New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Hi everyone,

I've been an MI6 reader since 2000 but only recently started contributing a bit more, so I thought I'd put something in here too.

I'm 34 and originally from Oxford but now living in a beautiful part of Northern Ireland with my wife and two young children. I've been a Bond fan for as long as I can remember, it's one of the only constants in my life and I'm unashamedly passionate about the whole series, both on a personal enjoyment level and regarding its place in cinema history and British culture. Having been too busy with 'real life' to rewatch many of the films until recently, a few weeks ago I started watching the whole Bond series again from the start (whenever time permits). I've rediscovered so many lovely moments I'd not actually seen for many years, it has only reignited my enthusiasm for talking about the films with people who share this appreciation.

Away from Bond, I've represented the UK at the World Scrabble Championships in the past and I contribute the weekly Scrabble puzzle to a major UK broadsheet newspaper. I also won a series of 'Countdown' a few years ago, with which I still manage to impress old ladies with an average age of 84.

I started up the 'Bond film cross-table' thread a couple of weeks ago and it's proving to be an interesting collaborative project, so do have a look if you get the chance.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Thanks for posting here. You're becoming a familiar face @tokoloshe and it's us that gain from you being here - even if it took over 10 years for you to join! ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A belated welcome is in order then. Nice to learn something about the man behind the eye.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome aboard dear @Tokoloshe! I'm from the province too. Great to have a fellow national here. I hope you enjoy your time on the world's greatest James Bond community.
    Welcome indeed !!

We always are on the look out for intelligent posters on here.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome to the forums @Tokoloshe , would you be the same member who used to be active on Keeping the British End Up? The old forums, back in the day.
    Always great to have a fellow Bond fan to discuss with. Enjoy.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Benny wrote:
    Welcome to the forums @Tokoloshe , would you be the same member who used to be active on Keeping the British End Up? The old forums, back in the day.

Yes I did post there once in a blue moon. Surprised anyone remembers!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Tokoloshe wrote:
    Benny wrote:

Yes I did post there once in a blue moon. Surprised anyone remembers!

Us oldies have long memories.

;)

Nice to have you back. Looks like you've started settling in as many do. Hope you enjoy your time here, and share all those years of Bondian knowledge with us.
    Hi everyone, I am a 25 year old American Male. Began my bond adventure with Goldeneye. Own and love all Bond movies and have appreciation with every single one.
    When asked to list best to worst or vise verse, I always decline. To me, each movie has its own unique way of portraying 007 and his villains no matter how far fetched it may be. Also understanding the time setting which the movies were made and the audiences film makers are trying to reach out to being able to accept that allows me to accept each movie.

• XXXXXX Banned
    edited March 2014 Posts: 132
    jsr862 wrote:
    Hi everyone, I am a 25 year old American Male. Began my bond adventure with Goldeneye. Own and love all Bond movies and have appreciation with every single one.
    When asked to list best to worst or vise verse, I always decline. To me, each movie has its own unique way of portraying 007 and his villains no matter how far fetched it may be. Also understanding the time setting which the movies were made and the audiences film makers are trying to reach out to being able to accept that allows me to accept each movie.
    Agreed, make yourself at home :)
  • As a long time occasional dweller of Bond forums including the old Keeping the British End Up I would like to say a quick hello. My curiosity in the Bond films was piqued by the Silver anniversary back in 1987, which would suggest I have now been a fan of the series for the majority of its lifespan (as unfathomable as that prospect would have seen in my earliest days of fandom). While I may be something of a sucker for film series in general (I own not one but two books on the Friday the 13th franchise for starters) the story of the Bond series, its sights and sounds, its triumphs and pratfalls, its times and its faces hold a special fascination for me. These days I find myself very partial to the 60’s films, but I still love watching pretty much all of them. And of course nagging at them too. With somewhat regular intervals a Fleming title tends to pop up at my bedside table as well.

