Real life villains

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Barack Obama- there's a real life villain for you!

Oh, controversial opinion on such a liberal forum! That said, I have a book called The Black Mussolini (2011) by H. von Bulow:

"People elect their own dictators and tyrants...
    Germany elected Hitler...

Italy elected Mussolini...

Venezuela elected Chavez

America elected Obama!

Will we follow suit?
    "

The title intrigued me so I bought it from Amazon.

P.S. I think Obama was just a big celebrity presidency but that he delivered NOTHING.

That's what you gotta love about politics: you have people voting for these candidates, then complaining year after year when they're in office. You vote, you don't get to complain. Like George Carlin said, it's not like these politicians magically fall out of the sky into their respective positions.

Oh, and Cheney as a real life villain? He'd make a good one, he'd shotgun pop anyone who disagreed!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Barack Obama- there's a real life villain for you!

Oh, controversial opinion on such a liberal forum! That said, I have a book called The Black Mussolini (2011) by H. von Bulow:

"People elect their own dictators and tyrants...
    Germany elected Hitler...

Italy elected Mussolini...

Venezuela elected Chavez

America elected Obama!

Will we follow suit?
    "

The title intrigued me so I bought it from Amazon.

P.S. I think Obama was just a big celebrity presidency but that he delivered NOTHING.

That's what you gotta love about politics: you have people voting for these candidates, then complaining year after year when they're in office. You vote, you don't get to complain. Like George Carlin said, it's not like these politicians magically fall out of the sky into their respective positions.

Oh, and Cheney as a real life villain? He'd make a good one, he'd shotgun pop anyone who disagreed!

@Dragonpol: Precisely- there was one reason and one reason only that Obama was elected into office, and it certainly goes without having to be said. He pulled the typical "hope/change" slogans to appear ready for the Oval Office, but what has he done besides wrap his administration up in scandals such as Benghazi, the IRS, and this most recent prisoner swap escapade? He's an incompetent airhead and a true enemy to the United States, and the world, for that matter. I am fully convinced that he's dirty- there's no way he doesn't have his paws into illegal, anti-American activities. He's way too soft on terrorism, never speaking out against the Muslim radicals, and he is turning our culture against its roots through all of these bogus minority special privileges that put the majority down at the expense of mainly people who aren't supposed to be in the USA in the first place. Talk about a real life villain, there he is, ladies and gentlemen- Barack Houssein Obama!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Still better than Romney. Obama somewhat let us down, but Romney would have set us back 30 years.
    Murdock wrote:
    Still better than Romney. Obama somewhat let us down, but Romney would have set us back 30 years.

How? He actually has had real success and experience, particularly with the economic side of things, which would have been an incredibly valuable asset to the Oval Office, what with our national debt being the way it is. Obama is only digging that hole deeper each day he is still in power.
    Romney didn't exactly endear himself to the British public. He visited the UK for a couple of days in the build up to London 2012 and took it upon himself to insult us so I'm glad he didn't win the election.
    Romney didn't exactly endear himself to the British public. He visited the UK for a couple of days in the build up to London 2012 and took it upon himself to insult us so I'm glad he didn't win the election.

I remember hearing something about that. Didn't he trash the lack of security for the Olympics or something?
    Creasy47 wrote:

I remember hearing something about that. Didn't he trash the lack of security for the Olympics or something?

Yeah and saying he didn't think we were ready to host it. What a muppet.
    And it looks like those of us in the US didn't think he was ready to "host" the presidency, HEYOHHHHH!!
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

How? He actually has had real success and experience, particularly with the economic side of things, which would have been an incredibly valuable asset to the Oval Office, what with our national debt being the way it is. Obama is only digging that hole deeper each day he is still in power.

Him and his running mate wanted to keep the glass ceiling or whatever to keep women's pay grades less than that of men's and his running mate in particular wanted to completely ban Gay marriage. That's not a step forward. That's a big step backwards. At least Obama was talking about relevant issues and not issues that went against his religion. Neither were great, but Obama was obviously better. Ever hear of separation of church and state? I live by that philosophy.
    Murdock wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Him and his running mate wanted to keep the glass ceiling or whatever to keep women's pay grades less than that of men's and his running mate in particular wanted to completely ban Gay marriage. That's not a step forward. That's a big step backwards. At least Obama was talking about relevant issues and not issues that went against his religion. Neither were great, but Obama was obviously better. Ever hear of separation of church and state? I live by that philosophy.

