"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Congrats Liverpool well done putting that overpaid and bought for Manchester Side in their place. I do hope you'll get to be Champion which would be a hoot in the face of those billionaires toys.

Ajax Amsterdam is not yet champion but with a 6 points lead and a better goal difference they should be champions in two weeks. In the meantime they will play the finals of the KNVB-cup.

1. Ajax 32 20-09-03 - 69 pnt - 41gd - 66-25
    2. Feyenoord 32 19-06-07 - 63 pnt - 32gd - 70-38

two more games to go.
    Sorry @RogueAgent but I've changed my mind about your team. I think they could well be heading down after today's result.

Your chairman gambled on sacking Hughton and it's backfired on him.

Exactly what I thought willy! They have brought it upon themselves and I have no sympathy for them. But will always be a staunch canary fan.
    Congrats to Liverpool today! Next week you will sort your goal difference out seeing as you have got us!
    X_X =))
    Congrats to Hull City on reaching their first FA Cup Final after a brilliant match this afternoon.

Hope they stuff Arsenal next month. :-bd

• for the 96....for the 96
    I see Arsenal are making hard work of it again. I bet a few of the lads at work are getting annoyed.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I see Arsenal are making hard work of it again. I bet a few of the lads at work are getting annoyed.

They're 2-1 up now!
    RogueAgent wrote:

They're 2-1 up now!

Knowing them at work Willy? They will still moan! :-))
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 14,918
    Sunderland are 2-1 up against Man City with only minutes to play.
    =))

Edit - Finishes 2-2.
    City are now four points behind Chelsea, and six points behind Liverpool. With only one game in hand. They're going to need a lot of luck now to do it.
    Congrats to Palace on beating Everton tonight! That is some achievement! Glad City got that equaliser!
    Benny wrote:
    Sunderland are 2-1 up against Man City with only minutes to play.
    =))

Edit - Finishes 2-2.
    City are now four points behind Chelsea, and six points behind Liverpool. With only one game in hand. They're going to need a lot of luck now to do it.

I hope that Liverpool gets the championship............. But that is just me. :!!

• edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    I think Liverpool V Chelsea in a couple of weeks will now be the title decider.

I hear Mourinho has hired a double decker bus. Not for any trophy celebration you understand. He just wants to park it in front of the goal at Anfield. ;-)
    I think Liverpool V Chelsea in a couple of weeks will now be the title decider.

I hear Mourinho has hired a double decker bus. Not for any trophy celebration you understand. He just wants to park it in front of the goal at Anfield. ;-)

He should find out what Suarez likes to eat and wrap it around his players shoulders, Suarez just might take the bait. ;)

Has Gareth Bale just scored the winner in the Copa Del Ray? Madrid 2-1 up now with 5mins left.

Ronaldo won't be happy if Bale takes all the glory.
    Has Gareth Bale just scored the winner in the Copa Del Ray? Madrid 2-1 up now with 5mins left.

It will be character building for Ronaldo. ;)

SaintMark wrote:

Bale has scored 20 goals for Madrid in all competitions. Some people say he hasn't lived up to his price tag.

Personally, 20 goals in your debut season isn't a bad return.
    SaintMark wrote:

Bale has scored 20 goals for Madrid in all competitions. Some people say he hasn't lived up to his price tag.

Personally, 20 goals in your debut season isn't a bad return.

I think Bale was worth the price scoring so much with the one best football player in the world in the same team. And really Ronaldo is a brilliant player that makes a difference for any team.

I've just seen the goal he scored on a Vine.

Absolute world class. A player of his quality deserves to be winning medals. What I would give for him to have been English. No matter, we still James Milner... X_X
  • RC7RC7
    Tony Pulis - Manager of the season. Simply astonishing work.
    RC7 wrote:
    Tony Pulis - Manager of the season. Simply astonishing work.

Agreed. Although Rodgers will no doubt get it if Liverpool win the league.

I thought Palace were dead and buried when Pulis took over but their turn around in form is quite staggering.

Pulis gets a lot of stick for his style of play (I'm not overly fond of it either) but you can't deny the results he gets.
    I agree, it will be either Pulis or Rodgers? Both have done brilliantly with their respective clubs.
  • Nah manager of the season is David Moyes...he's done a brilliant job for Liverpool, City, Chelski....the list does go on...

And above all I love the fact that he's given us a Beetroot Fergie face every home game...priceless.
    Norwich v Liverpool ,another step closer to the title if we win this.
    Sturridge and Henderson out,so it's not going to be easy away against norwich who are fighting hard to avoid relegation.
  • 001 wrote:
    Sturridge and Henderson out,so it's not going to be easy away against norwich who are fighting hard to avoid relegation.

Lucas, Allen, Alpas etc
    001 wrote:

As a Norwich fan they are kind words 001! But I see nothing but a loss.
    I am praying for a win tomorrow as I am slightly worried now that if we do not get at least 2 wins from last 4 games then we will be playing In the championship next season

largo2 wrote:
    I am praying for a win tomorrow as I am slightly worried now that if we do not get at least 2 wins from last 4 games then we will be playing In the championship next season

Don't stress it Largo? I am a Spurs, Stoke and Chelsea fan today too!!! :))
    Oh crap here we go again
    All the possession and then we gift a goal
    Only thing missing was a bow tie
    Come on boys. Get in there
    One more win from 3 games will make us safe
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hi. I just came over to tell you that football sucks. :-h
    Carry on.
    Mourinho's first ever home defeat in the Premier League - against bottom of the table Sunderland.

=))

Liverpool another step closer to the title.