The Battle Of The Bonds Elimination Game. Post game discussion.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Monday Vote:

Sean Connery : 57
    Roger Moore 29 (+1)
    Timothy Dalton : 12 (-1)

Daniel Craig : 40

Eliminated:
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,425
    Poor Tim. Oblivion beckons. 4th place. Only just ahead of Brozza? Is that all he deserves...?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Only thing that disturbs me in this game is that Brosnan is so high.
    Are you kidding me? George did better in one film than Tim did in two. Thats the most tragic thing, that he's so low...
    Only thing that disturbs me in this game is that Brosnan is so high.

Quite. I'd have definitely reversed Brosnan and Laz's rankings. I am a big fan of the Lazonator. Had he done a couple more I think he would have been a true challenger for greatness. Although it's difficult to think of how he could have topped Service.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited June 2014 Posts: 16,333
    It's just a game folks, keep it nice.
    Lazenby being last place (how cliche) was a bummer for me, but expected I guess. I think most people's personal rankings will be different from this one at least a little bit. If Connery and Craig take the Top 2 spots though I can't complain, as they are my favorite two Bonds to this point.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 16,333
    I want Craig to win. Just to shake things up.
    There is shaking things up, and there is going against natural law. Only bad can come of challenging God's divinely ordained plan.
    I enjoy Connery's films as much as the next guy, but I don't think he's the best.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Sean Connery : 57
    Roger Moore 28 (-1)
    Timothy Dalton : 13 (+1)

Daniel Craig : 40

Eliminated:
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Getafix wrote:
    There is shaking things up, and there is going against natural law. Only bad can come of challenging God's divinely ordained plan.

And even worse occurs when one sees the only option as being to follow the orders of a man in the clouds.

Though I am kind of confused here. When you say "God," are you referring to Sean or that other guy? Not quite sure.
    Getafix wrote:

And even worse occurs when one sees the only option as being to follow the orders of a man in the clouds.

Though I am kind of confused here. When you say "God," are you referring to Sean or that other guy? Not quite sure.

They're two different people?
    To be honest. I wanted Brosnan to win because he's sadly become the Franchise punching back as of late.
    Murdock wrote:
    To be honest. I wanted Brosnan to win because he's sadly become the Franchise punching back as of late.

There may be an underlying reason for that.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 45,489
    What could it be?
    Getafix wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

There may be an underlying reason for that.

Well considering I think his first three films were good with Die Another Day being mediocre. It's safe to say, I don't blame him for his shortcomings.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Well, for members like myself of the Connery Brotherhood, no. But for other ignorant believers, apparently plenty of people believe in this guy who is the creator of us all, and he had a son, and then that son got tied to a cross or something. And well, you get the point. I find it all to be BS, really. Plus, when Sean turns water into wine it looks so much cooler. He even did this trick for the Brotherhood once where he turned water into a vodka martini that already had a lemon peel in it. Cool stuff; had to be there.
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Well, for members like myself of the Connery Brotherhood, no. But for other ignorant believers, apparently plenty of people believe in this guy who is the creator of us all, and he had a son, and then that son got tied to a cross or something. And well, you get the point. I find it all to be BS, really. Plus, when Sean turns water into wine it looks so much cooler. He even did this trick for the Brotherhood once where he turned water into a vodka martini that already had a lemon peel in it. Cool stuff; had to be there.

You lost me a little. Are we talking about Jason Connery? He was an awful Robin Hood.
    Alright this thread has gotten derailed enough. Back to the game please.
    Murdock wrote:

Yessir! Applying for mod status soon? ;)
    Murdock wrote:

Yessir! Applying for mod status soon? ;)

Bruce Murdock is THE ENFORCER, after all. B-)
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Sean Connery : 59 (+1)
    Roger Moore : 28
    Timothy Dalton : 12
    Daniel Craig :39 (-1)

Eliminated :

5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    Sean Connery : 59
    Roger Moore : 29 (+1)
    Timothy Dalton : 11 (-1)
    Daniel Craig :39

Eliminated :

5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Might Roger make a comeback to surpass Daniel?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Tuesday vote:

Roger Moore : 30 +1
    Timothy Dalton : 10 -1

Eliminated :

5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby

I am predicting that once Tim finally gracefully resigns the part after hanging in there doggedly for 6 years, Sir Rog will mount a fierce counter attack.
    Tuesday vote:

Roger Moore : 31 +1
    Timothy Dalton : 9 -1

Eliminated :

5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Getafix wrote:

Actually I was talking to a guy the other day who had opportunity to visit heaven ( in a dream or vision I guess) Anyway he was being toured around, and said he noticed a guy louging about the celestial bar, looking very suave and confident, decked out in a tux, with an Aston Martin parked outside.
    He asked who that might be. The tour guide replied, oh that's God. He likes to think he's Sean Connery. :P

Monday

Sean Connery : 60 +1
    Roger Moore : 31
    Timothy Dalton : 9
    Daniel Craig :38 -1

Eliminated :

5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    Sean Connery : 59 (-1)
    Roger Moore : 31
    Timothy Dalton : 10 (+1)
    Daniel Craig :38