"Name That Quote"

Comments

• Camille to Bond in QoS when he get's the note from Strawberry?? (Favourite Bondgirl!)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Camille to Bond in QoS when he get's the note from Strawberry?? (Favourite Bondgirl!)

That's not the one, but good guess! I love me some Camille, too. Fantastic character.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Camille to Bond in QoS when he get's the note from Strawberry?? (Favourite Bondgirl!)

That's not the one, but good guess! I love me some Camille, too. Fantastic character.

Actually, I was talking about Strawberry... :-S Please don't kill me :-??
    *shrugs* I don't mind Strawberry. Definitely not one of my favorites, she isn't fleshed out and, to me, seems to be there just so Bond has another girl to bed (which irks me, because there seems to be absolutely no sexual attraction between the two, just annoyance and bitter emotions, and boom, they're giggling and rolling in the sheets), and so they can make a nod to GF with her death.

BUT...she's still not too bad. ;-)
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    *shrugs* I don't mind Strawberry. Definitely not one of my favorites, she isn't fleshed out and, to me, seems to be there just so Bond has another girl to bed (which irks me, because there seems to be absolutely no sexual attraction between the two, just annoyance and bitter emotions, and boom, they're giggling and rolling in the sheets), and so they can make a nod to GF with her death.

Yeah, she is'nt very liked by the fans, but there's something about that I find amazing! She's smart, beautiful and a good agent. And I'm weak for redheads... ;)
    Creasy47 wrote:

A terribly edited, art housey, shit reference, at that.

Uh as for the quote, is it Kara to Bond when they open up the box of "ice" on the plane in TLD?
  • Creasy47 wrote:

A terribly edited, art housey, shit reference, at that.

Uh as for the quote, is it Kara to Bond when they open up the box of "ice" on the plane in TLD?

I'm with you on that one. I don't like her death at all. It simply does'nt feel right...
    It's not Kara to Bond. Agreed, her death was horrible. She just feels shoehorned in to the story for those two moments.

I'll give a hint, as it seems to be a general quote: it's from a Moore film.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It's not Kara to Bond. Agreed, her death was horrible. She just feels shoehorned in to the story for those two moments.

I'll give a hint, as it seems to be a general quote: it's from a Moore film.

Hmm. Seems like a villain inquiring about a situation. Zorin? He has a lot of dialogue with his henchmen.
    It's neither Zorin nor in AVTAK.
    Octopussy to Magda when she announces that Kamal Khan is there to see her? Probably giving up if this one is wrong.
    Octopussy to Magda when she announces that Kamal Khan is there to see her? Probably giving up if this one is wrong.

That isn't it, either. It's not in OP, either, so that should narrow it down a bit.
    Anya to Bond in TSWLM at a point where Bond is required to explain something for the audience (possibly to do with Liparus) :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Shot in the dark here, but is it Kananga inquiring about one of Solitaire's visions in LALD?
    It's neither of those, but you're pretty close with your guess, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7.
    Stealing inspiration from @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 is it Solitaire to Bond discussing Lovers Lessons?
    It is LALD, but that's not it. Another hint: half of Brady's guess was correct.
    Kananga when asking what the shark gun is.

That's it! Over to you, my friend.
    Thanks @Creasy. And in keeping with your line, next up is:

"What is that?"
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,449

I win! :D

No, is it Bond asking about the Octopussy tattoo in OP?
    No, it's not that.

I'll give a clue straight off. It's this character's only line in the film.
    No, it's not that.

I'll give a clue straight off. It's this character's only line in the film.

It's one of the girls at Piz Gloria inquiring about Hilary Bray's profession. Not Ruby, one of the others. "A genealogist. What is that?"

Really, though, if you were to look at the scripts I'm willing to bet this line is in half the films. Too generic.
    No it's not from OHMSS.

If I was to give an easier quote SNS, someone would get it in seconds.
    @StirredNotShaken, we're 100 pages in, we have to spice it up somehow. If we say things like "I know where you keep your gun. Suppose that's something" or "Beg your pardon. Forgot to knock," then it turns more into a "Who can get to the thread first?" kind of game.
    No it's not from OHMSS.

But it is. I know the scene. I don't doubt it's in another film because I can think of at least two other utterances of it.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 6,396
    No it's not from OHMSS.

But it is. I know the scene. I don't doubt it's in another film because I can think of at least two other utterances of it.

No the quote I'm thinking of is not from OHMSS.
    No it's not from OHMSS.

I'm sure he just means that it's not from the scene in question. I haven't watched OHMSS in a while, but I think I remember the scene, as well. Just like my "What is it?" quote. I was looking for the one from LALD, though I'm sure it exists in quite a few other films. It's just hard to find a quote that's not only unique to a film, but not something that instantly gives it away, either.
    Well I believe Felix gives a "What is that?" at some point in LALD, and I just watched Octopussy and Bond asks it when he sees Magda's tattoo. Otherwise I again pass on this round.
    Mmmm is it the traffic wardens as Bond soaks them...TWINE PTS ?