"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Mourinho's first ever home defeat in the Premier League - against bottom of the table Sunderland.

=))

Liverpool another step closer to the title.

Did not see that coming! Great news for Liverpool! Bad news for my Norwich boys!

:-t
  • Sorry my canary friends..we need to stuff you tomoz. We are 3 goals behind man city....we need to stuff you.

Fingers crossed. Just need to hold their nerves.
  • RC7RC7
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Mourinho's first ever home defeat in the Premier League - against bottom of the table Sunderland.

=))

Liverpool another step closer to the title.

Did not see that coming! Great news for Liverpool! Bad news for my Norwich boys!

:-t

Yep. Can see a Scouse onslaught tomorrow. To be fair, it's hard to see them slipping up. No one else has really been at the races and as much as I utterly despise them with every fibre of my body, there's no arguing that they'll deserve it if they get it. Woeful from Chelsea today. If that was my side during a title run in I'd feel ashamed. Anyway, up the Canary's ;)
    How the **** did Mike Dean not send Ramirez off for smashing his elbow into Larsson's face? Incredible, he was only a couple of yards away!
    This is probably why Suarez is so disliked by everyone other than Liverpool fans. Love the caption that goes with this Vine though.

This is probably why Suarez is so disliked by everyone other than Liverpool fans. Love the caption that goes with this Vine though.

It does not work for me that video, as in not playing.

While Suarez is a great payer he is also one imbalanced crazy unpredictable F****r who does deeds of vraziness on the fottball pitch that should get him banned for more than 8 or 9 games.
    During his stint in the Netherlands he actually bit somebody of the opposition in an important game. And drove his own fans up the wall due to his craziness, friend and foe were combined in their view on his idiocy.
    That said as a player he is nowhere near the brilliance of Zlatan, Ronald or Messi but is a very dangerous added factor to any team that plays with him.

SaintMark wrote:

It does not work for me that video, as in not playing.

While Suarez is a great payer he is also one imbalanced crazy unpredictable F****r who does deeds of vraziness on the fottball pitch that should get him banned for more than 8 or 9 games.
    During his stint in the Netherlands he actually bit somebody of the opposition in an important game. And drove his own fans up the wall due to his craziness, friend and foe were combined in their view on his idiocy.
    That said as a player he is nowhere near the brilliance of Zlatan, Ronald or Messi but is a very dangerous added factor to any team that plays with him.

It may only work in the UK then.

Suarez goes down like he's been shot then leaps back up when he sees he has a chance to attack.

To be fair not the only player who does that but his diving also doesn't help.
    You refer to Suarez recurring performances of "Swan Lake" when he falls with all drama true to the better balletschools.

Yeah that too is one of his weaker tactics.
    Well? Despite the loss to Liverpool, I am really proud of our performance today. Did not know anything about it until well after full time as have been at the hospital. Thankfully my Dad is ok and are just keeping him in for observation.

Congrats to Liverpool, they are by far the team I would like to see take the title from a neutral point of view. With a bit of luck, if we have the same attitude and approach we showed today? Hopefully we can get a point against Man Utd next week? Either way it was a great effort today! =D>
    That was a tough game against norwich who if they keep playing that way will stay up.

Hopefully we get sturridge back next week.
    001 wrote:
    That was a tough game against norwich who if they keep playing that way will stay up.

Hopefully we get sturridge back next week.

Certainly hope so 001! I think out of our last 3 games? I am hopeful for something against United? But as always we will have to wait and see?
  • Moyes, Liverpool's great hope is being booted out....how selfish, he hasn't finished wrecking utd totally yet.
    Moyes, Liverpool's great hope is being booted out....how selfish, he hasn't finished wrecking utd totally yet.

Hey? Have they knee jerked then?
  • yes strong inside info from utd that he's being given the boot....fergie is trying to change the banker's minds last minute - riveting stuff...not.
  • RC7RC7
    Moyes, Liverpool's great hope is being booted out....how selfish, he hasn't finished wrecking utd totally yet.

