"Name That Quote"

Comments

"I told you this was a mistake".
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, I think you may finally have me at a loss. Is it Christmas Jones to Bond in TWINE?
    No it isn't.

Damn you @Creasy. You've wrecked our 100% record. ;-)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's Della's father in Licence To Kill, is it not?
    Well done @Samuel001. Your turn.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'll pass it back to you WillyGalore.
    Apologies, @WillyGalore! ;-)

At least someone came in and saved me further embarrassment by numerous incorrect guesses.
    I'll open it up to anyone who wants to take a turn.
    I'll keep it going:

"It's been a long time."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Maybe Bond to Paris Carver in TND?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'll keep it going:

"It's been a long time."

Got me on that one. Maybe Robert King to Bond when in M's office early into The World Is Not Enough. Damn well should be getting these soon enough but you can't win them all

No to both of those. Keep at it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bond to Alec in GE?
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Bond to Pola Ivanova?
    It's neither of those.
    Has anyone notice the scene in thunderball where a man comes up to Bond being held captive in a car at the junkanoo, and a man comes up to the car offering a bottle to the passenger and the guys says "I won't harm your man".

Interesting that the guy knows that Bond is being held captive because note, he refers to Bond as "your man" when speaking to Bond's captors, as if they own Bond.

Its likely that he has seen them around before holding peopole captive because I'm sorry, you don't just go up to a car and say that unless you know what your doing.
    @TakeASip, wrong thread. This is for guessing the James Bond quote.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 19,339
    TakeASip wrote:
    Has anyone notice the scene in thunderball where a man comes up to Bond being held captive in a car at the junkanoo, and a man comes up to the car offering a bottle to the passenger and the guys says "I won't harm your man".

Interesting that the guy knows that Bond is being held captive because note, he refers to Bond as "your man" when speaking to Bond's captors, as if they own Bond.

Its likely that he has seen them around before holding peopole captive because I'm sorry, you don't just go up to a car and say that unless you know what your doing.

Just FYI he actually says : "It wont harm you,man"...referring to the Bacardi bottle he is offering Bond.

barryt007 wrote:
    TakeASip wrote:

Just FYI he actually says : "It wont harm you,man"...referring to the Bacardi bottle he is offering Bond.

If this is true it means my analysis comes to nothing. So I just rewatched the scene and yep you were right. Okay, well, thanks for clearing that up.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I want to reply to Barry.
    Any other guesses on this, then?
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Is it involving one of the guests at the Greene Planet party? They are all greeting each other and I vaguely recall something like that being said.
    Tokoloshe wrote:
    Is it involving one of the guests at the Greene Planet party? They are all greeting each other and I vaguely recall something like that being said.

That's not it, either, but good guess.
    Bond to M in DAD?
    Bond to M in DAD?

Nope, sorry.
    This is longer than the 24 hour rule..

Given this some thought recently but still unable to place it. It's a shot in the dark, but maybe from License to Kill when Bond hasn't returned back yet when Bouvier and Q are waiting. (don't worry, 007 always comes back ?)

Therefore, Bouvier to Q ?
    Vijay to Q in Octopussy?

That rule only applies when someone has won but hasn't taken it upon themselves to choose a new quote. @Creasy won and chose his quote which we are still trying to uncover now, making the 24 hour rule null and void.

That rule only applies when someone has won but hasn't taken it upon themselves to choose a new quote. @Creasy won and chose his quote which we are still trying to uncover now, making the 24 hour rule null and void.

Yeah, I don't see where the 24 hour rule applies in the slightest. The quote is still up, and the most recent guesses are incorrect. Keep at it.
    And it's much more enjoyable like this instead of a back and forth game!
    And it's much more enjoyable like this instead of a back and forth game!

Thank you! It's nice to find a quote that slightly stumps.