Well said.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I knew this thread was a dangerous one to step in. On my way out...
  • You want a real-life villain that was already anticipated in the 007 series: I'll nominate the real-life Elliot Carvers who manipulate the news media to push their own political agendas. Whether or not Barack Obama has been a "perfect" president, it's pretty clear that his intentions are honest and genuine. He's a fairly middle-of-the-road politician as US pols go...and only the warped perspective of right-leaning media can even consider painting him in any other fashion. Interesting how his foes are now conveniently forgetting Obamacare -- now that it's starting to succeed. What a terrible, villainous ploy THAT was, getting health care for the uninsured!
    You want a real-life villain that was already anticipated in the 007 series: I'll nominate the real-life Elliot Carvers who manipulate the news media to push their own political agendas. Whether or not Barack Obama has been a "perfect" president, it's pretty clear that his intentions are honest and genuine. He's a fairly middle-of-the-road politician as US pols go...and only the warped perspective of right-leaning media can even consider painting him in any other fashion. Interesting how his foes are now conveniently forgetting Obamacare -- now that it's starting to succeed. What a terrible, villainous ploy THAT was, getting health care for the uninsured!

I don't mean to start a debate, but a man who is clear and genuine does not spy on his own people, and then brand the man who exposed this CRIMINAL activity a traitor.

edited June 2014 Posts: 16,330
    Bush and Nixon spied on American citizens too. It's nothing new.

As Bond once said. "Governments change, the lies stay the same."
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,762
    Murdock wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Well said.

Separation of church and state has everything to do with keeping government OUT of religion, and nothing to do with keeping religion out of government. Liberals these days have managed to twist that phrase into a weapon against conservatives, namely Christians. Not exactly an accurare philosophy to live by. And what's wrong with banning gay marriage? We've lived without it for this many years and been just fine. I'd much rather not have it- aside from my Christian beliefs, I also believe it'll ruin America. Once the gays have it, who's next for minority special privilege superiority? It'll never end. That being said, Obama is a menace who must be stopped.
    My responses are bolded.
    00Beast wrote:
    Separation of church and state has everything to do with keeping government OUT of religion, and nothing to do with keeping religion out of government.

Wrong.

Liberals these days have managed to twist that phrase into a weapon against conservatives, namely Christians.

Not really.

Not exactly an accurare philosophy to live by.

That's your opinion.

And what's wrong with banning gay marriage? We've lived without it for this many years and been just fine.

Telling people that they can't get married because they are gay is borderline fascism. And Homosexuality has been around since the bible days. read up on it.

I'd much rather not have it- aside from my Christian beliefs, I also believe it'll ruin America.

Your letting your religion dictate politics which is not right. And why would Homosexuality ruin America? Why does Love have to be judged by the government? Because a 2000 year old book said it was wrong? In the Bible Divorce is wrong and punishable by death. Yet people are getting divorced more and more everyday.

Once the gays have it, who's next for minority special privilege superiority? It'll never end. That being said, Obama is a menace who must be stopped.

And I stopped caring after this point. Your argument is heavily influenced by your religion and anti homosexual feelings. Your thinking for yourself and not the people. I have several gay friends and it's this bigoted behavior that makes me loose faith in humanity.

Mods you can close this thread down.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,762
    Fascism? Uhhh, how about American? I highly doubt the Founding Fathers would approve of the loads of garbage being drummed up by the liberals these days. They founded the USA on Biblical, moral, and straight-minded principles, not "if it feels, good do it/define your own truth" emptiness. I'm thinking for the future of The United States of America, which isn't looking too grand at the moment. And just to be clear, the "separation of church and state" IS about keeping government OUT of religion. Read up on its history and origin. Bottom line? Obama is a real life villain- he's running this country into the ground, and on purpose.
    And you didn't answer any of my questions or argue any of my points. Let me educate you. You can believe what you want. Your a Christian. I'm a Christian too and a realist. But you know what? I'm also bisexual. Yep that's right. I look out for my fellow man and woman. And I don't take too kindly to having someone say, that I can't marry someone based on my sexual preferences. America is LAND OF THE FREE. Not land of the free except homosexuals. Believe what you want, but don't tread on my rights because of your religious beliefs. Obama's trying to clean up a mess that George W. Bush made. I voted for Obama and I'm glad I did.

We live in the 21st Century now and you have some growing up to do.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 316
    Whoa, okay, totally interjecting here, but...

I know he's just about as opposite of a villain as can be, but the former pope, Benedict XVI, certainly LOOKS very villainous.

pope-benedict-xvi.jpg
    Speaking of the Pope and real life villains (and TRYING to keep this on track now), does anyone agree that the current Pope, Pope Francis, looks EXACTLY like an older version of Elliot Carver?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Speaking of the Pope and real life villains (and TRYING to keep this on track now), does anyone agree that the current Pope, Pope Francis, looks EXACTLY like an older version of Elliot Carver?