You really should concentrate on your own side. One of the best attacking outfits in the league for a while. Why you'd be so preoccupied with United is beyond me.
  • RC7 wrote:

You really should concentrate on your own side. One of the best attacking outfits in the league for a while. Why you'd be so preoccupied with United is beyond me.

maybe because this is a football thread? maybe, what do you think? I know, I know, I'm pushing it, but just go with it....RCD2

• RC7RC7
    edited April 2014 Posts: 10,512
    RC7 wrote:

maybe because this is a football thread? maybe, what do you think? I know, I know, I'm pushing it, but just go with it....RCD2

Good call. In off the red.

You do your team and fellow fans no favours. The Scousers have always been bitter regards United, even when United were shit, because they had an aura Liverpool could never buy, even with silverware. You're actually a good side at the minute and you're reverting to type by dragging United into the argument. They're a team who aren't currently at the races, but under the skin it seems.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

Good call. In off the red.

You do your team and fellow fans no favours. The Scousers have always been bitter regards United, even when United were shit, because they had an aura Liverpool could never buy, even with silverware. You're actually a good side at the minute and you're reverting to type by dragging United into the argument. They're a team who aren't currently at the races, but under the skin it seems.

Woah woah woah woahhhh, that's English for stop a horse.

In all seriousness the two clubs have fans who are guilty of this but it is United fans who are borderline obsessive. United continually chant and sing about Merseyside and it's people, No matter the occasion.
    Liverpool and its 'slums' 'rats' and 'council houses' belted out with such love and passion as if the only team that ever visit old Trafford is the Mersey reds.
    How ironic considering United's best player is indeed ........... A filthy robbing murdering scouser!
    You can't make this stuff up! So idiotic it's mind numbingly hilarious!
    Oh and then there's the banner that the as always impeccably classy United fans unveiled at goodison park on Sunday.
    It read 'JFT39', in referance to heysel.
    We're United playing Liverpool? Of course not.
    Was the banner used to support there team? Of course not.
    What justice did the United fans actually want? Because anyone with half a brain knows that the chief police officer in charge at heysel was sent to prison. As were officials at UEFA and 'fans ' at the game.
    United fans are the obsessed.

• edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    David Moyes has been sacked by Man United.

Daniel Levy is speed dialling him as we speak....
    8-1 next swans manager moyes
    Worth a £5 note me thinks
    Or maybe Newcastle ?
    Or Villa?
    would have Moyes at Norwich when we go down! To hopefully get us straight back up!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote:
    would have Moyes at Norwich when we go down! To hopefully get us straight back up!

I hope Norwich stay up.
    Run home. Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal.

Cardiff: Sunderland, Newcastle, Chelsea.
    Fulham: Hull, Stoke, Crystal Palace
    Sunderland: Cardiff, Man Utd, West Brom, Swansea.

It is a tall order for Norwich, but certainly not impossible. Though none of the teams in the bottom three have an easy run by any means.

I hope Norwich do as well,and i hope Cardiff go down,because i hate what that Vincent Tan twat has done to the club.
    Benny wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I hope Norwich stay up.
    Run home. Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal.

Cardiff: Sunderland, Newcastle, Chelsea.
    Fulham: Hull, Stoke, Crystal Palace
    Sunderland: Cardiff, Man Utd, West Brom, Swansea.

It is a tall order for Norwich, but certainly not impossible. Though none of the teams in the bottom three have an easy run by any means.

It would be awesome if we did manage it? We just need to show a lot more fight and perhaps a little more physical. Raised an eyebrow last night seeing Terry and Cech injured and out for the remainder of the season. But will have to wait and see? [-O<
    barryt007 wrote:
    I hope Norwich do as well,and i hope Cardiff go down,because i hate what that Vincent Tan twat has done to the club.

Nothing against the fans of Cardiff, but fully agree with regards to the Chairman!

• Vincent has paid all the debts off, saved the club...the rest is a misguided ego boost from a self made billionaire. At least you have a club to moan about.

Just bring back the blue.

And one more thing Moyes...Man Utd ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-(( :-)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
  • Vincent has paid all the debts off, saved the club...the rest is a misguided ego boost from a self made billionaire. At least you have a club to moan about.

Just bring back the blue.

And one more thing Moyes...Man Utd ha
    This is the big one 007. (Part 2) Part 1 was the game against mancity,
    Liverpool v chelsea...... This could be anything.
    Will chelsea park the bus like they did against athletico madrid?
    Goalfest?
    I can't wait for this blockbuster.