"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    _73747813_73747594.jpg

Happy 1000th Arsene.
    chelsea-6-0-arsenal.jpg?w=250&h=184
    Massive belated well done to the Norwich boys yesterday! Well chuffed on a much needed win over Sunderland. All the teams around us slipped up yesterday which was an absolute bonus for us! So come on lets get some more points on the board particularly within the next 3 games before we start our nightmare run in!
    I find myself slightly shocked to see no comments about El Clasico! Aren't you brittish interested in football! :>

Its like the biggest match in the world. Not watching it is like skipping a new Bond film in the theaters!
    jobo wrote:
    I find myself slightly shocked to see no comments about El Clasico! Aren't you brittish interested in football! :>

Its like the biggest match in the world. Not watching it is like skipping a new Bond film in the theaters!

Watching Norwich each week is like El Clasico! You never know which Norwich team is gonna turn up?!!! ;)
    jobo wrote:

To answer your question. No, we don't give a toss. ;-)
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 6,396
    RogueAgent wrote:
    jobo wrote:

Watching Norwich each week is like El Clasico! You never know which Norwich team is gonna turn up?!!! ;)

What a goal by the way. Take a bow son, take a bow.
    jobo wrote:

So you aren't interested in football then? ;)

Well, I guess you can't expect every culture to appreciate the beatiful game. But don't worry, I guess it eventually will make its way to your secluded island too...
    jobo wrote:
    jobo wrote:

Well, I guess you can't expect every culture to appreciate the beatiful game. But don't worry, I guess it eventually will make its way to your secluded island too...

You should know by now that the British are not concerned about other competitions besides the one they compete in, because they have the best competition in the world that is according the Brits.

The match between Madrid & Barcelona was sheer advertisement for the game of football, and besides Bayern Munchen there is not a team in Europe that can match these two.

I saw the whole match live on the telly and got pulled into the match, it was great football for the neutral viewer. And Messi, well he is close to perfection when it comes to football.

SaintMark wrote:
    jobo wrote:
    jobo wrote:

You should know by now that the British are not concerned about other competitions besides the one they compete in, because they have the best competition in the world that is according the Brits.

The match between Madrid & Barcelona was sheer advertisement for the game of football, and besides Bayern Munchen there is not a team in Europe that can match these two.

I saw the whole match live on the telly and got pulled into the match, it was great football for the neutral viewer. And Messi, well he is close to perfection when it comes to football.

"You should know by now that the British are not concerned about other competitions besides the one they compete in".

Yes, I have in deed noticed that. Its kind of what I'm trying to highlight and make fun of. In a friendly manner of course! :)

Apart from that I'm happy to see we have similiar opinions. About practically everything! ;)
  • RC7RC7
    The 'English game' is the greatest in world football. I'm talking every tier. The fans, the stadia, the history, is unrivalled. There are teams who've won the top division title, FA Cup, even European honours, as far down as the fourth division. El Classico might be decent, but outside a couple of fixtures, most European football is irrelevant outside the top half of their respective first divisions.
    We are talking football aren't we?
  • RC7RC7
    SaintMark wrote:

What are you talking?
    SaintMark wrote:

Of course!

RC7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

What are you talking?

S**t as usual.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 1,575
    jobo wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    jobo wrote:
    jobo wrote:

Cristiano ronaldo and other madrid players always say they were robbed by the referee as he did again when they lost to barca.

The real el classico is Liverpool v man u .......... :)
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

What are you talking?

S**t as usual.

Touché ;)

RC7 wrote:
    The 'English game' is the greatest in world football. I'm talking every tier. The fans, the stadia, the history, is unrivalled. There are teams who've won the top division title, FA Cup, even European honours, as far down as the fourth division. El Classico might be decent, but outside a couple of fixtures, most European football is irrelevant outside the top half of their respective first divisions.

Anytime I see a football supporter claim all of this as a response to a games two of the best football teams today, I know he is not really enjoying the game of football.
    And is with all of his might holding on to a declining football culture. ;)
    RC7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

What are you talking?

