SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Not believable, for several reasons...
    1. Too much information ("He has to drive" - ???)
    2. Contradicting height indications (Taller than 6.2, but 1,80-1,95 m - ???)
    3. The name - why is there a name in the first place from the casting agency?
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 97
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Not believable, for several reasons...
    1. Too much information ("He has to drive" - ???)
    2. Contradicting height indications (Taller than 6.2, but 1,80-1,95 m - ???)
    3. The name - why is there a name in the first place from the casting agency?

It came directly from Debbie McWilliams, it's absolutely genuine...I believe Mi6 will be posting about it soon.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

"Hinx is the main henchman/assassin. We are looking for an imposing extremely physically fit actor. We are looking for someone very unusual"

PxRufM.jpg
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    It came directly from Debbie McWilliams, it's absolutely genuine...I believe Mi6 will be posting about it soon.

Great, thanks for that.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hinx you say? Born on Friday 14th! Yuck. That name stinks.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Well, that's what I call news. I would call it BS in other circumstances but as @JamesBondRadio is stating it's genuine then fine with me. Hinx might be simply a working name, however. They wouldn't reveal a character name in a casting call.
    I'm skeptical about the news, but would be happy if it was true.

Oh and casting idea: one of the actors who played The Mountain in Game of Thrones. They are imposing and all look unusual.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Don't forget, this is the second casting call we have seen for this film, the first being for the lead female with the working name of Miranda Frost, so there is no reason to think this is not true.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    The sources seem accurate, yes. I think Hinx if a fake name for now (and I hope so). But I am definitely happy to hear there will be a henchman for Bond 24. This makes me smile.
    If you want someone HUGE? How about Nikolai Valuev, the ex boxer? On a personal note? I would love Idris Elba or Christian Bale! :-bd
    Question: do they have usually fake names for casting calls in such productions?
    Didn't they use TWINE once?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    If you want someone HUGE? How about Nikolai Valuev, the ex boxer? On a personal note? I would love Idris Elba or Christian Bale! :-bd

Christian Bale as the henchman? COME ON! He is waay to good to play such an insignificant role in a movie.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Christian Bale as the henchman? COME ON! He is waay to good to play such an insignificant role in a movie.

Well if this person is gonna get as much action and screen time as they are suggesting? Why not?
    Too good looking, too famous. Id rather see an ugly, brutish looking unknown.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Too good looking, too famous. Id rather see an ugly, brutish looking unknown.

Hell i may audition myself then? Will have to wear stilts though!

:))
    Be glad it is Bond, Mendes and Fleming. If it were a Reacher film, we may have a casting call for a "physically imposing, very fit and tall" actor and end up with Tom Cruise. Which would kill me. (And as a Reacher fan, that still is a stab in my gut.)

Now all day I'll be trying to picture which actor (well enough known for me to guess) would fit this description. It may well be a lesser known actor, though. The main villain I'm betting will be a well established, well known actor.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    If this news is accurate then I'm guessing it'll be a relative unknown who catches the team's eye for having that freakish, unusual and memorable physical quality. I don't think their identity will be guessable.
    Yes, and I keep remember how Stamper was cast. That was classic.
    So it could well be someone we cannot guess.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I'm mad. I'm blonde. I'm German.

Or something like that :D
    edited August 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Yes; Götz Otto. Rather like:
    "I'm big, I'm bad, and I'm German. That's five seconds." Apparently, they asked him to say why he fit the role, within 20 seconds.

(Sometimes I read, he also said "I'm blonde" or "I'm bald")
    All well and good but this "Hinx" (I'll always be a Hinx to you James!) needs some sort of standout characteracteristic. Jaws has teeth, Oddjob has a hat, Stamper has a more "suit/sweat" appearance. It's not enough to just have a guy hang around - that is how you end up with deadly dull Zao or Kriegler or Chang or Gobinda or Hans or Patric.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Coming off of the success of Guardians of the Galaxy : Dave Bautista

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1176985/?ref_=tt_cl_t3
    It's nice for each Bond to have a classic hench man.

Connery: Oddjob
    Lazenby: Irma Bunt
    Moore: Jaws
    Dalton: you could say Necros, he's good enough but a bit cookie cutter
    Brosnan: Onatop
    Craig: absolute nothing so far. Let's fix that :)
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    As we mentioned in the MI6 article, the character name is likely to be a placeholder and could change prior to filming starting.

The big news here is they are looking for the next 'unknown' to become an iconic member of the franchise.
    JamesPage wrote: »
    As we mentioned in the MI6 article, the character name is likely to be a placeholder and could change prior to filming starting.

The big news here is they are looking for the next 'unknown' to become an iconic member of the franchise.

Why no MI6 article on David Arnold not returning?
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    If this news is accurate then I'm guessing it'll be a relative unknown who catches the team's eye for having that freakish, unusual and memorable physical quality. I don't think their identity will be guessable.
    My suggestion: the Mountain from Game of Thrones. Many past Bond actors already play or played in the series, why not look for future ones?
    JamesPage wrote: »

Why no MI6 article on David Arnold not returning?

Panchito, that is not confirmed though looks definitely likely. I think our site will update it when they know who the composer is for sure. Which does seem to be Newman due to his association with Mendes. Maybe we will know soon, maybe not.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Cast Kim Cold! I've been championing him to be a Bond goon for years now.