Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Master_Dahark, from what I've heard, TLOU doesn't really look or play any differently on the PS4. I still want to get my hands on it, I just don't have the money right now.
    I wonder if anyone has had the same problem as me. My PS3 has.... something messed up about it. It doesn't have the so called 'yellow light of death' because I understand that those can't be turned on, period. Mine turns on, blinks yellow and then turns off. However after doing it 5-10 times it will eventually stay on.

Obviously it's annoying though, lol

It's the reason I got the PS4 but there are so many great games I still like on the PS3!! Does anyone know where I can get mine fixed, or places that will trade in systems with one foot in the grave?

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    936090_10100447644249511_7475347749136370524_n.jpg

I had MGS V on the PS3 first- when that system died I wanted my first game to be something I was familiar with, and I was AMAZED at the difference in quality!!

Y'know what, I could deal with slightly decreased quality, if it meant I could save a few hundred bucks, but what really pisses me off is that your boxart is supremely better than the crappy face-shot of Big Boss that I have on mine!
    Mine had the ugly face too. I printed it- it's a dumb hobby of mine.

You should see my movie collection!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well you did a damn good job. It looks great, and it really should be the official boxart. If they're not going to go back to the Yoji Shinkawa art (I don't count the reverse side of the standard boxart for GZ, either), they should stop sticking face shots on the cover. If I wanna see the in-game model of a character I'll play the damn game.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,813
    I agree completely. Here's a taste of my collection:

photo_zps1bf487c5.jpg
    Blood Stone and Injustice look awesome. Red Dead never looked bad to begin with, and hasn't really changed. Clearly even making Fallout 3 look better can't make Fallout 3 look better (Fallout boxart always sucks). You do damn good work, man.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I just bought the last of us 2 days ago, played it for the first time and already completed it. This game is truly magnificent. A masterpiece in story telling and character interaction. This is by far now one of my favourite games.
    EMPIRE have published the results of the 100 Greatest Video Games Of All Time:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/100greatestgames/
  • Assassin's Creed 2 only makes it to 37? And no other Assassin's Creed games make the list at all? Boooooo.
    I was thinking the same, actually. I recall @thelivingroyale documenting it's development, but I don't recall him posting if he got around to playing it. :-?
    I wonder if @thelivingroyale ever played that Rambo game. I remember him talking a lot about it a while back, and how he was excited to get his hands on it.

I was excited for it when they announced it and I was eager to see more of it but then they started showing off the actual game, which didn't impress me at all, and some really bad reviews made me decide against getting it.

Shame because there's so much potential for a Rambo game if done right. He's one of the greatest characters of all time imo and he should translate perfectly to video games.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I felt compelled today to replay The Last of Us for some reason. There's only about a week until I have to go back to college, but I really want to run through it again. Should I?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Since that post, @livingroyale, I played Rambo: The Video Game. You were right not to go anywhere near it, it was terrible. An on rails shooter in 2014, why?
    EMPIRE have published the results of the 100 Greatest Video Games Of All Time:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/100greatestgames/

A few of myfavourites made the list:

#69 Uncharted: Drake's Deception
    #53 Sonic The Hedgehog (the first videogame I played, though it was on the Master System II, not the Mega Drive)
    #49 Resident Evil 2
    #42 Resident Evil
    #28 Batman: Arkham Asylum
    #22 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I have just been reading about Dragon Age: Origins. I have been playing an RPG called Dragon's Dogma, and have been looking for another similar game. That is when I found out about DA: Origins.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Bought LEGO Marvel Super Heroes yesterday and have hardly stopped playing.

Wow! I haven't had this much fun with a game in years. It is mind blowingly good.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love the LEGO games a lot as well. There's a nice charm about them, my favorite probably being their Indy game.
    Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut for the GameCube. I was never much of a Sonic player, but I've been having a time, I'll tell ya.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Played the latest episode of The Walking Dead last night.

How are me and @Agent007391 the only ones on here who have played this? It's soooo good. The actual game is mainly just picking dialouge options but the writing is great. It's more like a really good TV show (better than the actual show imo) than a game.

The only downside is how long it takes for episodes to come out. This episode ended with a cliff hanger and no usual "next time" teaser and it'll be another two months or so before I find out what happened.
    Are we seriously the only ones who played it? That's frickin' sad. Still haven't gotten to Season 2 yet, though that'll change when the retail release happens.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,813
    My girlfriend started a new game of Fallout 3- at the very beginning when Liam Neeson says 'Let's see, are you a girl or a boy?' I hear her shout 'WELL CHECK MY DICK'.

lol We're made for each other
    My girlfriend started a new game of Fallout 3- at the very beginning when Liam Neeson says 'Let's see, are you a girl or a boy?' I hear her shout 'WELL CHECK MY DICK'.

lol We're made for each other

That is brilliant, mate! =)) Give her a high five from me!
    Liam Neeson: Fallout's answer to Pokemon's Professor Oak.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Are we seriously the only ones who played it? That's frickin' sad. Still haven't gotten to Season 2 yet, though that'll change when the retail release happens.

I think we're the only ones, at least I don't think anyone else has talked about it if they have played it. Shame because I do think it's really good. I think maybe people are put off by the visuals (all cartoony/comic book like) and how it's not really a traditional game. I was at first, it really didn't seem like my sort of thing, but I gave it a try because I like the show and I ended up loving it.

Season 2 is really, really good. Probably better than the first one. The first episode is a bit slow and it's all about establishing the characters, etc, but after that it really picks up.

What I also love about the second season is how unpredictable it's been. Every time I think I know what's coming, something completely different seems to happen. There have been a load of moments that have really surprised me (EG- there was one character who I thought would be the main villain for the whole season but that's not how it played out at all).

The scale seems much bigger than the first one too. The action bits are much bigger and it just feels like there's more at stake, the story feels bigger (I think it's because in the first one, it was pretty much about the group just trying to survive really, there's much more going on this time).
    I'd already decided to buy it at retail, stop making me regret the decision to wait!
    Rockstar currently have a sale on the Playstation Store (not sure if they are also doing likewise for XBOX).

Amongst the offers are:

GTA V - £24.99
    GTA IV: The Complete Edition - £7.99
    Max Payne 3 - £3.99

and perhaps best of the lot:

Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare - £7.99
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Rockstar currently have a sale on the Playstation Store (not sure if they are also doing likewise for XBOX).

Amongst the offers are:

GTA V - £24.99
    GTA IV: The Complete Edition - £7.99
    Max Payne 3 - £3.99

and perhaps best of the lot:

Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare - £7.99

Max Payne 3 comes cheap.
    Well, it's practically a movie, so why not. ;-) Beautiful looking game, don't get me wrong, but almost no interactive stuff. Hardly worth to be called a game. And I just want to do this

tumblr_lss0eu2jNe1qdcri5o1_500.gif

while playing a game, not this

watching%20TV.jpg

;-)
    Dammit, I've seen what those hands come from and I can't remember what it is.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Dammit, I've seen what those hands come from and I can't remember what it is.

Apparently they're from the film Ghost in the Shell.
    Indeed. A true anime classic. You may have seen them also in the video clip of Wamdue Project's King Of My Castle back in '99. ;-)

Just got Quantum of Solace and Bloodstone for PC. Will be trying those out soon.
    @Ed83
    Interesting choices! For me, personally, Bloodstone is the stronger of the two. But opinions tend to conflict. ;-)
    I'm not a fan of the whole Games for Windows thing, but I'm giving QOS a chance. I played Nightfire when it came out years ago and had fun so I think both of these will be fun. I've got to fix the resolution on QOS because I'm running 3 monitors, but it looks really wonky right now.