"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Based upon the performance of Chelsea against Athletico I do hope they get overrun and learn the price of anti-football should be defeat. Morinho deserves that in my humble opinion.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Based upon the performance of Chelsea against Athletico I do hope they get overrun and learn the price of anti-football should be defeat. Morinho deserves that in my humble opinion.

Agreed..he has behaved like a spoilt,sulking brat lately.
    barryt007 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

He is rude and always creates conflict where there is none and should none be. At the end of the day football is just a game and the outcome of a game will not alter the shape or history of the world.
    SaintMark wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

He is rude and always creates conflict where there is none and should none be. At the end of the day football is just a game and the outcome of a game will not alter the shape or history of the world.

Which is why i want them to lose every game thats left and to go out of the CL to Atletico....

barryt007 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

Which is why i want them to lose every game thats left and to go out of the CL to Atletico....

From a Norwich point of view i hope they win, and get injuries! That means we would play their third string 11 and hopefully get a point if not three? ;) :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

From a Norwich point of view i hope they win, and get injuries! That means we would play their third string 11 and hopefully get a point if not three? ;) :-bd

Just think of Villa and Palace...Chelsea are definately beatable...

RogueAgent wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

Can't they lose and get injuries, which saves the rest of Europe watching this abomination of football. And Morinho loses, which is always a nice thing.

SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

Can't they lose and get injuries, which saves the rest of Europe watching this abomination of football. And Morinho loses, which is always a nice thing.

Sounds great to me,i will definately second that !!

I fear for you, @RogueAgent after today's result. Of all the times to have to play United, it could have been worse timing.

Norwich haven't been in the relegation zone all season but they could end up being sent down on the last day of the season.
  • RC7RC7
    I fear for you, @RogueAgent after today's result. Of all the times to have to play United, it could have been worse timing.

Norwich haven't been in the relegation zone all season but they could end up being sent down on the last day of the season.

Norwich were awful today and United played like they should have done all season. Peculiar game.
    Now we are safe and can look forward to another season in the prem, I would like to see the following

1 Norwich stay up - just for rogue and 6 points next season
    2 Liverpool to win the league as brenden deserves it, one of the best managers we ever had and it would be good to see them win it after the way they played this season and a board that did not panic and gave him the tine and funds to do a job he was paid to do
    3 Cardiff to be relegated and for the numpty of a owner to go back to Malaysia and get out of football as he made Cardiff a laughing stock this season, which was funny and sad
    largo2 wrote:
    Now we are safe and can look forward to another season in the prem, I would like to see the following

1 Norwich stay up - just for rogue and 6 points next season
    2 Liverpool to win the league as brenden deserves it, one of the best managers we ever had and it would be good to see them win it after the way they played this season and a board that did not panic and gave him the tine and funds to do a job he was paid to do
    3 Cardiff to be relegated and for the numpty of a owner to go back to Malaysia and get out of football as he made Cardiff a laughing stock this season, which was funny and sad

I find your first point most touching Largo! :-))

I feared our run in when the fixtures first came out Willy. I said we need to be safe before this run in arrived. On another note, i wonder what our idiotic David Mcnally thinks now in sacking Hughton? I really believed we would have had a better chance with him?

In the reality we are relegated i hope we either get former player Malky Mackay or a real long shot in David Moyes. I do not believe Adams is the man. I genuinely believe we are in a Bryan Gunn situation all over again!

X_X
    And once again, the title race has been blown wide open. Liverpool may now be relying on Everton to do them a favour.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Gone a bit quiet from the Liverpool fans.
    _71990034_71990033.jpg

Looks like the best team won.
    I'm surprised @forgotmyusername has not been on today. Usually always posts when Liverpool win... ;-)
    Title race now firmly in Man City's hands!
    edited April 2014 Posts: 1,575
    We should have parked the bus like chelsea did and get the draw. :(
    Looks like man city against everton could decide the title....
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Oh how it can come back to haunt you...

10154915_10152372937845638_4691985119074377172_n.jpg

;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    That result was always on the cards. Mourhino is a master of getting the right results.

Pool have been a free scoring team that concede a lot of goals as well. So he simply snuffed them out. No reason why Chelsea should have played to Liverpool's strengths. Great tactics.

I feel sorry for Gerrard though (or as sorry as someone earning a fraction of his wages can feel), and part of me wishes them well.

And hopefully both teams will go a little easy on my team (mighty Leicester) when we mix it with the big boys next term.
    AJAX Amsterdam is Champion 4th time in a row with the same coach.

It is not that they played a brilliant season, but overal were perhaps the team that kept the best balance of them all. Their best game was winning of Barcelona and their darkest hour was losing the KNVB cup last week with 5-1.

I was in Amsterdam yesterday, not because of the championship but visiting the ZOO with my kids. We got the ludicrous and silly drunk supporters thrown in as a bonus.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Its not over yet.
    Real Madrid has taken a 0-2 lead after 20 minutes which makes the aggregate 0-3 for them, I guess Bayern Munchen will not recover from that.
    After Ramon Calderon's comments about Mourinho on BBC 5 Live tonight, I'm now hoping for a Chelsea/Real final.

That would be tasty to say the least!
    With the first half of the match over I would dare to predict Real Madrid winning the place in the finale.

As for Mourinho's squad in the finale, that would be too much credit for his lousy coaching and anti-football.
    If you enjoy the game of football Chelsea should lose tomorrow.
  • RC7RC7
    SaintMark wrote:

If you enjoy the game of football you respect that the diversity of tactics and play make it the best and most unpredictable sport in the world. At the end of the day it's 11 v 11.

RC7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

If you enjoy the game of football you respect that the diversity of tactics and play make it the best and most unpredictable sport in the world. At the end of the day it's 11 v 11.

I enjoy the diversity of tactics, but there is football and anti-football and Mourinho is the pope of the latter. He is a disgusting coach bent on hate towards his collegues and different teams and his Chelsea showed anti-football which is worse than bad football.

I love football but prefer Mourinho and any team he coaches to lose, nothing to do with Chelsea.

Ramon Calderon when asked about Real bidding for Suarez:

"I don't know if Liverpool will let him leave. Let's see what happens in the next few months."

Brace yourself reds fans for a Real bid over the summer...
    Bayern Munchen - Real Madrid 4-0, I did not expect that before the game had started. I was looking forward to an exciting match between two great teams. Ramos & Ronaldo were the difference.

Lets hope tomorrows match will be more exciting to watch.
    What a shocking performance from Bayern tonight? Never saw that coming especially at home too! Congrats to Madrid! =D>
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2014 Posts: 10,512
    SaintMark wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

I enjoy the diversity of tactics, but there is football and anti-football and Mourinho is the pope of the latter. He is a disgusting coach bent on hate towards his collegues and different teams and his Chelsea showed anti-football which is worse than bad football.

I love football but prefer Mourinho and any team he coaches to lose, nothing to do with Chelsea.

His teams win important football matches and it's not fluke. If a coach can't set up their team to defeat his sides then that's too bad. Football is a competitive sport and you do what it takes to win. It's not always about beauty or those who deserve it on paper. That would be shite and rip the heart out of the game.