"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

RogueAgent wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    The awkward moment when Arsene Wenger lets off a silent but deadly fart :

Bcg3igUIEAAjv3j.jpg

It has turned one of his players green!!! :))

No. That's Nicholas Bendnter. ;-)

:))
  • RC7RC7
    Am I allowed to laugh yet?
    RC7 wrote:
    Am I allowed to laugh yet?

always
    10352289_10204092289327271_7512003297983832280_n.jpg?oh=4b16d22fcf5066ed69771a8bad272be4&oe=53ED43C9

10336854_10152004798042854_310134389624600815_n.jpg

10291043_10204092317007963_5081980679619669679_n.jpg

10300314_10152402165549165_2319638550160227354_n.jpg

:D
    I don't care much for British soccer but take this opportunity to offer congratulations to Liverpool Football Club on their championship success, and that's a nice looking shirt in the above. The players and families must be really excited. Have a good celebration OK
    I don't care much for British soccer but take this opportunity to offer congratulations to Liverpool Football Club on their championship success, and that's a nice looking shirt in the above. The players and families must be really excited. Have a good celebration OK

You're right, you don't care much for football.

Manchester City won the title! :))
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,502
    And in this community, the term "soccer" does not exist, @Baltimore! ;)

You're right, you don't care much for football.

Manchester City won the title! :))

Bless ya Baltimore! That post i did find amusing! Congratulations to Man City! =D>
    Congrats to Manchester City for winning the championship.
    REally looking forward to Athletico Madrid - FC Barcelona, the winner of this match will be the champion of Spain.

What a great way to end a competition. and very surprising that Barcelona still has a chance to become Champion.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,502
    SaintMark wrote:
    REally looking forward to Athletico Madrid - FC Barcelona, the winner of this match will be the champion of Spain.

What a great way to end a competition. and very surprising that Barcelona still has a chance to become Champion.

Yes, indeed... Our performances have been nothing but appalling the last couple of weeks. It seems like the team has lost all its spark, and the movement and cohesion is just not there anymore. By shair luck we were given a newborn opportunity to win the league if we could scrape together two victories, and how do we respond? Failing to score against Elche, 0-0!! X_X Again its pure luck that Aletico didn't wrap up the league with a win...

Right now we don't look like a team capable of beating Atletico (or anyone for that matter...), but I sure hope the players will finaly bring their a-game next weekend! [-O<
    By the way, I guess it is still not too late to congratulate on winning the Eredivisie! =D>

Again... How many times is it now?
    Hilarious that West Brom have got rid of their manager, and as i understand apparently Chris Hughton and Malky Mackay are the front runners? Gutted as i would like Mackay at Norwich to try and bring us back quickly.

Then at work this afternoon, my mate who is a big Baggies fan has a mate who is a massive Norwich fan who lives there. He said that today that Steve Clarke was seen there today for an interview?!!! Neil Adams is in the running too but i just don't see that happening although he had the impossible to do! Either way i guess we will find out by the weeks end they have stated?!
    jobo wrote:
    By the way, I guess it is still not too late to congratulate on winning the Eredivisie! =D>

Again... How many times is it now?

4 times in the last 4 years did Ajax Amsterdam win the championship. This year was the poorest effort they won because the rest was really shit and all they had to do was keep doing their thing.

The sad news is that through Ajax actions, or lack of them, our last local team in the Eredivisie was directly relegated. Ajax played the next to last team and could not do the decent thing and try to win.

I am curious what next year will bring the Dutch football game.

Tim Sherwood has been 'released' (sacked) as Tottenham boss and Chris Hughton is being linked with WBA...
    barryt007 wrote:
    Tim Sherwood has been 'released' (sacked) as Tottenham boss and Chris Hughton is being linked with WBA...

If we don't get Malky Mackay? I would welcome ex player Tim Sherwood to Norwich that's for sure! He is passionate and right now i think that's what we could do with!
    I agree,i think Tim Sherwood would be an excellent choice for Norwich.It would also give him time in a lower league to gain experience and to shape Norwich how he wants.
    I do hope that de Boer is not tempted to accept a job from Tottenham, it would be a step back for him quality wise and in freedom.
    barryt007 wrote:
    I agree,i think Tim Sherwood would be an excellent choice for Norwich.It would also give him time in a lower league to gain experience and to shape Norwich how he wants.

Just keep my fingers crossed!
    [-O<
    RogueAgent wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:

[-O<

10155020_10152123236487637_4425643423433957312_n.jpg

;-)
    RogueAgent wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:

[-O<

10155020_10152123236487637_4425643423433957312_n.jpg

;-)

If he puts it up the opposition Willy? I will be happy and take the 3 points! :))
    Sherwood is being heavily linked with Brighton.....
    SaintMark wrote:
    I do hope that de Boer is not tempted to accept a job from Tottenham, it would be a step back for him quality wise and in freedom.

I would suspect De Boer has better options than Tottenham… And I believe he is on record as saying he is not satisfied with his work at Ajax before they do a decent job in the knock out stages of the Champions League. I believe that "when" he leaves Ajax, it will be for a better team than Tottenham. Possibly even Barcelona…?

Speaking of manager appointments: It seems pretty certain now that Luis Enrique will be new head coach of Barcelona next season, and reportedly he demands a transfer revolution. It will be interesting to see what he can do with a world class squad. His work with Barcelona B and Celta Vigo has been excellent, but at Roma he seemed helpless. Anyway it is apparent that Tata Martino has lost control over the dressing room, and he is simply not up for the task of building a new team worthy of the best in Europe. I sure hope the board of directors finally will do some decent appointments and signings for once…
    Congratulations to the sheihk's who bought the man city fans the EPL trophy, and for not sticking to the financial fair play rule.

Kick them out of europe next season as a penalty. Come on Platini,do SOMETHING.
    001 wrote:
    Congratulations to the sheihk's who bought the man city fans the EPL trophy, and for not sticking to the financial fair play rule.

With the FIFA through Blatter and the EUFA through Platini there will never be NO corruption, after all big money is involved.
    001 wrote:

And who ever said Scousers weren't gracious in defeat... ;-)
    FIFA wont do anything more...£50,000,000 in their bank will easily suffice,even though it will do NOTHING to City.

Just a drop in the ocean.
  • RC7RC7
    001 wrote:

And who ever said Scousers weren't gracious in defeat... ;-)

There is a reason stereotypes are perpetuated. Always the victim etc.
    barryt007 wrote:

No idea off the top of my head but didn't Brighton sneak into the playoffs on the final day?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:

No idea off the top of my head but didn't Brighton sneak into the playoffs on the final day?

Yes, they got stuffed 6-2 by Derby in the play offs.