Yes and he's awesome. :))
  • @Creasy47 I can see where you see Carver in Francis. I think he looks a tiny bit like General Gogol as well.
    Murdock wrote:
    And you didn't answer any of my questions or argue any of my points. Let me educate you. You can believe what you want. Your a Christian. I'm a Christian too and a realist. But you know what? I'm also bisexual. Yep that's right. I look out for my fellow man and woman. And I don't take too kindly to having someone say, that I can't marry someone based on my sexual preferences. America is LAND OF THE FREE. Not land of the free except homosexuals. Believe what you want, but don't tread on my rights because of your religious beliefs. Obama's trying to clean up a mess that George W. Bush made. I voted for him and I'm glad I did.

We live in the 21st Century now and you have some growing up to do.

George made a mess? What mess? He's the MAN who kicked the Islamists' butts when they tried to take us down- he did what Obama can't do- show a little backbone. Bush protected us. Obama is weakening us. George W. Bush is one of the greatest presidents who ever graced the Oval Office. We need his spirit in the White House, not an incompetent bozo whose experience might as well be non-existant. You're right, America is land of the free; I am glad that it is. But the Obama Administration is seeing to it that MY people, conservative Christians, essentially have no ability to proclaim God's Truth as it is. He's stripping Christians' rights to the bone- Land of the Free? I'd like to believe so too, but not with Obama. More like Land of the Illegal Immigrant or Land of the Any Ethnicity and Sexual Orientation Besides White Heterosexuals.

I live in the 21st Century- the 21st Century where Christians should still be able to express the truth without having to jump through thousands of political/social hurdles. At least George W. Bush made that a little easier for us. Talk about a real life HERO.
    00Beast wrote:
    George made a mess? What mess? He's the MAN who kicked the Islamists' butts when they tried to take us down- he did what Obama can't do- show a little backbone. Bush protected us. Obama is weakening us. George W. Bush is one of the greatest presidents who ever graced the Oval Office. We need his spirit in the White House, not an incompetent bozo whose experience might as well be non-existant. You're right, America is land of the free; I am glad that it is. But the Obama Administration is seeing to it that MY people, conservative Christians, essentially have no ability to proclaim God's Truth as it is. He's stripping Christians' rights to the bone- Land of the Free? I'd like to believe so too, but not with Obama. More like Land of the Illegal Immigrant or Land of the Any Ethnicity and Sexual Orientation Besides White Heterosexuals.

I live in the 21st Century- the 21st Century where Christians should still be able to express the truth without having to jump through thousands of political/social hurdles. At least George W. Bush made that a little easier for us. Talk about a real life HERO.

Oh I'm sorry. my sides are hurting too much. Great joke by the way. ;)
    1191763_o.gif
    Name me a reason why there should be any negativity regarding George Bush's presidency- that I'd love to hear.
    00Beast wrote:
    Name me a reason why there should be any negativity regarding George Bush's presidency- that I'd love to hear.

Let's see I'll name 31.

Took more vacation time than any other President
    Invaded Iraq to get rid of WMDs which didn’t exist
    Implemented protectionist steel tariffs
    Outed a CIA agent for political purposes
    Fired prosecutors who refused to abuse their positions for political purposes
    Disregarded FISA laws and wiretappd Americans without warrants
    Never caught Osama Bin Laden
    Failed to plan for Iraq occupation after Saddam’s government fell and the subsequent occupation has killed 150,000 Iraqi civilians.
    Created a vague “enemy combatant” status in order to indefinitely hold foreigners and even US citizens without trying or charging them with a crime.
    Used torture to interrogate prisoners despite evidence that says information acquired through unreliable
    Prematurely said the mission in Iraq had been accomplished.
    Approved budgets that outspent our tax revenue by hundreds of billions of dollars.
    Poor leadership on response to Hurrican Katrina
    Little or no policy changes on our changing climate
    Didn’t veto a single bill for six years and when he finally did it was to shoot down the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act.
    Passed the Military Commissions Act, which removes the right to Habeus Corpus, one of the most fundamental safe guards against tyrannical governments.
    Pulled out of the Anti-Ballistic Missle Treaty
    Issues illegal “signing statements” when passing bills, saying which portions of the bill he will or won’t enforce.? This essentially allows him to rewrite legislation.
    Pushed for elections in Palestine that lead to a Hamas victory, and then tried to overthrow them.
    Allowed Don Rumsfeld to outsource much of the Iraq war to security contractors which are not subject to Iraqi or American military laws or standards.
    Tried to appoint his personal attorney, Harriet Myers, to the supreme court.
    Dangerous diplomatic philosophy that discourages peaceful negotiations with certain nations.
    Appointed John Bolton, a man who said “there is no such thing as the United Nations“, as the UN Ambassador.
    Consistent intellectual disinterest in his job.
    Failed to act on warning signs of the September, 11th attacks.
    Was dishonest with the American people about his National Guard service.
    Lied about giving up golf in a time of war.
    Dissolving the Iraqi army right after the war, putting thousands of trained soldiers into the insurgency.
    Believing Paul Wolfowitz that the war and subsequent reconstruction would pay for itself with Iraqi oil revenue.
    His policies contributed to a quadrupling of the price of oil.
    Lied to the American people that Saddam Hussein was working with Al-Qaeda
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote:
    As Bond once said. "Governments change, the lies stay the same."
    The best & most succinct post on this thread.
    Good one, Wes.
    Murdock wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Let's see I'll name 31.