S**t as usual.

At least you knew two letters of the word, which is perhaps better than I expected from you.

I know that it is difficult to read all the words in threads, try to do so next time than perhaps you know what you are responding to.

SaintMark wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

What are you talking?

S**t as usual.

At least you knew two letters of the word, which is perhaps better than I expected from you.

I know that it is difficult to read all the words in threads, try to do so next time than perhaps you know what you are responding to.

Shh. Be quiet now whilst the adults speak. There's a good boy.
    Cristiano ronaldo and other madrid players always say they were robbed by the referee as he did again when they lost to barca.

SaintMark wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

What are you talking?

S**t as usual.

I know you have facial troubles youngling but that is no excuse for respectless behaviour.

I guess this is what you brittish will never understand. Apart from a few aficionados who have joined the anglofile football bandvagon, Europeans don't care about the FA Cup or the lower tiers of English football. These are as uninteresting to us as everything "outside the top half of their respective first divisions" in Europe are to you. ;)

The brits invented the game, and you have been in a league of your own in terms of marketing globally, I'll give you that. But in football tactical terms you are stranded in the middle ages somewhere. You are almost completely reliant on foreign investors and players to make your league keep its high quality (hence why your national team sucks!). \:D/ And without that foreign influence your football would be boring as hell. Just look at your national team! :))

And nothing, simply nothing, in English football beats El Clasico in terms of quality, history, drama, excitement or global interest/apeal. That's the truth. I'm sorry to inform you... :-c

But my intention wasn't really to make this into major discussion or argument. I hope you are able to see this as what it is. Trivial football banter without too much seriousness! :)
    001 wrote:

The state both teams are in currently I would say hardly, even if Liverpool is on the way back, Man U is absolutely not.

SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

What are you talking?

S**t as usual.

I know you have facial troubles youngling but that is no excuse for respectless behaviour.

In your case I make an exception.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 7,653
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

What are you talking?

S**t as usual.

And as always I hope it makes you feel "the man".

Some people are talking football and you find it necessary to be insulting, which shows the sheer quality you seem to be lacking in people skills.

But whatever tickles your fancy.

SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

What are you talking?

S**t as usual.

That's enough boys. Calm down or you will both get a yellow card. :)
    edited March 2014 Posts: 1,575
    SaintMark wrote:
    001 wrote:

The state both teams are in currently I would say hardly, even if Liverpool is on the way back, Man U is absolutely not.

Liverpool is back with the SASAS. Sturridge,suarez and skyrtel. :)

SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

What are you talking?

S**t as usual.

Some people are talking football and you find it necessary to be insulting, which shows the sheer quality you seem to be lacking in people skills.

But whatever tickles your fancy.

Insulting. Like this you mean?
    SaintMark wrote:

Making a crass generalisation about a country you know very little about? Yes, because that's not stereotyping at all is it.

What a cretin you are.
    RC7 wrote:

I guess this is what you brittish will never understand. Apart from a few aficionados who have joined the anglofile football bandvagon, Europeans don't care about the FA Cup or the lower tiers of English football. These are as uninteresting to us as everything "outside the top half of their respective first divisions" in Europe are to you. ;)

The brits invented the game, and you have been in a league of your own in terms of marketing globally, I'll give you that. But in football tactical terms you are stranded in the middle ages somewhere. You are almost completely reliant on foreign investors and players to make your league keep its high quality (hence why your national team sucks!). \:D/ And without that foreign influence your football would be boring as hell. Just look at your national team! :-))

And nothing, simply nothing, in English football beats El Clasico in terms of quality, history, drama, excitement or global interest/apeal. That's the truth. I'm sorry to inform you... :-c

But my intention wasn't really to make this into major discussion or argument. I hope you are able to see this as what it is. Trivial football banter without too much seriousness! :)
    001 wrote:

What do you think about that?

Having seen the game I must have missed that robbery bit, both teams played very good and for me the penalties were fair enough, Ronaldo's penalty might be the only one that was doubtfull.