    What books is this ? Tripwire ?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think more recent; The Affair or Never Go Back.
    Lee's new one, Personal, is #1. =D>
    Not a rarity for a Jack Reacher book.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/11/us-books-bestsellers-idUSKBN0H626X20140911
    Sadly umpteen questions on the amount of books Reacher will get, and only a few original questions, I guess nobody asked him if he would like to write something different or even a James Bond novel.
  • tumblr_nedab8Rn611u2cw61o1_500.jpg only 6 more to go. which one next?
    I would follow the release dates.
    Nice photo. :) Mine are all different kinds of covers (some UK, some USA) due to them being shipped here. And most are beat up now.

I did finish Personal, by the way - and I really loved it! I enjoyed it the most of his recent ones. My very favorite for best writing, thrills, suspense, and excitement is Gone Tomorrow ... but I like Personal probably next, certainly more than the last 4. Keep in mind I enjoyed the last 4. I enjoy every Reacher book. This is a writer that I always look forward to. I hope more of you get to read Personal soon.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BivEY2vCYAAmm8D.jpg Looks like Le Chiffre is a Reacher fan.

Hmm... Could Mads be researching for a role? :-?
    I wish he were in a Reacher film! Then I may go see one. I think he is simply on set somewhere.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wish he were in a Reacher film! Then I may go see one. I think he is simply on set somewhere.
    It looks to be the set of Hannibal, judging by his overall dress. Though, one can dream about his casting in a Reacher film.
  • I'm in the minority here. I've read three of the books and find them highly repetitious and very formulaic.
    There is no doubt that Child can write. I just find myself wishing he'd write something else.
    The fact that he sells like hot cakes is a solid testimony to both the enduring popularity of the Yojimbo story and the fact that people love to buy the familiar.
    What I find particularly bizarre is Reacher's popularity amongst women. I would have thought that this cardboard character with his perpensity to dish out indiscriminate, bone crunching violence, would be the antithesis of what most women want in their literarary hero.
    As for the casting of Cruise, if this leadend lump has to be brought to the multi-plexus, perhaps Liam Neilson would have been a more appropriate choice. It certainly would be a step up from his ridiculous 'Taken' character and would make the action scenes marginally more believable than the risible fake violence dispensed by Hollywood's favourite vertically challenged, sofa jumping, scientologist.
    Oh they are formulaic - I just like this formula because I especially like the character of Reacher. I don't want that to change. Cruise as Reacher is beyond a joke to me and is the reason why I have not seen the film.

I wouldn't mind Lee Child writing different books with other characters, but I'm happy with the way this particular series is going.
    Oh they are formulaic - I just like this formula because I especially like the character of Reacher. I don't want that to change. Cruise as Reacher is beyond a joke to me and is the reason why I have not seen the film.

I wouldn't mind Lee Child writing different books with other characters, but I'm happy with the way this particular series is going.

Trust me, you don't want to see the film. Tom Cruise or no Tom Cruise, that film couldn't have been saved no matter what.
    I really liked the film :/
    Yes, I know some people did. Just as a huge Reacher fan (books), I have not been able to make myself watch it yet.
    Yes, I know some people did. Just as a huge Reacher fan (books), I have not been able to make myself watch it yet.

You should as Cruise is involved the movie is by no means bad or shabby, he just is not Reacher IMHO. But ignoring that you have a decent enough actioner that is well enough filmed.

• edited November 2014 Posts: 503
    thought of someone other than Liam Neeson who could play Reacher.
    Raymond Cruz a.k.a Tuco from Breaking Bad.
    [img][/img]TucoSalamanca.jpg
    Really it should have been Hugh Jackman, for me. :)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,442
    I watching the movie 10 days a go..

I like the The 70's/90's vibe. Feels more like a detective movie.

I whas already looking forward to what the directer and composer of this movie will make from Mi5, but iam happy Mi5 hired the first editor of X-men first class and writer of Iron Man 3. Because pacing is very low and motivation/conclussion is very weak. Like the first Mission Impossible movie, a part of the plot is made to dificult. I have respect that there take there time and doing much better with it then for example Nolan, stil i think also 130 minutes is to long. 110 have been nice.

As alternate directers for Jack Reacher 2 i must think about Tim Burton, Todd Phillips and David O. Russell. Danny Elfman as composer.

The article is no longer available :/
    M_Balje wrote: »
    I watching the movie 10 days a go..

I like the The 70's/90's vibe. Feels more like a detective movie.

I whas already looking forward to what the directer and composer of this movie will make from Mi5, but iam happy Mi5 hired the first editor of X-men first class and writer of Iron Man 3. Because pacing is very low and motivation/conclussion is very weak. Like the first Mission Impossible movie, a part of the plot is made to dificult. I have respect that there take there time and doing much better with it then for example Nolan, stil i think also 130 minutes is to long. 110 have been nice.

As alternate directers for Jack Reacher 2 i must think about Tim Burton, Todd Phillips and David O. Russell. Danny Elfman as composer.

Apparently the sequel will start filming later this year so I think that we should expect some director and casting news soon..
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Just started reading these. Beginning at the first, Killing Floor. How many are written in the first person? Great book so far, but not really a fan of books written in the first person as I find it a bit limiting, if it's only this or the first few I may well stick with them…but, oh look, Scott Mariani's new one [The Forgotten Holocaust] is out now! - that's next on my list.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I really enjoyed the film, I thought it was well acted with great dialogue and a really nice atmosphere. Cruise or no Cruise, it was McQuarrie that made it work.
    @Lancaster007, only some are written first person. I can get into both perspectives. Lee Child is a consistently entertaining writer and a good one for that kind of genre, in my opinion. I hope you enjoy the series. I really do.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Thanks @4EverBonded, I'll probably dip in every now and then, quite enjoying this one. And I have to say that it's down to the writer, how good they are at first person and if they obey the rules, i.e. what the character would or should know. I remember reading the Kay Scarpetta novels and most of those were in first person, and the first two were truly awesome, page-turning, can't-put-down novels.
    The only trouble is I have so many books in my to-read pile (one of which is another JR book) that I don't know when I'll get around to reading the rest of Reacher!
  • 1801300_845904725469256_8903621829492446102_o.jpg
    'Make Me' cover revealed.
    has this guy like Stephen King some kind of word diarrhea??

In that case can he do a 007 between Reachers?
  • Synopsis for 'Make Me'.
    Jack Reacher has no place to go, and all the time in the world to get there, so a remote railroad stop with the curious name of Mother's Rest seems perfect for an aimless one-day stopover.

He expects to find a lonely tombstone in a sea of nearly-ripe wheat ... but instead there is a woman waiting for a missing private investigator, a cryptic note about two hundred deaths, and a small town full of silent, watchful people.

Reacher’s one-day stopover turns into an open-ended stay…Fasten your seatbelt for another nailbiting ride from the kick ass master of the thriller genre!