"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

RogueAgent wrote:
    yes lucky so far but Stevie's yellow card is the worry. one more bad tackle and he's out for three games.

But forget football for a while look at this:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/aston-martin-db5-lives-new-british-sports-car

That is simply stunning! :O

But totaly in the wrong thread,

I did see the same link in a more suitable thread.

Hope arsenal get their tactics and formation against man city better than they did against chelsea.
    A 5-5 formation might stop some shots on goal...
    Do it for Liverpool damn it.... :)
    Well done and hats off to Swansea! You beat us fair and square today! Look to bounce back next week at home against West Brom! Need to bag some points before our fun run in!!! ;)
    It was kind of dissapionting that At Madrid manged to beat Athletic away this evening. I have no idea how they did that actually. Bilbao are a pest at San Mames - as United should know. ;)

We still have the title race in our own hands, though.
    It's great that chelsea and man c dropped points yesterday.
    Can't wait for the Liverpool v tottenham game .
    Liverpool on course for the title thanks to a rollover by Spurs. How many fans now wanting AVB back I wonder?

By the way, best joke I heard today:

"The clocks went forward at midnight. Unless you're Tom Cleverly, in which case they went sideways".
  • come on the pool....#imshittingmypants....West Ham next and Southampton do us a favour please?
    come on the pool....#imshittingmypants....West Ham next and Southampton do us a favour please?

Wonder if west ham will park the bus when they play us?

• 001 wrote:
    come on the pool....#imshittingmypants....West Ham next and Southampton do us a favour please?

Wonder if west ham will park the bus when they play us

Park the bus all they like - we'll drive straight through it. Nah Sam will try and kick the spirit out of us. Let's see if Everton can do us favour as well.
    Come on the Hammers! Need you to beat Sunderland tonight please!
    Having said that? Well done boys! :-bd [/quote]
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Well done and hats off to Swansea! You beat us fair and square today! Look to bounce back next week at home against West Brom! Need to bag some points before our fun run in!!! ;)

Sorry Rogue
    Not on here alot as working or spending most of my free time looking after my little man
    Quite some time since I commented
    Well to start with I was So happy to see my boys record their first victory in ages
    Would like to say I hope Liverpool win the league as it would be nice to see Brenden and Colin get rewarded for all their hard work and nice to see Martinez up there too
    Could this be the year the Merseyside teams break into the top 4?
    I do hope Norwich stay up as well as my dear swans, so many crap teams in bottom 10 that I would like to see relegated
    3 wins for my boys should see us safe and Ronald koeman to take the helm next season with monk as coach
    Keep the faith
    largo2 wrote:
    Having said that? Well done boys! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote:

Sorry Rogue
    Not on here alot as working or spending most of my free time looking after my little man
    Quite some time since I commented
    Well to start with I was So happy to see my boys record their first victory in ages
    Would like to say I hope Liverpool win the league as it would be nice to see Brenden and Colin get rewarded for all their hard work and nice to see Martinez up there too
    Could this be the year the Merseyside teams break into the top 4?
    I do hope Norwich stay up as well as my dear swans, so many crap teams in bottom 10 that I would like to see relegated
    3 wins for my boys should see us safe and Ronald koeman to take the helm next season with monk as coach
    Keep the faith
    [/quote]

Cheers Buddy! I hope we stay up too! :)) Believe it or not I am a Hammers fan tonight! :-bd If we can beat West Brom on Saturday that would be a massive step forward! [-O<
    Nice one Hammers!!! The statues Quo remains! 8-}
    I think being a Norwich fan is going to kill me! ~X( :((
  • had enough of the special one; classless, thug, twat. anyone but chelsea to win. raffa played better football at chelsea. chelsea deserve what is about to befall their club.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    had enough of the special one; classless, thug, twat. anyone but chelsea to win. raffa played better football at chelsea. chelsea deserve what is about to befall their club.

Probably second or third in the Premier League. Love to finish above the scousers, but 'Hannibal' Suarez is playing some good football. Possibly because other players are scared he'll bite them.

Liverpool v west ham should be a interesting game today.
    Hopefully we can win again and go top.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Heart in mouth and various swear words. 5 games lads 5 games! ........ Not sure I can cope
  • Go on the mighty pool....two wrongs do make a right...

i cannot believe it.....
    Chris Houghton now gone
    Rogue - good call or not?
    largo2 wrote:
    Chris Houghton now gone
    Rogue - good call or not?

Literally just read it on the website Largo, one of my mates just text me. Bad call I reckon. Knee jerk reaction by the board yet again.

Yeah our last 4 games are a nightmare. But we are 5 points clear as it stands. So if we can manage a point if not all 3 against Fulham? Then treat the last 4 matches as cup finals against 4 of the massive teams in the Premier League.

McNally said Hughton's remit was to stay out the bottom 3. As it stands he has. I think the board have now definitely just got us relegated. Not saying we have a right to stay up, but let the guy see the job to the end of the season.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 1,575
    Back on top.
    Good punch by carroll on the MIG in the face (which the ref missed) that resulted in a goal. [-X
    Things like that could have cost us the win and the title..........
  • Houghton is nice guy too nice I reckon.

Come on the pool.....stuff it to the other Mancs this weekend #giveittousbaby
    Well that has knackered Sunderland's goal difference a fair bit! Nice one Spurs!
    This is the big one 007..........

Liverpool v man city,do or die game for us.
    We beat city and the title could be ours.
    001 wrote:
    This is the big one 007..........

Liverpool v man city,do or die game for us.
    We beat city and the title could be ours.

Even though i'm an Arsenal fan i will be a Liverpool fan for that match !!

REAL vs BAYERN
    CHELSEA vs ATLETICO MADRID

At least one of the favorites for the CL finales will not make it.

Without Ronaldo I think that Madrid is a lot less on the field than with him.

As for Chelsea's chances I would rate them 50%.
    SaintMark wrote:
    REAL vs BAYERN
    CHELSEA vs ATLETICO MADRID

At least one of the favorites for the CL finales will not make it.

Without Ronaldo I think that Madrid is a lot less on the field than with him.

As for Chelsea's chances I would rate them 50%.

Not a bad draw, should be good

Sorry @RogueAgent but I've changed my mind about your team. I think they could well be heading down after today's result.

Your chairman gambled on sacking Hughton and it's backfired on him.
    Good luck to my boys tomorrow
    Sure Liverpool will be swans tomorrow