IMDB put up fake Bond 24 film title!

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Ludovico wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:
    ..... which I never understood - why are they so prejudice against using non-Fleming titles?.... some of them are better than the original ones they came up with..

Because they would have to pay royalties to their authors.

but in the case of books like Devil May Care, and Carte Blanche - they already bought the rights to them...... i am to assume that that is so no one else can take the material and film it - but still........ there has to be the same sort of arrangement with the other novels as well... it would be interesting to see if/what EON has the rights to out the non-Fleming works - but DMC and CB i know for a fact they have the rights to...
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 14,838
    HASEROT wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:
    ..... which I never understood - why are they so prejudice against using non-Fleming titles?.... some of them are better than the original ones they came up with..

but in the case of books like Devil May Care, and Carte Blanche - they already bought the rights to them...... i am to assume that that is so no one else can take the material and film it - but still........ there has to be the same sort of arrangement with the other novels as well... it would be interesting to see if/what EON has the rights to out the non-Fleming works - but DMC and CB i know for a fact they have the rights to...

But wouldn't they have to pay royalties to use the title? That would mean for Sebastian Faulks to receive money from tickets sales, DVD sales, whatever products they sell with the DMC label on, etc. Why bother? And why pay him money after he slagged off Daniel Craig and SF? Not to mention that he might think he has creative rights or whatever.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Ludovico wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:

But wouldn't they have to pay royalties to use the title? That would mean for Sebastian Faulks to receive money from tickets sales, DVD sales, whatever products they sell with the DMC label on, etc. Why bother? And why pay him money after he slagged off Daniel Craig and SF? Not to mention that he might think he has creative rights or whatever.

when they purchased the rights, it was after the book debuted.. it was only out for like a week or two then they purchased the rights...... I am not privy to the exact details and what they entitle, but i know EON have them.
    I just hope they manage to keep the new title a secret until it is officially announced at a press conference. Especially after how Skyfall was leaked well ahead of the confirmation at the press conference?

Perhaps this time around they have figured a way for it not to be revealed online? We will have to wait and see?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How exactly was the Skyfall title leaked? Anyone know?
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

Seem to remember lots of people and press noted how Sony had trademarked 'skyfall'.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DCisared wrote:

Seem to remember lots of people and press noted how Sony had trademarked 'skyfall'.

That and somehow it was leaked that they bought a bunch of web domain names that involved Skyfall.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DCisared wrote:

Murdock wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

That and somehow it was leaked that they bought a bunch of web domain names that involved Skyfall.

Interesting. At least it wasn't a slip from the inside. Domain names and trademarks definitely seem to be the biggest causes of movie and game titles being spoiled in this tech-crazy time, which is a shame.
    DCisared wrote:

Murdock wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

Interesting. At least it wasn't a slip from the inside. Domain names and trademarks definitely seem to be the biggest causes of movie and game titles being spoiled in this tech-crazy time, which is a shame.

Not even sure how that type of information gets spotted in the first place. :-??
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's pretty common lately that film titles (or at least possible ones) are leaked weeks before a confirmation thanks to domain registrations.
    ^I can't wait! The first 'big' news outside of casting rumors.
    Come And Dive is obviously a fake title.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The title of Quantum Of Solace was leaked the same way and I would think it will happen again.
    Yeah I seem to recall this business of Domain names being registered which gave the game away. And I recall MGW joking at the launch about the best worst kept secret in history! :-))
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 9,773
    its been taken down... :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Good. Can't believe so many people and sites fell for that bit of faux information.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Good. Can't believe so many people and sites fell for that bit of faux information.

I guess this is why movies are being dumbed down for the masses. Good grief... ~X(
  • ManOftheLAWManOftheLAW Banned
    Lambs wake up! Some leaker aT EON leaks the scipt. Perhaps the title "Come and Drive". It gets faxed over, like how we remember when they get the fax that say Tomrorrow Never Lies but the fax it was a typo and said "Tomorrow Never Dies" and Cub Brocoli said, "lets just go with it!" and well the rest is history. So do not be surprised when Come and Dive is revleead as the true title. This is just a PR coverup.
    Lambs wake up! Some leaker aT EON leaks the scipt. Perhaps the title "Come and Drive". It gets faxed over, like how we remember when they get the fax that say Tomrorrow Never Lies but the fax it was a typo and said "Tomorrow Never Dies" and Cub Brocoli said, "lets just go with it!" and well the rest is history. So do not be surprised when Come and Dive is revleead as the true title. This is just a PR coverup.

This type of post sounds incredibly familiar......... :-?

This type of post sounds incredibly familiar......... :-?

IFM. It's our old friend who's bad at MS Paint.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Cubby Broccoli was dead at that time. YOU KNOW NOTHING.
  • XXXXXX Banned
    You knever know.... never say never it's happened before it will happen again I'm sure of it. :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,944
    Murdock wrote:
    Hey! I was once bad at MS Paint. Trust me, I just know.

Sent from my shoe phone

Wave Link- it's not the future.
    QBranch wrote:

You're right: it's our reality!
    QBranch wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Hey! I was once bad at MS Paint. Trust me, I just know.

Sent from my shoe phone

We are among friends here chap. ;)
    This all sounds like a bit like an Elliot Carver style plot just to create headlines!
  • What about the synopsis on imdb for Bond 24, why's it still there?
  • XXXXXX Banned
    Why what did it say?
    What about the synopsis on imdb for Bond 24, why's it still there?
  • RC7RC7
    What about the synopsis on imdb for Bond 24, why's it still there?

Does it matter? It's fake.
    Boy I read the plot. Worse than the title. How come anyone believe this to be even remotely true?