Took more vacation time than any other President
    Invaded Iraq to get rid of WMDs which didn’t exist
    Implemented protectionist steel tariffs
    Outed a CIA agent for political purposes
    Fired prosecutors who refused to abuse their positions for political purposes
    Disregarded FISA laws and wiretappd Americans without warrants
    Never caught Osama Bin Laden
    Failed to plan for Iraq occupation after Saddam’s government fell and the subsequent occupation has killed 150,000 Iraqi civilians.
    Created a vague “enemy combatant” status in order to indefinitely hold foreigners and even US citizens without trying or charging them with a crime.
    Used torture to interrogate prisoners despite evidence that says information acquired through unreliable
    Prematurely said the mission in Iraq had been accomplished.
    Approved budgets that outspent our tax revenue by hundreds of billions of dollars.
    Poor leadership on response to Hurrican Katrina
    Little or no policy changes on our changing climate
    Didn’t veto a single bill for six years and when he finally did it was to shoot down the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act.
    Passed the Military Commissions Act, which removes the right to Habeus Corpus, one of the most fundamental safe guards against tyrannical governments.
    Pulled out of the Anti-Ballistic Missle Treaty
    Issues illegal “signing statements” when passing bills, saying which portions of the bill he will or won’t enforce.? This essentially allows him to rewrite legislation.
    Pushed for elections in Palestine that lead to a Hamas victory, and then tried to overthrow them.
    Allowed Don Rumsfeld to outsource much of the Iraq war to security contractors which are not subject to Iraqi or American military laws or standards.
    Tried to appoint his personal attorney, Harriet Myers, to the supreme court.
    Dangerous diplomatic philosophy that discourages peaceful negotiations with certain nations.
    Appointed John Bolton, a man who said “there is no such thing as the United Nations“, as the UN Ambassador.
    Consistent intellectual disinterest in his job.
    Failed to act on warning signs of the September, 11th attacks.
    Was dishonest with the American people about his National Guard service.
    Lied about giving up golf in a time of war.
    Dissolving the Iraqi army right after the war, putting thousands of trained soldiers into the insurgency.
    Believing Paul Wolfowitz that the war and subsequent reconstruction would pay for itself with Iraqi oil revenue.
    His policies contributed to a quadrupling of the price of oil.
    Lied to the American people that Saddam Hussein was working with Al-Qaeda

More vacation time than any other president? Obviously you haven't been paying attention to Barack "Let's Take a Trip" Obama- there's a vacation happy president.

Invaded Iraq? That was necessary- those Muslims had it coming to them, and actually the WMD's did exist- they were just hidden by the time we were able to get over there. That's fact.

Wiretapped Americans without warrants? Who cares? If you're doing what you should be doing, you have nothing to worry about. Only law-breakers cry injustice to wiretapping.

Never caught Osama bin Laden? Oh, and Obama did? All Obama did was press the go-ahead button. The military unit that carried out the operation did all the work. Obama just took the glory like a self-righteous tool.

Used torture for interrogation? Who cares? Prisoners are prisoners because they committed wrongdoing- if they refuse to give up information, torture is necessary to extract it. They could do it the easy way, but they wanted to play hardball, so Bush played it and got what we needed. Unlike Obama, Bush was effective.

Poor leadership on Hurricane Katrina? What was he supposed to do? Clean up all the streets himself? That's a state matter for Louisiana, with federal assistance where needed. What did Bush not do right, in your mind?

Policy changes regarding our changing climate? Global warming is a joke. It's not real. Bush used smart economic planning by not wasting money on a non-existent issue.

Discouraging peaceful diplomatic relations? How about those nations don't want to have peaceful ties with the USA? Bush lives in the real world where there are nations that are hostile to us, and it's a waste of time and money to try and establish "relations" with them. (Obama has been draining TONS of money trying to be friendly with the double-crossing, two-faced Pakistan for way too long)

TL:DR. Give it up. I don't care anymore. We get it, You hate Obama. Boo hoo. God Bless America. **==

I called you out and you just ignored it. If you can't be civil, I'm not going to waste my energy. Mods close up this useless thread.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I really shouldn't have to come in here and say this, but for the love of all that is Bondian in this world, can we shut the hell up?

It's amazing how little this community can get along and speak with respect to each other like mature adults when it comes to religion and politics.

Mods, please, I beg of you to close this thing down before it gets any worse.