Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    May the 4th be with you all, my friends. Anybody else but me spending the day watching the films?
    Hoax or not? I quite like "Order of the Jedi".
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    No title should reuse a work from a previous film. So return, jedi, empire, strike, hope, revenge, sith, attack, clone ect are all out as far as I'm concerned.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    FFB_MAYTHE4TH.png

:D
    FFB_MAYTHE4TH.png

:D

:)) Nice one Marketto!
    How I would have loved to see Rog in Star Wars ;-)
    James-Bond-Star-Wars1.jpg
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Interesting the cast announcement but I don't know any of the new actors.
    And I repeat: please, let there be Mara Jade! I want to see a cinematic portrayal of her!
    Star Wars Episode VII is called......
    THE ANCIENT FEAR

They admit it's a 'working title'. But it's not bad. Better than 'Return of the Empire' or something lazy like that

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67205
    Thank you for the information. It's interesting and mysterious but not as cool as the original trilogy titles. But nothing is... except Bond titles.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Not to keen on it. Sounds a bit...naff. Just like the Bond films, I think the Star Wars film titles have a certain "ring" about them (apart from TPM). Hope it is changed.
    Let's just hope it is a working title. That's as crap as The Phantom Menace.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited May 2014 Posts: 7,314
    Wow, I'm pretty disappointed with that title. Oh well. If it's a great movie then I can live with it.

It beats SKYFALL

;)
    SaintMark wrote:

It beats SKYFALL

;)

It so does not! ;-)
    SaintMark wrote:

It beats SKYFALL

;)

It so does not! ;-)

That Sir is a matter of taste and I love the pulpiness of the Star Wars titles as they are, for me, part of the make up of this classic serial like scifi adventure series.

Star Wars Episode VII is called......
    THE ANCIENT FEAR

They admit it's a 'working title'. But it's not bad. Better than 'Return of the Empire' or something lazy like that

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67205

Hmmmm? Not to sure about that title? Thanks for the info though! :-bd
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Sounds a whole helluva lot better than "Attack of the Clones".
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,813
    The reason I like it is this: any sequel that tried to 'out do' the Empire as an antagonist would tarnish the original trilogy. Since the title suggests an older evil returning, however, it sounds more like an evil that has perhaps been around right under our noses and could even shed a whole new light on the original trilogy.

Sort of like 'The Sixth Sense', where you watch the movie, and then at the end you see what has been going on without you realizing it and it changes everything!

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for further news
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I actually don't mind the title, I think it fits right in with the rest of them.
    Not sure if anyone noticed.

But "THE ANCIENT FEAR" is the opposite of "A NEW HOPE"

Clever.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited May 2014 Posts: 5,080
    jolearon wrote:
    Not sure if anyone noticed.

But "
    THE ANCIENT FEAR
    " is the opposite of "A NEW HOPE"

Clever.

Use a spoiler tag, please.
    As working titles go, it's better than Phantom Menace's original title: THE BEGINNING.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,813
    AWESOME news if true. I'll put it under spoilers, just in case.

NEcqWO5yiKuTge_1_1.jpg
    http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/harrison-ford-to-co-lead-star-wars-episode-vii-alongside-three-young-stars

The long and the short of the article is this: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are all back, yes, but Ford will have a much more substantial role than the rest. Han Solo is a 'Co-lead' along the new younger actors!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That makes sense, from a marketing standpoint.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It will be very interesting to see how this film looks when completed.
    AWESOME news if true. I'll put it under spoilers, just in case.

NEcqWO5yiKuTge_1_1.jpg
    http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/harrison-ford-to-co-lead-star-wars-episode-vii-alongside-three-young-stars

The long and the short of the article is this: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are all back, yes, but Ford will have a much more substantial role than the rest. Han Solo is a 'Co-lead' along the new younger actors!

Well i assume that it will be only for the first movie then?
    News on the new Star Wars movie is looking a little sparse in relation to tidbits on how the early production is going, so I'll add a few things that are happening from various dispatches. Though the Disney head honcho Alan Horn dismissed the reports by saying “We did some second-unit work in Abu Dhabi”, it seems like the shoot in Abu Dhabi is more extensive than that. According to one crew member, the main unit shoot will begin on Tuesday May 13th, and is expected to last almost three weeks, until at least the end of May.

Here are some juicy details, in the form of a brief description of the Star Wars Episode 7 film set in Abu Dhabi:
    A “whole world” having been built on an otherworldly salt lake at one location, a “shuttle-like” spacecraft, a large tower, a “big, centuries-old-looking market”, something the crew are reportedly referring to as the “alien house” and 10 to 15 “really fast buggies” powered by jet engines (landspeeders of Tatooine fame from the previous films, perhaps?)

We've also learned that a blast crater has been created with explosives. Some unnamed cast members were spotted out in the high sand dunes practicing driving the vehicles they’ll likely be using during the filming.

More on this subject can be found here...
    http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/film/star-wars-filming-to-start-on-may-13-in-abu-dhabi-desert

Another report says "The crew had several large white bags of rusted and bent metal parts, which are to be strewn in the desert, possibly to show a space­­craft crash or perhaps a post-apocalyptic civilization.”)

Again, more can be found on this Abu Dhabi news site...
    https://7daysindubai.com/7days-goes-search-hans-solo-star-wars-crew-abu-dhabi/

Fans have been speculating as to how any of this fits in with the general story. Now this is pure speculation and shouldn't be seen as a spoiler nor fact, but one of the theories involves Han and Leia’s daughter traveling to Tatooine to find her uncle Luke Skywalker, who has been living in exile. An unexpected Imperial attack happens resulting in a landspeeder chase though the Mos Eisley market place. Of course this is just a theory and the final story could be something completely different as it's just fans participating in back-fence talk.

That's enough for now, my fellow geeks. Enjoy your Sunday.