Anyway, nice to be here and see you around.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    @jsr862 and @OtisFairplay, welcome to our forum! Hope you find some good threads to participate in. We certainly have a wide variety of topics. Welcome board, both of you! :)>-

And a hearty welcome to you, too - I see you are already participating fully, @Tokoloshe. :) So nice to have you here! I also read MI6 for years before joining the forum. But I'm glad I did; it's fun and a good place to hang out.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2014 Posts: 17,813
    Welcome @OtisFairplay. I've already welcomed you by PM but I wanted to extend a public welcome to you as well. Welcome to @jsr862 too!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Welcome, both. Nice to meet you. ~O) Coffee?
    Welcome to MI6 ,fellow Bond enthusiasts !!
    Welcome to the party all newcomers!!! :D <:-P
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    welcome_mat.gif

to MI6 Community.
    While I may be something of a sucker for film series in general (I own not one but two books on the Friday the 13th franchise for starters

Another fan, good to see. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A warm welcome to all new members, I hope you enjoy your time here and the discussions we have to offer!
  • XXXXXX Banned
    edited March 2014 Posts: 132
    As a long time occasional dweller of Bond forums including the old Keeping the British End Up I would like to say a quick hello. My curiosity in the Bond films was piqued by the Silver anniversary back in 1987, which would suggest I have now been a fan of the series for the majority of its lifespan (as unfathomable as that prospect would have seen in my earliest days of fandom). While I may be something of a sucker for film series in general (I own not one but two books on the Friday the 13th franchise for starters) the story of the Bond series, its sights and sounds, its triumphs and pratfalls, its times and its faces hold a special fascination for me. These days I find myself very partial to the 60’s films, but I still love watching pretty much all of them. And of course nagging at them too. With somewhat regular intervals a Fleming title tends to pop up at my bedside table as well.

Anyway, nice to be here and see you around.
    Welcome ! :) Playport Purejoy is my other name.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 45
    Thanks for the welcome, all.
    While I may be something of a sucker for film series in general (I own not one but two books on the Friday the 13th franchise for starters

Another fan, good to see. :)

Some folks sure got a strange idea of entertainment, right?
  • This is my first visit and comment on this site. I'm glad to see such a large following of a great story-line. I've spent a great deal of my life working as a minion/cog for various levels of government agencies in Texas and New Mexico. So the films have always given me a bit of respite from the tedious and repetitive work I do. So! Thanks Mr. Bond!
  • XXXXXX Banned
    reatchley wrote:
    This is my first visit and comment on this site. I'm glad to see such a large following of a great story-line. I've spent a great deal of my life working as a minion/cog for various levels of government agencies in Texas and New Mexico. So the films have always given me a bit of respite from the tedious and repetitive work I do. So! Thanks Mr. Bond!
    Welcome welcome welcome! Make your home :)
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 29
    Hey folks, was registered on the old forum way back when. It's good to be back.
  • Hey guys, I'm Dravenslade1. My friend just introduced me to this site. I'm already liking it a lot. I am a pretty big Bond fan and am always interested in what others think about the films. Hope to talk to everyone soon!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Welcome to the forum, agents! Looking forward to hearing your opinions on all things Bond!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    reatchley wrote:
    This is my first visit and comment on this site. I'm glad to see such a large following of a great story-line. I've spent a great deal of my life working as a minion/cog for various levels of government agencies in Texas and New Mexico. So the films have always given me a bit of respite from the tedious and repetitive work I do. So! Thanks Mr. Bond!

For goverment minions, this is the place to be! ;-)
    Chiquita-DM2-minion-dave-bananas.jpg?w=420
    And a hearty welcome to @BANG (times 5) and @Dravenslade1 as well!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Welcome, all new members! We are a merry band of Bond fans; dive right in and please check our many threads (so many topics to explore). :)
    Joined a few days ago.Been a reader of the site for a while but decided to join up when i recently splashed out on the Bond 50 set and rediscovered my love of all things Bond.So far, im enjoying my time here on the forum and glad to see such good and intelligent discussion regarding 007 even if we all share different viewpoints on all things 007.
    HELLO my name is MATTHEW my fav bond film is GOLDENEYE follow by SKYFALL I guess that's it for now,see you around on the boards.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A big welcome to all new members.