Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Seth MacFarlane´s an idiot. I have no idea why he´s paid for what he does.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Thanks for doing that Willy I shure as hell won't be going to see that!,
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Thanks for doing that Willy I shure as hell won't be going to see that!,

To be fair, I don't think it's aimed at your demographic. ;-)

But it still looks awful.
    I have avoided Seth McIdiot since the first time Family guy got canned.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,901
    New poster for the Elijah Wood/John Cusack thriller, Grand Piano:

grand-piano-poster-alternative-405x600.jpg

http://collider.com/grand-piano-movie-poster/

I like it, there's an old school look to it.
    Loved TMNT's whilst I was growing up! Although I will watch it? I do not think I will be spending my hard earned on a trip to the cinema for this movie.
    New poster for the Elijah Wood/John Cusack thriller, Grand Piano:

grand-piano-poster-alternative-405x600.jpg

http://collider.com/grand-piano-movie-poster/

I like it, there's an old school look to it.

Just watched the trailer for that. Could be well worth a watch.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Grand Piano' looks pretty intense. 'Phone Booth' in a theater. I'm liking Cusack as a villain lately.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Grand Piano' looks pretty intense. 'Phone Booth' in a theater. I'm liking Cusack as a villain lately.

Yes that was my first impression too.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:

Same here. He was really creepy in Frozen Ground, I think he stole that film.
    @MajorDSmythe, agreed, he was really fantastic in that. I want to say that it's a shame he's really only done direct-to-DVD work lately, but everything I've seen of his lately is great. I've yet to see 'The Numbers Station,' but it looks fairly generic, so I don't have high hopes for it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @MajorDSmythe, agreed, he was really fantastic in that. I want to say that it's a shame he's really only done direct-to-DVD work lately, but everything I've seen of his lately is great. I've yet to see 'The Numbers Station,' but it looks fairly generic, so I don't have high hopes for it.

You summed up my thoughts exactly.

As for The Numbers Station, I thought it was an alright, low budget, british-set thriller. It's not quite in my top 10 Cusack films, and it might not have the bells and whistles of say... Bond, but for a direct-to-DVD film, it's a cut above the usual.
    I like Cusak a lot I would prefer him as a good guy (identity Runaway Jury and Con Air were amazing)
    @MajorDSmythe, I'll be sure to check it out soon, then.

@Risico007, I loved 'Runaway Jury,' thought it was an excellent courtroom drama/thriller.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 5
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8693/sweded-royale#Item_5

We plan to release a poster for our sweded film soon. Please wait in anticipation.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

It definitely got my attention. Clever, and with an old school Hitchcock type style and feel to it.
    Creasy47 wrote:

It definitely got my attention. Clever, and with an old school Hitchcock type style and feel to it.

Like someone else said, the theatrical poster has a very nice Hitchcockian, old-school feel to it, as well.
    Another Grand Piano poster:

grand-piano-poster.jpg

And from the same site, their review
    http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/grand-piano-2013#axzz2s4DS3Uc7
    I much prefer the previous poster. Far more stylish and Hitchcockian.
    I like both posters, but I am a little more in favour of the previous one too.
    I just think the more recent poster looks a bit generic and bland.
    I like both posters, but I am a little more in favour of the previous one too.

Agreed. Still good, but the first one was better.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Can't wait! :D
    I'm so excited for the new 'Captain America' film. Loved the first one, and each and every trailer for 'The Winter Soldier' I've seen gets me more and more pumped.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm so excited for the new 'Captain America' film. Loved the first one, and each and every trailer for 'The Winter Soldier' I've seen gets me more and more pumped.

I will be there as well.
    Superbowl Trailer for 3 Days To Kill:

Things I like: Kevin Costner.
    Things I dislike: McG(!)
    Things that piss me off: When Americans diss football (IT'S NOT CALLED SOCCER!) ;-)

Murdock wrote:

Can't wait! :D

Looks absolutely fantastic!!! Bring it on Captain! **==
    I am so sick and tired of Superhero movies. And Grand Piano got some nasty reviews on imdb.
    There is nothing playing now. I did like the previews to the upcoming Kevin Costner films. The action one as well as the one about the NFL draft. I may just stick to Netflix and Redbox for the next few months...
    I think 'Draft Day' looks dull and boring, and '3 Days To Kill' doesn't catch my attention at all. I figure it'll have a few generic action scenes and some terrible, shoehorned 'funny scenes' to try and give the film some life. Plus, McG.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Talk about it. I found the first one utterly boring, but I desperately want to see this one, it looks really really good. Also, the seeming tension between Jackson and the Captain could prove to be interesting in Rise of Ultron.

I used to be happily ignorant of Marvel, with the exception of the Iron Man films, but lately the tide seems to turn a bit. First Thor2, now this, things look good.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    '3 Days To Kill' doesn't catch my attention at all. I figure it'll have a few generic action scenes and some terrible, shoehorned 'funny scenes' to try and give the film some life. Plus, McG.
    McG doesn´t bother me, but the ´funny scenes´ look like they´re shoehorned indeed. It´s a shame that Costner´s talent is wasted like that.
    Why can´t they make older actors look good anymore, like Connery in The Rock?